• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
JeterPimpedUrGF

Daniel Murphy 2018 Outlook

Very well may not know anything until Tuesday since tomorrow is an off day.  

6 minutes ago, Pitches Love Velocity said:

Hopefully, all goes well.  I never want to see Kipnis in my lineup again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, AndRoyals said:

Betts back yesterday, Murphy today, Soroka tomorrow.  Now I just need Pollock to not be glass.

3 out of 4 ain't bad.

Edited by billofwa

I know he’s going to need some time, but man, he did not look like himself up there. His looked like he swinging completely with his arms, not using his body at all. 

Yeah, those were some uncharacteristically non-competitive ABs tonight.  It's natural that he'd be a bit rusty coming off the DL, but he's also in his mid 30s and was a late bloomer to begin with.  If you've got a solid "plan B" at 2B, it might be wise to just let him chill in your DL slot for as long as you can until he starts showing signs of life at the plate.

Does anyone know when Daniel Murphy is going to start playing baseball? Just kidding

He looked awful but he looked awful in Yankee Stadium hitting against another amazing veteran. CC got the best of him but there are plenty of scrubs out there that Murph will feast on.lets just wait!

They might as well tape a glove to a broom stick and put it around 2nd base.  

• Haha 2

It seems he was mashing in rehab so I put him in there right away. Surprised to hear he looked bad, as I thought any concern was meant to be with his movement.

12 hours ago, Redphan said:

Does anyone know when Daniel Murphy is going to start playing baseball? Just kidding

He looked awful but he looked awful in Yankee Stadium hitting against another amazing veteran. CC got the best of him but there are plenty of scrubs out there that Murph will feast on.lets just wait!

What does looking awful in Yankee Stadium have to do with anything?  2 Ks, a soft pop-out, and a ground out will translate to pretty bad regardless of park.  

37 minutes ago, b0nfire said:

So he needs a series-worth of ABs here

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprint_speed_leaderboard

can't wait to see his sprint speed, Murphy's 3 year average was right around 26 ft/sec which was already near the bottom quarter of the league

worst in baseball right now is:

448 Brian McCann with 22.3

Who needs his sprint speed?  I'm not playing Murph for anything other than his power/avg./counting stats combo and would think that's all that most would want too.  This guy has been a really good fantasy 2B/MI and if I can get 70-80% of his past production I will take it over any turd on the WW/FA.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

What does looking awful in Yankee Stadium have to do with anything?  2 Ks, a soft pop-out, and a ground out will translate to pretty bad regardless of park.  

I was just mentioning that it was Yankee Stadium because it was a pretty big stage to make his return..instead of maybe playing a noon game in Miami with 1000 fans in attendance. I am confident he will regain the stroke

Any more reports on how he looked last night?

Thinking about trying to buy low but the posts saying he looks terrible and is swinging with all arms have me scared. 

Someone who's held on to Murphy this long (and I include myself in that group) probably isn't interested in selling him for 50 cents on the dollar after two sub-par games.  He does look bad at the plate, and I really do worry that he's going to get a lot of days off ROS, but I still need to at least see a few weeks of him in case he shakes the rust off and starts raking.  I suspect I'm not alone on that, and that makes me think that buy low opportunities are going to be pretty scarce.

• Like 3

he walked and went to third on a base hit to the wall...then scored. still favoring the knee, but hopefully heading in the right direction. seems to be holding back some on his swings and making weak contact...

49 minutes ago, b0nfire said:
1. Adam Eaton (L) DH
2. Trea Turner (R) SS
3. Bryce Harper (L) RF
4. Anthony Rendon (R) 3B
5. Daniel Murphy (L) 1B
6. Juan Soto (L) LF
7. Michael A. Taylor (R) CF
8. Wilmer Difo (S) 2B
9. Pedro Severino (R) C

Today's lineup

1B eligibility coming soon

If Soto is really as good as he has looked and our man Daniel Murphy gets going, those top 6 has got to be the best top 6 in the league ? 

1 hour ago, b0nfire said:
1. Adam Eaton (L) DH
2. Trea Turner (R) SS
3. Bryce Harper (L) RF
4. Anthony Rendon (R) 3B
5. Daniel Murphy (L) 1B
6. Juan Soto (L) LF
7. Michael A. Taylor (R) CF
8. Wilmer Difo (S) 2B
9. Pedro Severino (R) C

Today's lineup

1B eligibility coming soon

Do you know how many starts he needs to gain it? Maybe on yahoo?

On 6/14/2018 at 10:33 AM, Members_Only_76 said:

he walked and went to third on a base hit to the wall...then scored. still favoring the knee, but hopefully heading in the right direction. seems to be holding back some on his swings and making weak contact...

Wow.  76 mph exit velocity.  

He did have a 100 mph line drive but didn’t travel far.

3 minutes ago, 3Sheets1elbow said:

Wow.  76 mph exit velocity.  

He did have a 100 mph line drive but didn’t travel far.

Couple line outs today. Just glad he’s not striking out a bunch. Whole Nats Team not doing much.