Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

I made the mistake of trading him away last year, then trading to him back during peak hot streak. Then he went cold for a while on my team before finally paying off 100%. Jose Ramirez can be streaky, but unless you're getting value and its a trade that makes sense for your team, this isn't someone to consider trading. Bonafide stud. 

Home Run to Strikeout ratio for 2018 update:

7 HR

6 ks 

• Like 1

What's really got my excited is that he is walking more than he ever has in his career. It was he only aspect of his game he was missing prior - and he was about league average still.

Posted (edited)

@EmbargoLifted

OK, I remember the discussions from last season. If he keeps this up, case can be made he'll be a 1st rounder next season. :P

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 1

I'm not him, but I'll say yes anyways. :)

I'm actually surprised more people aren't talking about him now.  Sure, his start of the season was dreadful, but he's been one of the hottest hitters in baseball for a while now.  He wasn't hitting really any XBH early, but now the doubles (and obviously the HR's) are coming at a rapid pace now as expected.  Right now, some of his numbers look better than last season.

Owned him the latter half of 2016, which led me to draft him last year.  I believe he started out slow, so I think I either flat out dropped him or traded him for pennies on the dollar.  Regretted it the entire season after he heated up.  Made it a point to get him on both my teams this year, and love the decision more and more each day.  Guy is just a great fantasy asset.

He's got two bags already today.  What an absolute pleasure to own this guy.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, svtballa said:

Fortune favors the bold.  He's my #1  2b ROS..   Yes I said it

Wow. Bold. The first 2B drafted will be the #1 2B ROS. This belongs in the Bold Predictions Thread me thinks.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Wow. Bold. The first 2B drafted will be the #1 2B ROS. This belongs in the Bold Predictions Thread me thinks.

wasn't altuve the first 2b drafted?

9 minutes ago, benturn22 said:

wasn't altuve the first 2b drafted?

Ahhh yes. My bad. Still not very bold, considering what he’s doing right now. Carry on...

2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Ahhh yes. My bad. Still not very bold, considering what he’s doing right now. Carry on...

It would be more bold to predict him being the #1 3B ROS.  That may be difficult, but Ramirez seems to be potentially taking his game to a whole new level this season.  Obviously he will slump at some point like he does, but then he'll go nuts again.

This dude is fantastic.

BB% - 12.4%

K% - 8.6%

wRC+ - 167

wOBA - .422

On pace for:

51 homers

189 hits

110 runs

118 RBI

23 steals

If you play in a points league, he is easily a top 10 pick. The dude just doesn't strike out. His BB% is up by more than 4% from last season and his K% is down by 2%. His BABIP is currently sitting at .263, so he's been a bit unlucky. 

• Like 2

He's like kind of good I think... :D

I have no data to back it up, but I'm assuming that BABIP is low partially because of his horrible start.  The batting average now, even at almost .300, is still slightly below what would he's done the last two years, so the BABIP should rise a bit with the batting average continuing to creep up.

Given his approach at the plate, which is obviously backed up by his great rates that were just posted, I don't think it's unreasonable to predict at least one batting title and MVP award in his future before all is said and done.  The scary thing is he's only 25, which I didn't realize until I traded for him earlier in the season.

seems he's pretty much been at 3b exclusively this year. any reason to think he might get himself some 2B/OF starts for OF this year and both 2B/OF next year? 

2 minutes ago, sharpee said:

seems he's pretty much been at 3b exclusively this year. any reason to think he might get himself some 2B/OF starts for OF this year and both 2B/OF next year? 

I don't see him getting starts/games at OF this year, when or if Kipnis gets traded, or makes his normal visit to the DL, , might not get to many starts at 2B, he has zero starts so far.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Topgun said:

I don't see him getting starts/games at OF this year, when or if Kipnis gets traded, or makes his normal visit to the DL, , might not get to many starts at 2B, he has zero starts so far.

He'll move to 2B if the Indians trade for Machado. Keep in mind Machado's brother in law plays for the Indians in Alonso. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

He'll move to 2B if the Indians trade for Machado. Keep in mind Machado's brother in law plays for the Indians in Alonso. 

His close friend plays for the Cubs. Called him a brother. Apparently him and Almora are pretty close. 

i just got a notification that "the indians shoot down report of jose ramirez ped use". wtf is that all about? if he gets suspended i might cry