Sign in to follow this  
DerrickHenrysCleats

2018 Titans vs Patriots Playoff Pre-Game Thread

For the Titans, with ALL the defensive attention being paid to Derrick Henry, and rightfully so, Mariota should be able to use the read optiin and keep the ball for big chunk gains to move the chains.

TOP will be critical to keep Brady off the field. Let Derrick Henry do the dirty work and then let Mr. 4th Quarter seal the deal.

Pats by 100.

Jags would have had a shot. Titans have none.

The Titans are going to be 3-1 when Henry gets >11 carries after this game.

Edited by FlashGordon401
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

The Titans are going to be 3-1 when Henry gets >11 carries after this game.

Currently 12-0 in DH career with 11+

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

Currently 12-0 in DH career with 11+

Oh, ok. 12-1 then, my bad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

For the Titans, with ALL the defensive attention being paid to Derrick Henry, and rightfully so, Mariota should be able to use the read optiin and keep the ball for big chunk gains to move the chains.

TOP will be critical to keep Brady off the field. Let Derrick Henry do the dirty work and then let Mr. 4th Quarter seal the deal.

You get the Bill Belichick face with that analysis.

usp-nfl_-new-england-patriots-rookie-min

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

How about you keep your Henry related autism confined to his own thread

What is it about Henry that makes you so insecure?

He will be the single biggest factor in this game no matter how it plays out.

🤗

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Pats by 100.

Jags would have had a shot. Titans have none.

The titans have never lost a game that Henry gets over 11 touches in.

I think the Patriots are vulnerable. Internal strife between Brady and Belichick and both coordinators interviewing for jobs. This team is about to blow up and it wouldn't surprise me if they've lost some focus and might be ripe for a huge upset.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vinnyw28 said:

I think the Patriots are vulnerable. Internal strife between Brady and Belichick and both coordinators interviewing for jobs. This team is about to blow up and it wouldn't surprise me if they've lost some focus and might be ripe for a huge upset.

Combine that with facing the best RB im the playoffs so far and you could be right!

The game could definitely go the same way as the Chiefs if the Titans defense can keep the Patriots offense off the field. But I don't see that happening with a healthy Gronk and array of weapons and Brady at QB. Titans won't be able to keep up. I do think they cover the spread though.

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What is it about Henry that makes you so insecure?

He will be the single biggest factor in this game no matter how it plays out.

🤗

Bet you an internet dollar he won't even be the biggest factor at RB in the game, let alone biggest factor period.

We should be talking about factors critical to this game.  What's the weather like in New England today?  Are the Pats able to do their normal preventive maintenance on all of their spying equipment, radio jammers, etc?  Have the ball boys been properly bribed?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET on CBS

TITANS AT A GLANCE

Key player: As well as quarterback Marcus Mariota has to play, the impetus to a Tennessee upset is actually running back Derrick Henry. The former Heisman winner and second-year man has been marvelous filling in for DeMarco Murray. In two games as a starter, Henry has amassed 308 total yards and two scores, including two back-breaking plays versus Jacksonville, to seal a playoff bid, and again last week versus Kansas City, to seal a playoff win.

Why they’ll win: Mariota plays like he did during the Titans’ 18-point wild-card weekend comeback. The third-year quarterback displayed toughness, accuracy and composure, all amidst the sixth-largest postseason collapse ever. In reality, this has been a very disappointing campaign for Mariota. His 15 interceptions during the regular season were easily a career-high and his 13 touchdown passes easily a career-low. Even worse was the fact that he ranked 27th in passer rating. The good news for him is that New England ranked 30th in the league in total passing defense.

Why they’ll lose: Tom Brady is an ageless wonder who led the NFL in passing yardage, and ranked both third in touchdowns and passer rating. On the flip side, Tennessee will rely heavily on Mariota, whose inconsistency this season has plagued the offense from Week 1. It is about as unfair a matchup as it gets. Giving Bill Belichick and ace defensive coordinator Matt Patricia two weeks to prepare doesn’t help either.

Keep in mind: The Titans’ last win in Foxborough was 1993, back when they were still the Houston Oilers. Hardly anybody wins in Foxborough, not during the postseason at least. Not only will Mariota have to be flawless in this divisional round tilt, but so too will a defense that ranked in the middle of the NFL with 21 takeaways.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

TITANS AT A GLANCE

Key player: As well as quarterback Marcus Mariota has to play, the impetus to a Tennessee upset is actually running back Derrick Henry. The former Heisman winner and second-year man has been marvelous filling in for DeMarco Murray. In two games as a starter, Henry has amassed 308 total yards and two scores, including two back-breaking plays versus Jacksonville, to seal a playoff bid, and again last week versus Kansas City, to seal a playoff win.

Why they’ll win: They won't

Why they’ll lose: Tom Brady is an ageless wonder who led the NFL in passing yardage, and ranked both third in touchdowns and passer rating. On the flip side, Tennessee will rely heavily on Mariota, whose inconsistency this season has plagued the offense from Week 1. It is about as unfair a matchup as it gets. Giving Bill Belichick and ace defensive coordinator Matt Patricia two weeks to prepare doesn’t help either.

Keep in mind: The Titans’ last win in Foxborough was 1993, back when they were still the Houston Oilers. Hardly anybody wins in Foxborough, not during the postseason at least. Not only will Mariota have to be flawless in this divisional round tilt, but so too will a defense that ranked in the middle of the NFL with 21 takeaways.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

TITANS AT A GLANCE

Key player: With Demarco Murray out, the Titans have no real key players on an offense made up of has beens and never will be's. The impetus to a Tennessee upset would be Andy Reid.  If Robert Kraft somehow fires Bill Belichick an hires Andy Reid before the game, the Titans will have a chance.  Rumor has it the Titans PR staff are busy floating stories about Robert Kraft hating Belichick to ESPN as this is being written.

Why they’ll win:  They won't.

Why they’ll lose: Tom Brady has one of the best TD to INT ratios in the league.  In the three wins the Titans have against teams with an actual winning record, the opposing teams QBs (Flacco and Bortals) threw 6 INTs.   Tom Brady is better than Flacco and Bortles. 

Keep in mind: The Titans’ are coming out of the AFC-CFL division, where their lack of talent has been masked by a weak schedule and a few lucky breaks.  

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brady is going to carve this week secondary up. There will be no stopping them. 

But the Titans offense matches up well against the Patriots defense too, I think. A turnover or an off day from Brady and the Titans could keep it close.  They struggled to put away a bad Texans team last year. 

• Like 1

I dont even know who starts at LB for NE now, or the DL other than Trey Flowers.

Matt Patricia seems like a defensive wizard.

I wonder how bad the Titans oline wants it cause they could be the difference. Nice holes for Henry can result in huge chunk plays on the ground and through the air.

36 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Brady is going to carve this week secondary up. There will be no stopping them. 

But the Titans offense matches up well against the Patriots defense too, I think. A turnover or an off day from Brady and the Titans could keep it close.  They struggled to put away a bad Texans team last year. 

Where do you get that the Titans secondary is weak? I thought Byard was an all pro and they got Logan Ryan

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I dont even know who starts at LB for NE now, or the DL other than Trey Flowers.

So why are you pretending you know anything about the game?

• Thanks 1