• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

Will Franconia rest him or does he keep playing? He needs to work his way out of this and I don’t see that happening by not playing.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:10 PM, KilloWertz said:

While the HR's were nice, it would be great if there was a happy medium next season and he went back to being a .300+ hitter with a ton of doubles.  He doesn't need to hit 40 HR's.  He could hit 30-35 and that would still put him amongst the top players in all of baseball, especially since he'd be a threat to go 30/30 every season.

He's never been immune to long slumps.  He had at least one or two last season where he would do basically nothing and then go completely nuts where it was a ton of fun to own him.  Still, I don't recall them being this long before.  Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

Well his BABIP is .256.  The 2 years before it was .319 and .333.  That explains his mediocre average.

Before the ASB: 22.6 LD%, 40.8 Hard%

Since the ASB: 16.2 LD%, 29.5 Hard%

Last 30 Days: 13.0 LD%, 28.6 Hard%

This explains the horrible AVG and BABIP since the ASB...

He's also pulling the ball less often than before the ASB. His Pull% is down more than 10% compared to before the ASB.

Edited by Sine_cera

what a joke this guy has been lately (2 months)..i almost don't want to draft him next year cuz he did us dirty second half!  Shoulda benched him during my run for the championship this week..who woulda thought we'd say that..crazy.

I've seen him ranked as high as 3rd for next season but I don't think I'm going to touch him at that price 

The Indians scored 11 Runs!

*Checks boxscore and sees 0-for-3, 0 RBI, 1 Run...*

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Having Lindor and Ramirez go a combined 0-8 with 2 runs scored is one "better".  What a crock of s---...

Anyways, the thought never even crossed my mind a couple of months ago that he would have any shot at all of finishing the season under .270.  Now it would be a borderline shock if he didn't since he continues to go out there and fail.  I know he's not going to finish anywhere near there next season, but wow, this is quite possibly the worst finish for a Top 10 player (or Top 3 projected player next season) in the history of fantasy baseball.

Edited by KilloWertz

Jose Ramirez did have a disappointing last quarter of the fantasy season,

no way he could keep up the pace of the first half. He will still finish the season

as the #1 hitter in my CBS league, better than Betts,Trout,J.D., Bregman, Lindor,

and Yelich. I'm not complaining, I won my league, he helped me get to the play-offs,

others stepped up to lead me to the title, In the Year in review on CBS about my league,

CBS said, about my team, "Old School owes part of their success to Jose Ramirez, who scored

255 more points than the average starting hitter totaled this season (that was best in the league)."

I refuse to pile on, 

In roto leagues he absolutely murdered my batting average down the stretch .. lost a ton of points in that category during the final 2 months of the season ..

i normally don't keep a player who is hitting .150 in my active roster but it's JoRam so you can't take him out .. "this next game is going to be the breakout" .. and that NEVER came .. the only thing he broke was my batting average category after another 0-3/0-4/0-5 night. His last 200+ plate appearances he has to be hitting like .150-.175 ... disastrous.

Edited by EmbargoLifted

In the second half (60 games), he's hitting .221/.372/.428. Despite that troubling line, he's still making tons of contact and walking at an elite rate. Based on his ISO, wRC+, and wOBA, he's still been an above-average player over those 60 games. It's still disheartening to see him fade down the stretch, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

In roto leagues he absolutely murdered my batting average down the stretch .. lost a ton of points in that category during the final 2 months of the season ..

i normally don't keep a player who is hitting .150 in my active roster but it's JoRam so you can't take him out .. "this next game is going to be the breakout" .. and that NEVER came .. the only thing he broke was my batting average category after another 0-3/0-4/0-5 night. His last 200+ plate appearances he has to be hitting like .150-.175 ... disastrous.

His last 35 games:

.164 AVG

1 HR

14 RBI

23 Runs

7 SB

.094 ISO

.566 OPS

.261 wOBA

57 wRC+

25.7 Hard%

The Indians have to be very concerned about how he has been fading down the stretch. I guess all they can do is hope he breaks out of it once the playoffs begin. It's what Fantasy owners have been doing for the past 2/3 weeks....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

His last 35 games:

.164 AVG

1 HR

14 RBI

23 Runs

7 SB

.094 ISO

.566 OPS

.261 wOBA

57 wRC+

25.7 Hard%

The Indians have to be very concerned about how he has been fading down the stretch. I guess all they can do is hope he breaks out of it once the playoffs begin. It's what Fantasy owners have been doing for the past 2/3 weeks....

There really isn't any reason he has been in this prolong slump, that I can think of, I wonder if he is playing with a injury ?

Even his defense is not up to par.

I remember about a month ago reading about the Twins going 4 OF on him. His spray chart is heavy flyball, heavy RF (pulls ball over 50% of the time). I’m wondering if there’s been a major shift being used against him that he hasn’t adjusted to. It would explain the low BABIP, despite hard contact being up.

The frustrating thing is that often this type of shift works against big power hitters because they can’t bunt and if they do, they’re just left standing on 1B. Considering JRam could easily lay a bunt down the line and then steal 2B, it seems he could punish teams who try this and get them out of the shift. He has yet to do it. 

Hopefully this is discussed in the offseason and he has a better approach heading into next season.

26 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I remember about a month ago reading about the Twins going 4 OF on him. His spray chart is heavy flyball, heavy RF (pulls ball over 50% of the time). I’m wondering if there’s been a major shift being used against him that he hasn’t adjusted to. It would explain the low BABIP, despite hard contact being up.

The frustrating thing is that often this type of shift works against big power hitters because they can’t bunt and if they do, they’re just left standing on 1B. Considering JRam could easily lay a bunt down the line and then steal 2B, it seems he could punish teams who try this and get them out of the shift. He has yet to do it. 

Hopefully this is discussed in the offseason and he has a better approach heading into next season.

He's an extremely hard worker, which makes this slump lasting for about 2 months even more puzzling.  There is no explanation for it other than he's not trying as hard since they've had nothing to play for.  That or an injury because this isn't Jose Ramirez.  I could buy a bad month, but not this long.  If he wasn't Jose Ramirez or somebody of that caliber and I wasn't able to hold onto my lead in my league, then I would probably be trading him in my keeper league.  As much as I like him as a player, this has been a pretty disgraceful finish, especially for an elite hitter.  I'll happily pile on for anyone who doesn't want to.

Probably not as low as it is now, but Ramirez has had a low BABIP all season long, so it's not like it's bad for him just because teams have suddenly changed how they play against him.  If that's even the case.  Since he's such a hard worker, I'd have a hard time believing he doesn't come out next year and gets back on track as one of the best players in all of MLB.  Granted I've thought this several times during this disgraceful stretch, but it is true that he's too good of a hitter for this to be a concern after Sunday (for when it matters for us).

Edited by KilloWertz

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

In the second half (60 games), he's hitting .221/.372/.428. Despite that troubling line, he's still making tons of contact and walking at an elite rate. Based on his ISO, wRC+, and wOBA, he's still been an above-average player over those 60 games. It's still disheartening to see him fade down the stretch, though.

i don't think anybody was expecting him to continue to produce at the rate he was the first 3-4 months ... so normal expected regression came and then it was exacerbated by really bad luck as well .. :(

I haven't looked into the peripherals too closely yet ... but i would have no problem taking JoRam as high as top 5 overall if that's where the projections have him next season ... these last 2 months will be a blip on the radar in an otherwise great career going forward

Edited by EmbargoLifted
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

A 3-hit game with a HR for Jose!?

th-5.jpeg

There is a fantasy god.