Sign in to follow this  
Brandayz

WHO TO DROP? - 100% QUICK WHIR!

Posted (edited)

So you guys told me to get Millsap, Parker and Fultz (maybe also Gallinari later on). Well if that's going to happen I need to drop some players from my roster. Both Millsap, Jabari, Fultz and Gallinari are on my WW right now :) Not going to get all of them at the same time (unless you convince me to) because I need some players back from injuries (Lavine will be back Saturday, THJ hopefully next week, Durant sooner than later (hopefully) and Chriss is day-to-day. Harden will probably be out for another 3 weeks.

So who would you add 1,2,3 and (maybe) 4 and who would you swap with from my current roster (should any of these players be picked up ASAP):

YAHOO 10 team league - 9 cat - H2H - 8 out of 10 teams makes the playoff (i'm currently 5th after a slow start and before my mega trades)

JUSTIN HOLIDAY (he's droppable now that Lavine returns)

BOBBY PORTIS (I like his ROS outlook at lot of Mirotic is traded to Detroit or Utah and maybe also RoLo)

MARQUESE CHRISS (huge upside if he pulls it all together - looked good in the last couple of games)

JULIUS RANDLE (Lakers are trying to shop him. Could be really good on another team with clear minutes)

TAUREAN PRINCE (Hit or miss so far but has the potential for really nice statlines)

AL-FAROUQ AMINU (he's droppable for me - too inconsistent
LAURI MARKKANEN (should be poised for some nice statlines if/when Mirotic is traded)

Rest of my squad:

THE GREEK FREAK

DEMARCUS COUSINS

ZACH LAVINE
KEVIN DURANT
RUSSELL WESTBROOK
TIM HARDAWAY JR

IL: JAMES HARDEN

Edited by Brandayz

I would drop 

Aminu

Holiday

Portis

And add Millsap, Parker, Fultz. Maybe Gallinari since he has perfect playoff schedule but he is always hurt so 50/50 gamble on him imo

37 minutes ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

I would drop 

Aminu

Holiday

Portis

And add Millsap, Parker, Fultz. Maybe Gallinari since he has perfect playoff schedule but he is always hurt so 50/50 gamble on him imo

Would you add Any of them Right away?

Well I just added Millsap for Aminu (when I saw the news of him getting his cast off - had to).

So now only Jabari Parker, Fultz and Gallinari are available. Who would you rank 1,2 and 3 to pick up and should any of them be picked up right away? :)

I would go in that order of ranking, Parker for better FG%

Jabari Parker, Fultz and Gallinari

Thanks a lot

Are either Fultz, Jabari Parker or Galli must adds ASAP? Or is it okay to gamble and wait a little (my league i pretty active and I was lucky to get Millsap when I heard his Cast was off)

i won't add jabari, fultz or gallo right now, but i'd rank them that way. if you're desperate i'd drop holiday (an inevitable drop anyways) for jabari.

44 minutes ago, lilKenners said:

i won't add jabari, fultz or gallo right now, but i'd rank them that way. if you're desperate i'd drop holiday (an inevitable drop anyways) for jabari.

So just wait it out and hope that I get Jabari first when we get an Update on him?

Edited by Brandayz

55 minutes ago, PasqualeSiakam said:

I think you wait a bit and see how Lavine and Holiday play together. None of them are an ASAP add IMHO.

So just Wat it out and hope that I get Parker first when we get an Update on him?

3 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

So just wait it out and hope that I get Jabari first when we get an Update on him?

that's what i'd do, though i think fultz returns earlier than jabari. do note that both players will be limited at first

drop aminu.. like yesterday and stash any of the players.. i'd lean towards fultz as he is returning sooner..  or milsap because you know what you're going to get.. he was balling before he went down.. 

jabari has tooooo many question marks.. but if you wanna gamble on his minute limits, new teamates, coach...

Well picked up Fultz instead of Holiday because I heard on Instagram Live that Fultz was saying he had a big surprise in London (well seems like it was a spoof)

But now I will keep him for next week schedule. 

I would make Millsap a priority add and wouldn't feel bad about cutting Portis or Aminu to stash. For reference, Millsap just got picked up in my 10 teamer with no IR spot today.

I don't feel confident in those other guys you want to add making valuable fantasy contributions this season in a shallow league, so I would hold off there in non-keeper formats.

depending on how confident you are in your team and how competitive those 5th and 6th playoffs spots are gonna be then I think it would be a good idea to just start winning now. you have a legendary core but there all injured right so I dont think you can afford to carry around an injured Milsap AND a Parker along with all these high upside guys who arent even producing top 100 value. mainly Portis and Chriss once he goes on another inevitable cold spell.Aminu, Randle and Holiday are all fringe options that are perfect for your team right now though. I would much rather have those 3 over injured guys like gallo and fultz and on a lesser scale Parker considering where youre at. youll win your league as long as you stay healthy honestly. if I were you I would drop Holiday to stream assists right now and salvage as many categories as you can for the next 2 weeks. you got plenty of upside on your team. to much upside can hurt you

Milsap is #1 for sure. Then I would take a chance on Fulz. Parker is 3rd on that pick up list. Aminu is absolutely the easiest drop. Then I would drop Prince for Fulz. I might wait on dropping Holiday for Parker though.

I think you hold Portis to see what happens with Miro. I'd drop Aminu and Holiday for Millsap and Jabari. 

Drop Aminu for Millsap. When do your playoffs start? Also, don't make the mistake of dropping Markkanen (I did after his horrible shooting stint a week or so ago).

11 hours ago, Del Rio said:

I would make Millsap a priority add and wouldn't feel bad about cutting Portis or Aminu to stash. For reference, Millsap just got picked up in my 10 teamer with no IR spot today.

I don't feel confident in those other guys you want to add making valuable fantasy contributions this season in a shallow league, so I would hold off there in non-keeper formats.

Well I grabbed Millsap for Aminu (especially since Harden should be back soon, so I will get a free IR spot) 

Also picked up Fultz for Holiday when I heard him talking about a big surprise in London on Instagram Live :) well now it seems like it was bull**** since all indicates that he won't even suit up 

10 hours ago, Larsso777 said:

+ Millsap Jabari - Holiday Aminu

So pick up Jabari as soon as I got some of my guys back (both Lavine (saturday), THJ (sooner than later), Harden (maybe next week), Chriss (should only miss 1 game max)) and then move Millsap to my IR spot and just play with 1 injured player on my active roster :)?

10 hours ago, ThottiePippen said:

depending on how confident you are in your team and how competitive those 5th and 6th playoffs spots are gonna be then I think it would be a good idea to just start winning now. you have a legendary core but there all injured right so I dont think you can afford to carry around an injured Milsap AND a Parker along with all these high upside guys who arent even producing top 100 value. mainly Portis and Chriss once he goes on another inevitable cold spell.Aminu, Randle and Holiday are all fringe options that are perfect for your team right now though. I would much rather have those 3 over injured guys like gallo and fultz and on a lesser scale Parker considering where youre at. youll win your league as long as you stay healthy honestly. if I were you I would drop Holiday to stream assists right now and salvage as many categories as you can for the next 2 weeks. you got plenty of upside on your team. to much upside can hurt you

So I picked up Millsap instead of Aminu and Fultz instead of Holiday (since he is probably coming back next week). Just stay put on Jabari for now. Should I swap Portis or just wait a little longer and see about that Mirotic trade ? Galli just got picked up from the WW. 

10 hours ago, loslakes said:

Milsap is #1 for sure. Then I would take a chance on Fulz. Parker is 3rd on that pick up list. Aminu is absolutely the easiest drop. Then I would drop Prince for Fulz. I might wait on dropping Holiday for Parker though.

I picked up Millsap when I heard his cast was off. Picked up Fultz when I heard him talking about a big surprise in London on Instagram Live. Dropped Aminu and Holiday.

Gallinari just got picked up on my WW, so only Parker is left. Should I drop Portis for him or just stay put for a little longer?

Not going to drop Prince. Too much upside

3 hours ago, dboywong said:

I think you hold Portis to see what happens with Miro. I'd drop Aminu and Holiday for Millsap and Jabari. 

Right now or wait a little with Jabari? I would have to drop either Fultz (I just picked him up when I heard him talking about a big surprise in London on Instagram Live) or Bobby Portis instead of him