Sign in to follow this  
Idoolittle

3 Keepers: Kershaw, Turner, Syndergaard, Bogaerts, Ray, etc.

Pick three keepers from the list below. League is H2H, categories are:
Hits, Runs, RBI, HR, AVG, OBP, Steals
W, K, ERA, WHIP, Saves

Xander Bogaerts
Clayton Kershaw
J. D. Martinez
Daniel Murphy
Buster Posey
Robbie Ray
Victor Robles
Jonathan Schoop
Noah Syndergaard
Gleybar Torres
Trea Turner

Turner, Kershaw, and JD Martinez. Only real decision is between JD and Thor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, schulni said:

Turner, Kershaw, and JD Martinez. Only real decision is between JD and Thor.

agree.......lean JD if lands in Boston

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, sspiv said:

agree.......lean JD if lands in Boston

X3

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Pick three keepers from the list below. League is H2H, categories are:
Hits, Runs, RBI, HR, AVG, OBP, Steals
W, K, ERA, WHIP, Saves

Xander Bogaerts
Clayton Kershaw
J. D. Martinez
Daniel Murphy
Buster Posey
Robbie Ray
Victor Robles
Jonathan Schoop
Noah Syndergaard
Gleybar Torres
Trea Turner

Turner and Kershaw for sure, they are first round type picks.  If you just want safe 3rd player, then its JD.  I wouldnt sleep on Schoop, dude is a stud. 

• Thanks 1

Kershaw and Trea are the two I'm 99.99% sure I'm keeping at this point. And as of right now, I'm leaning towards keeping Thor as my third guy. I typically value pitching more, as there usually seems to be more bats that emerge in the FA pool than arms. But Thor's lengthy injury does have me worried about the player he'll be next season.

If I were to avoid Thor, I had Bogaerts in my head as the next guy up. Mainly has to do with the fact he's a SS, which is typically a tough position to fill, he's young, and he should be on a good Red Sox team. Posey was someone else who caught my eye, because after the top 3 or so catchers there's a huge drop off in usage and talent. But he's not as strong of a bat as the other guys and I should be able to draft him if I really want him. I initially had JD further down the line because he's an OF, which is typically an easy position to fill, and he's 30. A drop off in talent and possible move to DH (which is where he'll probably be if he plays for the Red Sox) could happen. But there has been a lot of hype around him, which is why I included him above. And where I'm keeping Turner, having someone that can give me HR and RBI would be nice.

Anyway, the point in me asking was to get a sense of what other people were thinking. I am considering JD now more than I was before. I guess my new question is, why pick JD over Thor and Bogaerts?

Thanks for all the comments so far!!!

The reason to pick JD is that he is significantly more valuable than Bogaerts, and much more reliable than Thor. Don't worry so much about positions in a shallow keeper. Shortstop is not difficult to fill at all. Simmons, Arcia, Anderson, Polanco, Semien, and even Marte are all useful shortstops available fairly late. I think Bogaerts will bounce back a little but won't remotely approach JD's value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1