Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, 33legend said:

The way he is racking up steals, I wonder if he is literally trying to go nuts on the bases to go 40/40 and get the MVP.

Wow, really going out on a limb suggesting he might be trying to win two of the biggest awards in baseball huh? Anyone who has a chance to win awards like 40/40 and the MVP are definitely trying to do so. 

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

Wow, really going out on a limb suggesting he might be trying to win two of the biggest awards in baseball huh? Anyone who has a chance to win awards like 40/40 and the MVP are definitely trying to do so. 

I suppose I didn't articulate very well what I was trying to say.  It seems he is on the warpath trying to steal more bases than he ever has before..  I wonder if he is attempting more steals than normal to get to 40/40, which is a distinction that could get MVP voters to give him the nod over the likes of Trout and Mookie.

Either way, why such a grumpy post? Life is too short!

• Like 2

Jose Ramirez currently leads the AL in HRs (tied with JD Martinez/32) and SBs (tied with Dee Gordon/25).

Only Willie Mays has ever lead the the league in both categories. And NO ONE has ever done it in the same season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Jose Ramirez currently leads the AL in HRs (tied with JD Martinez/32) and SBs (tied with Dee Gordon/25).

Only Willie Mays has ever lead the the league in both categories. And NO ONE has ever done it in the same season.

I can definitely see it happening.  Unlike stretches here and there in the past, it doesn't look like he has any intention of slowing down on the SB attempts.  I can see him being the first, although it is going to be tough to beat out J.D. in HRs in the end.  While obviously Ramirez can too, Martinez can go on some crazy HR binges too.

Jose should have had another SB today.  Why the Twins threw to second with a runner on third, I have no idea.  That's a pretty simple "rule" that you just don't do that and give the other team a sure run.  Oh well I suppose.

Is this guy going to take some #1 overall picks away from Trout in 2019 ? 

This man's box scores are giving me an erection on a daily basis 

I can't remember the last time i had a player this dominant in fantasy (NOBODY is hitting for AVG and stealing a ton of bases anymore) he's doing BOTH and then leading the league in HRs to boot as well :wub: 

If it isn't a home run, it's a stolen base, and if it isn't a stolen base, it's a multi hit game .. and always with tons of nice runs & rbi to go with it all ... not to mention the dual position eligibility  

All of the peripherals support the numbers he's putting up too ... 

This guy is fantasy gold in 2018 ... cheers to anybody lucky enough to have him on their roster through the first 4 months of the season .. 

Only thing left to do is get the popcorn out and watch him try to become the 5th player in major league history to reach 40/40 in a single season

Edited by EmbargoLifted
  • Like 2

I'm thinking he will be ranked #3 overall going into 2019. It's still hard to believe that his K% is 3% less than his BB%. Even Betts and Trout don't have that good of a BB/K.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers
  • Like 2

How wide is the gap between Jose and Trout in fantasy though? It can't be much, right?

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Hasn’t done much lately. Come on Jo-Ram. 

Don't worry, he will soon, probably even as soon as tonight.

I am calling a HR vs Shields tonight.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

nailed it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

tumblr_inline_mruejoi94M1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 3:09 AM, EmbargoLifted said:

Is this guy going to take some #1 overall picks away from Trout in 2019 ? 

He probably will, and it will probably be a bad move, just like when people got cute and took Mookie, Altuve, or Harper over Trout the past few seasons. 

Ramirez is a no doubt top 4 pick next year, but taking anyone over Trout is really over thinking things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benturn22 said:

nailed it.

It's about time I got a prediction right.  My luck with them hasn't been good, so I was almost afraid to make it.  Don't doubt Jose. :)

I have no idea why Shields threw him two straight fastballs.  Obviously I'm not complaining, but he was making Ramirez look silly all night and then does that.  Made no sense, but again, obviously I'm not complaining.

1 hour ago, Yceman1234 said:

tumblr_inline_mruejoi94M1qz4rgp.gif

Awww, thanks man.

Wait, I think you're talking about Jose.  Ummm, this is kind of awkward now.... :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Osu1456 said:

How wide is the gap between Jose and Trout in fantasy though? It can't be much, right?

Yea...and based on position eligibility I personally give Ramirez an ever-so-slight edge.  Hell...I personally put Lindor in that conversation right now...those two are BEASTING for the Indians right now.

2 hours ago, benturn22 said:

i'm not sure why, but all of the sudden he keeps popping everything up to the infield lol wut

He seems like he's trying to hit HR's lately, especially in this Boston series.

Still, it's not like he's going to continue to do it for that long.  He'll fix himself, and he has 2 hits tonight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benturn22 said:

i'm not sure why, but all of the sudden he keeps popping everything up to the infield lol wut

Actually he stroked a bullet double tonight into the gap.  

46 minutes ago, benturn22 said:

wow..expected him to crush KC pitching...really struggling.

The Indians as a team severely disappointed in the whole series.  Pitching, hitting (minus today), it was all pretty much a disaster.

This guy is absolutely stinking up the joint. Anybody actually watching his abs? Just from looking at his stats it seems like he's just going for a hr every ab. 

16 minutes ago, jkells83 said:

This guy is absolutely stinking up the joint. Anybody actually watching his abs? Just from looking at his stats it seems like he's just going for a hr every ab. 

Yep, he's been bad, but even on his 'bad' days he still seems to put up some counting stats.  There was due to be some regression, still killing it.  Ride out the slump and enjoy the next hot streak.