JeterPimpedUrGF

Daniel Murphy 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:
5066.jpg

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports that Daniel Murphy (knee) will begin a rehab assignment Saturday.

It qualifies as a nice surprise, as Murphy as of earlier this week hadn't been able to play in extended spring training games because he was sick. How many rehab games Murphy will require before being activated isn't known, but it surely will be a good number of them since he's been out all season following last Daniel Murphy last October's microfracture surgery on his right knee.
May 25 - 4:17 PM

• Like 2

2nd Rehab game underway at AA Harrisburg.  Don't look now, 2-3, 2B, HR and 6 RBI.

Yes, it moved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigPapi44 said:

2nd Rehab game underway at AA Harrisburg.  Don't look now, 2-3, 2B, HR and 6 RBI.

Yes, it moved!

My body is ready.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mhuhn23 said:

Have they said how many games he will need?

They didn't say exactly. This is basically his spring training. In April Murphy said that he would only need a week to get ready. I bet we will have a clearer idea about a return date later this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mhuhn23 said:

Have they said how many games he will need?

No, I think it's up to Murphy.  If he feels he's had enough ABs/looks at the plate and enough game action in the field to where he feels comfortable, both physically and mentally (that the knee is stable), he will be activated.  Previously, he said in the past that he has not needed many ABs to get game ready. That was in the context of whether or not he would be ready for opening day, he said he has gone into the season in past years with very few ABs and been fine with it.

• Thanks 1

Just read that he said his bat is ready and he ran the bases well going from 1st to 3rd on a single.  If everything  holds up physically I bet he is activated next week.

• Thanks 1

Could see him even being activated this upcoming weekend. Looks like the bat is ready, probably just more of an issue with conditioning and fielding right now. 

51 minutes ago, MackAttack007 said:

Could see him even being activated this upcoming weekend. Looks like the bat is ready, probably just more of an issue with conditioning and fielding right now. 

Yup. I think this is right. Could be back by next weekend if his knee holds up running and in the field after multiple 9 inning games this week.

If only he was ready a few days sooner - would have been nice transition for him to DH while in Baltimore.

Also not sure I saw it in here, but Saturday and Sunday he played 7 innings at 2B before being taken out and had the day off yesterday. 

Next step maybe back to back 9 inning games defensively then back to the Nats over the weekend in Atlanta? 

CBS has a story and quotes Dave Martinez as saying when Murphy goes from feeling 'pretty good' to 'really good' he will be back up. For whatever that is worth.

37 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Had the day off today.

So much for the back to back games goal.