• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, hoops886 said:

2 sbs tonight. I think he’s gonna turn it on for us down the stretch. He’s coming for that 40/40 season.

Like I just posted in the Game Day thread, this is why he's still a very valuable player even during this whole admittingly frustrating stretch.

Top 5 player? 115/40/115/40/300/400

Are you really gonna scoff at some taking a 27 yr old... with those numbers... On the Indians... In the weakest division in baseball... #1 overall. Bare minimum a top 3 pick.

Edited by dkrocka

Good news hearing that Donaldson is ready for some 3B starts and JoRam will be shifting to 2B starting today. 

It's gonna be super tight for those of us who need 20 appearances at 2B for him to retain eligibility into 2019 w/ 18 reg season games left.    Gotta hope JoRam picks up at least 15 of 18 appearances in reg season and 5 more in the post season.  :unsure:

26 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Good news hearing that Donaldson is ready for some 3B starts and JoRam will be shifting to 2B starting today. 

It's gonna be super tight for those of us who need 20 appearances at 2B for him to retain eligibility into 2019 w/ 18 reg season games left.    Gotta hope JoRam picks up at least 15 of 18 appearances in reg season and 5 more in the post season.  :unsure:

Post season appearances do not count. He's not going to retain 2B in ESPN at this point. Best hope is they sign a 3B in the offseason and move JoRam back to 2B and get it during the 2nd week of next season. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

Post season appearances do not count. He's not going to retain 2B in ESPN at this point. Best hope is they sign a 3B in the offseason and move JoRam back to 2B and get it during the 2nd week of next season. 

As I recall post season appearances count in CBS and it takes only 5 appearances in Yahoo so he'll have a shot in at least 2 formats.

Agree w/ your point... I've read a few Cleveland fan blogs and some think Yandy should get starts at 3B next season b/c Kip needs to go and JoRam is an easy 2B with Kip out of the way.  So either way, he prob ends up w/ 2B soonish.  That is unless they go out and get Dozier or another FA to plug in at 2B

1 hour ago, ragrag said:

As I recall post season appearances count in CBS and it takes only 5 appearances in Yahoo so he'll have a shot in at least 2 formats.

Agree w/ your point... I've read a few Cleveland fan blogs and some think Yandy should get starts at 3B next season b/c Kip needs to go and JoRam is an easy 2B with Kip out of the way.  So either way, he prob ends up w/ 2B soonish.  That is unless they go out and get Dozier or another FA to plug in at 2B

You said 20, so I assumed ESPN and ran with it :) agreed though. 

5 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Are you really gonna scoff at some taking a 27 yr old... with those numbers... On the Indians... In the weakest division in baseball... #1 overall. Bare minimum a top 3 pick.

hes 25

and no i would no longer laugh at taking him first although im still probably going trout first

5 hours ago, dkrocka said:

1. Trout

2. Betts

3. Ramirez

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

1. Trout

2. Betts

3. Ramirez

depending on the league i my take joram before betts

When do we start getting worried?  I guess most of us are in fantasy playoffs anyway, so we don't have much time to worry..just sucks watching him struggle so bad.  I watch most of his at bats and it seems he has not been hitting the ball hard at all for a month now..just lazy fly outs or pop ups..frustrating.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Should’ve benched this guy until he heats back up. Killing me. 

I understand the urge, but then you miss out on the occasional SB.  That and the fact that he could bust out of it in a big way at any moment are the reasons why I keep using him right now.

8 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I understand the urge, but then you miss out on the occasional SB.  That and the fact that he could bust out of it in a big way at any moment are the reasons why I keep using him right now.

Min with you but it could cost me winnings at this point. Chapman wasting on my bench. 

Today's game must be fixed.  Jose Ramirez with his 3rd multi-hit game... in a month. :)

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 8:42 PM, benturn22 said:

When do we start getting worried?  I guess most of us are in fantasy playoffs anyway, so we don't have much time to worry..just sucks watching him struggle so bad.  I watch most of his at bats and it seems he has not been hitting the ball hard at all for a month now..just lazy fly outs or pop ups..frustrating.

never

this guys babip suggests his BA is too low this year.  

0-for-6 vs the mighty White Sox pitching staff. Now batting under .200 this month. Just brutal.

And now he gets to face Sale. Shocking that he has a ~.400 career average against him.

19 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I knew this would happen, he was just at an insanely unsustainable pace and he’s coming crashing down to earth at the worst time.

The thing is, he's come crashing way farther down than he should be.  He's a .300+ hitter, not a .277 and possibly still dropping hitter.  The HR's dropping off was more or less expected, but not this where he can't even get hits most nights.  I can't really explain how it's still going, nor would I cut him any slack if it wasn't for the fact that he helped carry all of our teams for months.

He's even a tempting bench right now, but given how he could go off at any moment, it's hard to.  That and the fact that he can still chip in the occasional SB through all of this.

• Like 1

While the HR's were nice, it would be great if there was a happy medium next season and he went back to being a .300+ hitter with a ton of doubles.  He doesn't need to hit 40 HR's.  He could hit 30-35 and that would still put him amongst the top players in all of baseball, especially since he'd be a threat to go 30/30 every season.

He's never been immune to long slumps.  He had at least one or two last season where he would do basically nothing and then go completely nuts where it was a ton of fun to own him.  Still, I don't recall them being this long before.  Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

While the HR's were nice, it would be great if there was a happy medium next season and he went back to being a .300+ hitter with a ton of doubles.  He doesn't need to hit 40 HR's.  He could hit 30-35 and that would still put him amongst the top players in all of baseball, especially since he'd be a threat to go 30/30 every season.

He's never been immune to long slumps.  He had at least one or two last season where he would do basically nothing and then go completely nuts where it was a ton of fun to own him.  Still, I don't recall them being this long before.  Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

I've owned him the past 2 years and its never been this bad. He''ll slump for about 2-3 weeks then go on a ridiculous tear for almost a month.

Is there a possibility of some injury hes trying to play through? I havent found anything...

1 HR in his last 117 AB.

1 hit in his last 21 AB.

Getting cold at the worst possible time for both Fantasy owners and the Indians.