Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

9 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

belleflex2.jpg

1 hour ago, hoops886 said:

This is silly now. 

Silly, but a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

8 hours ago, Dislimb said:

Slow your roll there. As fantastic of a year that Ramirez is having, Trout is on pace to have the best season since 1967.

It's neck and neck, with JD a close 3rd. JoRam has the edge right now for me though. CLE is making the playoffs, LAA is not. Their stats are very close in every category. 

1 hour ago, 33legend said:

No stolen bases since Saturday. Who's worried?

Nobody.

• Like 1

Well, it’s official. 20/20 (technically 29 HR/20 SB) at the AS break. Simply unbelievable. I think we all would’ve signed up for that as his final season numbers. 

5 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Well, it’s official. 20/20 (technically 29 HR/20 SB) at the AS break. Simply unbelievable. I think we all would’ve signed up for that as his final season numbers. 

Nope.  Would have considered it a massive disappointment if he got anything under 25 SBs... ;)

In all seriousness, it is a pretty incredible season for him so far.  Obviously they've played more games before the break than probably ever before, it's still incredible.

Only four players have ever gone 40/40 and three of the four have been busted or suspected of PED’s (obviously a very different era) not for a second implying that about Ramirez. 

He he is off of the SB pace, would need 20 in the Indians last 67 games vs. the 20 he has stolen in their first 95 but he absolutely has a chance. I have to think we see him running a bit more frequently post ASB especially if he pushes the HR total into the mid 30’s early into August. Francona is a student of the game and Ramírez seems driven to make a name for himself. It could be fun to watch him challenge the exclusive 40/40 club down the stretch. 

36 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

Only four players have ever gone 40/40 and three of the four have been busted or suspected of PED’s (obviously a very different era) not for a second implying that about Ramirez. 

He he is off of the SB pace, would need 20 in the Indians last 67 games vs. the 20 he has stolen in their first 95 but he absolutely has a chance. I have to think we see him running a bit more frequently post ASB especially if he pushes the HR total into the mid 30’s early into August. Francona is a student of the game and Ramírez seems driven to make a name for himself. It could be fun to watch him challenge the exclusive 40/40 club down the stretch. 

giphy.webp

Edited by sharpee

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

40/30 sounds pretty good to me.

40/30 and a top 3 batter from a guy we expected 2nd-3rd value? Sign me the hell up lol