• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Sign in to follow this  
sngehl01

Masahiro Tanaka 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Anybody know when his next start is going to be?  ESPN doesn't have him listed as starting this week.  Hurts during championship week if that is true.

6 hours ago, TheBoatmen said:

Anybody know when his next start is going to be?  ESPN doesn't have him listed as starting this week.  Hurts during championship week if that is true.

Wednesday or Thursday 

Edited by Ratso1022

40 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

Any chance Tanaka gets that start on Sunday?

prob depends if they clinched the first WC or not

think magic number is 2

Edited by jfazz23

Isn’t Severino slated for the Sunday start? I know the Yanks stated that Tanaka and Severino were being considered for the WC game but I just don’t see how Severino could be ran out there with any confidence considering his play of late. Look at what the A’s did to him the last time they played. Yikes! Imo they go with Happ in the WC game.

4 hours ago, dilly3307 said:

Isn’t Severino slated for the Sunday start? I know the Yanks stated that Tanaka and Severino were being considered for the WC game but I just don’t see how Severino could be ran out there with any confidence considering his play of late. Look at what the A’s did to him the last time they played. Yikes! Imo they go with Happ in the WC game.

yes, and he will probably pitch 3 innings max.   Happ should go game 1 in Boston, so he can go 1 and 5.     He is their best pitcher in Fenway

I'm a yankee fan and I'd feel comfy with Sevy or Tanaka, at home, vs Oaktown.   Severino is 10-2  2.74 at home.   He will start the WC game.  he should, anyway

Edited by Ratso1022

2 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

yes, and he will probably pitch 3 innings max.   Happ should go game 1 in Boston, so he can go 1 and 5.     He is their best pitcher in Fenway

I'm a yankee fan and I'd feel comfy with Sevy or Tanaka, at home, vs Oaktown.   Severino is 10-2  2.74 at home.   He will start the WC game.  he should, anyway

They have to win the WC game to get game 1 and 5 in Boston.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dilly3307 said:

They have to win the WC game to get game 1 and 5 in Boston.

of course, Sevy gives them as good a chance as any.   He is 10-2  2.74 at home.

23 minutes ago, Ratso1022 said:

of course, Sevy gives them as good a chance as any.   He is 10-2  2.74 at home.

He isn’t starting the WC game. Move on.

1 minute ago, dilly3307 said:

He isn’t starting the WC game. Move on.

who is?    Was it announced?    He is the favorite, according to most here in NY.    Maybe you should "move on".   It's 50/50 at worst

1 minute ago, Ratso1022 said:

who is?    Was it announced?    He is the favorite, according to most here in NY.    Maybe you should "move on".   It's 50/50 at worst

YES Network says he is tabbed for Sunday start. And I will now be moving on.

6 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

lol.    He could pitch 1 inning.    Boone already said that earlier this week.  It would be his throw day.    

Edited by Ratso1022

14 hours ago, dilly3307 said:

He was supposed to pitch Tuesday and Sunday this week, but then the Yankees decided to do a bullpen game Monday.  That meant Tanaka pitched Wednesday and will not pitch Sunday.  Yankees should have HFA locked before then.

Tanaka had a great July, a bad August, and is having a great September. The overall picture of his true second half (July-Aug-Sept) has been very good. He has been much more than "meh" (which I stated he was, lol) in the second half. Kudos to Tanaka and all those who held onto him. Your patience was rewarded. He will finish with a solid overall ERA and a very good WHIP. 

18 hours ago, MrBrown said:

He was supposed to pitch Tuesday and Sunday this week, but then the Yankees decided to do a bullpen game Monday.  That meant Tanaka pitched Wednesday and will not pitch Sunday.  Yankees should have HFA locked before then.

he was talking about Severino.     I doubt Sevy goes Sunday, if so just one inning.   He will start the WC game.   Pretty certain

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

2.73 ERA over his last 15 starts. A true SP2. 

do u see this trend continuing for 2019? hes been so up and down. im a yankee fan so I see how he can ruin your week. see him ranked in low 100s so round 10-12ish? any outlook for this year