JeterPimpedUrGF

Daniel Murphy 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, b0nfire said:

Daniel Murphy (knee) is in Cincinnati for the Nationals' opener against the Reds and taking batting practice with the team.

Murphy was expected to stay behind in Florida to get ready for games, but it's possible there's been enough improvement for him to travel with the team before going on a rehab assignment when the minor league season opens next week. He can't return until early April because he's on the 10-day disabled list, but he might be back sooner than his original mid-April estimation.

lol glad i got him so late too wow!!!!

LETS GO 

I really would not mind if they just have him come back the first week of May, I want him 100 % and starting every day without an issues.

Murphy was spotted ramping up his physical activities, mall walking with some senior citizens.

• Haha 1

I traded for Murph thinking he would come back sooner than expected..not much news can anyone tell ,e what 'extended Spring Training' really means? How about an eta?

14 minutes ago, Redphan said:

I traded for Murph thinking he would come back sooner than expected..not much news can anyone tell ,e what 'extended Spring Training' really means? How about an eta?

Have to think at least a couple of weeks.  

31 minutes ago, Redphan said:

Probably not going to see him until early May. Seems like he is just gonna do the extended spring training thing and bypass playing in any minor league games. I can't wait to see him back.

I traded Jansen for him which has only cost me a few saves, but are we really looking at early May? Thats a bummer, I've scoured the internet looking for an update but I guess thats accurate, if anyone has info I'm missing please post. Thanks

• Like 1

I saw that they will put him back in the lineup without a rehab stint, but that same report also said he doesn't look like he is ready to field yet. 

On 4/25/2018 at 10:51 AM, JudgeticeLeague said:

Any news on his return? Can’t seem to find anything out there.

Nothing really. Rizzo said recently that Murphy isn't close yet to returning. We might have to wait until mid-May. He's only doing extended spring training and then they want him to do a little rehab assignment in the minors according to Rizzo and he said that Murphy wasn't even close yet.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:51 AM, JudgeticeLeague said:

Any news on his return? Can’t seem to find anything out there.

Daniel Murphy (knee) has rejoined the Nationals after completing his work in extended spring training.

The Nats apparently have yet to decide whether they will send Murphy out on a rehab assignment next or go ahead and add him to the active roster. Activating him now seems like quite a push, but if they were that encouraged by how he looked in extended spring it could happen. The club should have more on Murphy's status later Monday.
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Daniel Murphy (knee) has rejoined the Nationals after completing his work in extended spring training.

The Nats apparently have yet to decide whether they will send Murphy out on a rehab assignment next or go ahead and add him to the active roster. Activating him now seems like quite a push, but if they were that encouraged by how he looked in extended spring it could happen. The club should have more on Murphy's status later Monday.

giphy.gif

Thought we were still multiple weeks away :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd expect him to get 25-35 plate appearances in the minors, with rest days in between, so my best guess is he is back sometime between May 12th to 15th.

They need him back though so that could escalate things. That offense has not been it usually is with the injuries to Murph and Lowrider.

It sounds like he completed his work and returned to the team for follow up examination.  I think expecting him back this week or next week may be premature.  Hope I am wrong.

If that's the plan, I'm not sure how much help he will be to the offence without first getting in some ABs.  May take awhile to shake off the rust.

Murphy still feels pain in his right knee when he runs, Chelsea Janes of The Washington Post reports.

Murphy stated that he "wanted to be playing yesterday," but lingering knee soreness continues to keep him sidelined. The Nationals are understandably taking the cautious route and currently have no timetable for his return. Things should clear up once he's able to run pain-free.

On 3/21/2018 at 9:39 PM, BigPapi44 said:

Your words, "I think the writing is on the wall for this to drag into May, and possibly all the way into June, and it seems like there are starting to be more articles/tweets suggesting the same."

There is absolutely no basis for this. 

As I said in March... the writing was on the wall for this to drag into May, and possibly all the way into June. Some people here didn't want to hear it, but hopefully others of you were able to avoid (or if you did draft him you got him at a significant discount). 

I do think he'll be very good once he's finally back out there though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

As I said in March... the writing was on the wall for this to drag into May, and possibly all the way into June. Some people here didn't want to hear it, but hopefully others of you were able to avoid (or if you did draft him you got him at a significant discount). 

I do think he'll be very good once he's finally back out there though. 

I still do not think there really was any information, from the team or Murphy himself, to base that on back then.  That said, you turned out to be right in your assessment that it would drag on.  Completely give you credit for that. 

8 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

I still do not think there really was any information, from the team or Murphy himself, to base that on back then.  That said, you turned out to be right in your assessment that it would drag on.  Completely give you credit for that. 

Yeah my point was never that the team or Murphy were providing us with the concrete information that he would be out a while. They never gave a definitive timetable and were vague/cautious in their phrasing, which left us to read the tea leaves and use all of the information at our disposal to make an educated guess. 

This is taking a whole lot longer than I anticipated for him to come back. At this rate we won't see him until after June. His absence has shown how valuable he is to the team as their offense has been inconsistent and Harper getting pitched around to. Come back sooooooon please!

• Like 1