Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

This dude is simply phenomenal. Here's some info on him:

1. He finished in the top 15 in batting average. Of those 15 players, he had the lowest BABIP. Due to his GB/FB ratio being almost even, he could easily challenging for a batting title. His hard% jumped more than 7%.

2. He was one of 10 players that struck out less than 12% of the time in 2017. Of those players, he was the leader in ISO at .265. Who was the closest to him? Votto at .258. 

3. Lead the majors in doubles with 56.

He doesn't need to hit 30 homers to be an elite player. Even if he hits 20 - 25, he is a top 15 - 20 overall player in 2018. Do yourself a favor and draft this dude.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

50 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

1. He finished in the top 15 in batting average. Of those 15 players, he had the lowest BABIP. Due to his GB/FB ratio being almost even, he could easily challenging for a batting title. His hard% jumped more than 7%.

2. He was one of 10 players that struck out less than 12% of the time in 2017. Of those players, he was the leader in ISO at .265. Who was the closest to him? Votto at .258. 

He doesn't need to hit 30 homers to be an elite player. Even if he hits 20 - 25, he is a top 15 - 20 overall player in 2018. Do yourself a favor and draft this dude.

What's his ADP ? 

22 minutes ago, Topgun said:

What's his ADP ? 

Not sure, but I've seen him go in the 20 - 30 range. I would have zero issues taking him in the second round. If he really does make it to the third round, drafting him is a no-brainer.

• Thanks 1

my claim to fame on this site to be honest lol

ya, you can safely take him in the 2nd round depending on whos available.

would i take him over Kris Bryant or Joey Votto? no

over judge, springer, bellinger? yes

bold prediction: jose ram finishes higher than mookie betts....again

There were several discussions in his 2017 thread about him being a 1st rounder...good times. 

Considering he was hitting 6th, not 3rd for a good portion of last season, his stats could be even better. 

He did have 2 months where he was ice cold but when hes hot, hes HOT.

2B and 3B eligibility is just icing on the cake.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

my claim to fame on this site to be honest lol

ya, you can safely take him in the 2nd round depending on whos available.

would i take him over Kris Bryant or Joey Votto? no

over judge, springer, bellinger? yes

bold prediction: jose ram finishes higher than mookie betts....again

You’ve brought up Betts in the past two threads I’ve clicked on and neither were Betts threads. Is your goal to sneak a potshot on Betts into every player thread in 2018?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

His ISO says it all. 56 doubles could mean more creep over the wall next year also. My favorite player in roto no doubt