JeterPimpedUrGF

Daniel Murphy 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

It's too early to declare him finished obviously. 

But he sure looks it. 

Have you watched the games? What does he look like?

13 hours ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Have you watched the games? What does he look like?

As I mentioned previously, it looks like he's swinging with his arms, afraid to get his lower body involved.

13 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

It's too early to declare him finished obviously. 

But he sure looks it. 

Writing someone's career off based on 4 games into his season seems like a really really bad take

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Writing someone's career off based on 4 games into his season seems like a really really bad take

I'm definitely not writing him off and I think Murphy owners are in it for the long play. I'm just saying he looks rough starting out - in ways we haven't seen before.

7 minutes ago, billofwa said:

Anyone know why he got PH for?

Yeah according to Twitter he was "hobbling" down to first and was taken out of game afterwards. 

Not good. Oh well. 

• Thanks 1

I kept him but he has looked so hurt and hobbled, all-arm swings and chasing all kinds of crap out of the zone, that I had to drop.  I don’t see this ending well.  He might be joining Zimmerman’s unending canasta game at any moment

Nothing after the game to suggest he re-injured himself tonight.  Might get an off day tomorrow.

Really dismal results right now.  Didn't see any of his ABs tonight, but noticed he was double-switched for.  If the injury is still bothering him, they should really just get him off the field and DL him so they can hopefully get something out of him in the playoffs.

The announcers were still saying things like "this is his spring training...he'll need 70 ABs or so".

I still think if you've held this long, you might as well keep holding.

I read an article by a nats writer saying difos time has come to take the reigns. I mean the kid has been OK this year and plays defense and has a 10-10 type skill set but is that really where we are at with Murphy? I just can’t wrap my head around why he took so long to come back, his rehab shutting down a few times, etc. so in my mind this isn’t spring training for him, he was rehabbing for like a month...

If he was at risk of reinjury I would think they wouldn’t keep rolling him out there. You have to just let him sit on your bench for a week to get back into rhythm. I’m confident Murphy will be fine. 

[ Sorry, but trade values are extremely league format specific, so if you have a question about Murph's trade value, you're going to have to ask it over in the Bench Coach forum. ]

2 minutes ago, Reggie Bar said:

they have him in the lineup, but he is reported being off tonight, not sure if he was scratched..

5b2d56be436dd_Screenshot2018-06-22at4_02_48PM.png.95eb9e1777ffdd5f717d00ada6b5b12d.png

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

and

http://mlbstartingnine.com/

both have him in. When in doubt:

NEVER TRUST THE FACTUAL ACCURACY OF ROTOWORLD BLURBS

(I still love the site tho lol)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

Seems like RW noticed Difo at 2b and didn't bother to see Murphy playing elsewhere.

Which is sort of insane, right? Like that's legitimately wrong information that would cause someone to bench a guy. Brutal.

8 minutes ago, The Legend said:

Which is sort of insane, right? Like that's legitimately wrong information that would cause someone to bench a guy. Brutal.

I suppose that's true. I feel like by the time rotoworld has a blurb on a guy though, ESPN/yahoo/fantrax all have an indication whether they are in or not though. 

On 6/22/2018 at 12:52 PM, screaming_vultures said:

For those of you keeping track, he is making his 5th start at 1B i believe, should be 1B eligible in Yahoo tomorrow. 

Can confirm this

Too bad he's eligible for benches only right now

• Haha 1