• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, RotoGenius said:

Meh. Most agree that offensive WAR is much more reliable. Ramirez on pace for 8.0 oWAR. Williams = 10.9.

Which is still arguing now that it is a debatable point instead of "you wanna rethink that?" and treating what I said like it was ridiculousness. 

Just now, taobball said:

Which is still arguing now that it is a debatable point instead of "you wanna rethink that?" and treating what I said like it was ridiculousness. 

Yeah, that's fair. I still think a .550 OBP is a .550 OBP and WAR may be missing something.

I think we can at least agree that Williams had an amazing season and Jose Ramirez is in the middle of one too.  If all things continue the way they are going, neither will have won the MVP award for their amazing seasons.  That pretty much sums it up...

Posted (edited)

This is your daily Jose Ramirez is good at baseball reminder...

3-4, 2 Runs, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 SB

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

latest?cb=20130224165024

He still doesn't have the "cool" name power that a Machado or Arenado or even a Trea Turner or Carlos Correa have.  I think he's an obvious top 4 pick but I'm skeptical his ADP will be that high. Almost assuredly will be top 10 though 

Edited by The Waker

As of right now for categories...I’d say it’s 

Trout

Betts

Arenado

Altuve

Freddie Freeman/Jose.

I do hope his name value doesn’t excite people and maybe I can snatch him with a late pick(8-10). There is nothing not to like.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Love JoRam at any position, obv, but if I could have one fantasy baseball wish come true this season it is that the Indians acquire Machado (or deal away Kipnis and let Erik Gonzalez play some 3B) and let JoRam rack up 20+ appearances at 2B.

Edited by ragrag
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, svtballa said:

Top 3 pick next year.  Not even close to be honest

Should be.  But the usual big showy names like Machado, Harper, Arenado, and Altuve will probably go first.  Plus Mookie and Trout obviously.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Waker said:

Should be.  But the usual big showy names like Machado, Harper, Arenado, and Altuve will probably go first.  Plus Mookie and Trout obviously.  

Hi. My name is rumplestiltskin and I just wanted to clarify that joram is on pace for a 110-40-110-30-300 season. But yeah, he's gonna go outside of the top 3.

• Like 1

FantasyPros projected him for 21 homers and  ESPN projected him for 22 homers. 

Lol, fail.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2018 at 6:18 PM, Eric4280 said:

Has to be a first rounder next season.

3rd overall at this point

Edited by jfazz23

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Hi. My name is rumplestiltskin and I just wanted to clarify that joram is on pace for a 110-40-110-30-300 season. But yeah, he's gonna go outside of the top 3.

I agree it’s dumb.  But he just doesn’t have the name brand.  It’s why Kris Bryant is continually overrated for example.

Edited by The Waker

1 hour ago, JDL88 said:

Lol, fail.

True, but in all fairness, I don't think anyone saw him possibly hitting 40 HR's this season.  I doubt even Ramirez himself did, even though he works his a** off.

By his standards this season, he had been "slumping" of late.  Even their announcers thought he looked tired last night.  Guess he's still got something left in that tank before the All-Star break... :)

Declined an invitation to the HR derby. Smart move in my opinion.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, The Waker said:

At this point I think I'd take JoRam #2 only to Trout.  Mookie is a bonafide stud and I'd be delighted w/ him at 2 as well but it does seem like he gets dinged up a lot.  JoRam has that easy power and just seems to be more durably built.  Hope he keeps it up on the base paths.  

PS: if Cleveland gets Machado... Not only will  JoRam end up w/ 2B (and/or OF) eligibility, but his #'s are gonna get a real nice bump maybe +~10 R/RBI depending where they bat Manny.  Lindor/Brantley/JoRam/Machado/Edwin in any order is just brutal.

Edited by ragrag

Posted (edited)

No one thought he'd hit 40. In last year's draft he was o-ranked at about 140. I wanted to take him with my first overall pick at like 110 or something. I risked it, waited, and still got him. What I saw was a kid who was pretty good at everything and was improving at every level. But hey, I think he's 26 in a fly ball era. Going from 29/19 to 35/20 hr/sb wasn't a horrible hope. This guy is that rare guy who has shown linear growth. I was saying at the beginning of the year that you could take him end of the first round because 30/20 300, at 26 yrs old, in a loaded lineup is worth even more that. But hey he's at 27/19 now before the all star break and you're telling me you'd wanna draft arena do before him because of name recognition. That's just the silliest thing ever. That's like saying I'm not gonna draft trout cause bass tastes better. As in basement of the standings. Wake up and actually open up his player page. Check his career progression, and erase any doubts you have about a "Ramirez" being able to ball. He proved you wrong last year and you didn't select his numbers at face value in the 2nd round. That's on you, but don't make the same mistake twice.

Edited by dkrocka
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

But hey he's at 27/19 now before the all star break and you're telling me you'd wanna draft arena do before him because of name recognition. That's just the silliest thing ever. That's like saying I'm not gonna draft trout cause bass tastes better. As in basement of the standings. Wake up and actually open up his player page. Check his career progression, and erase any doubts you have about a "Ramirez" being able to ball. He proved you wrong last year and you didn't select his numbers at face value in the 2nd round. That's on you, but don't make the same mistake twice.

Dude reread what I said.  

Edited by The Waker

Not really sure what's confusing about my post about moving from o-ranked 140 to 20 to 3

14 hours ago, JDL88 said:

Lol, fail.

So you projected Jose to hit 48 HR this year? It's easy to laugh at others in hindsight, but what was your season projection for him? Most expected a regression in HR, which was a reasonable line of thinking since he went from 11 in 2016 to 29 in 2017. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moeron22 said:

MVP

Slow your roll there. As fantastic of a year that Ramirez is having, Trout is on pace to have the best season since 1967.