Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

16 minutes ago, jkells83 said:

This guy is absolutely stinking up the joint. Anybody actually watching his abs? Just from looking at his stats it seems like he's just going for a hr every ab. 

He took two walks and stole a base today. Fine by me as long as his strikeout rate isn't spiking.

Yup. Totally fine. Just keep slumping while racking up those walks, and by the time playoffs roll around, back to FIYAHHHHHHHH!!!!

51 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Moving to 2B. 

At least most of the time, yeah.  Maybe they will DH Donaldson when they are facing a tough lefty and Alonso sits.

I'm fine with him playing 2B again.  It guarantees he'll have the dual eligibility again next season, which is always nice, and he's a beast no matter where he plays.  In other words, it enhances his value somewhat for next season and then keeps it steady for the years after that.

You’re all that confident JD even sees a lot of PT pre-playoffs?  I admire your optimism.

Just now, BMcP said:

You’re all that confident JD even sees a lot of PT pre-playoffs?  I admire your optimism.

Who knows, but they have to play him a decent amount to know what they have for the playoffs.  They can't just sit him and then start him in the playoffs and hope for the best.  Not when the AL is so competitive.

28 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Who knows, but they have to play him a decent amount to know what they have for the playoffs.  They can't just sit him and then start him in the playoffs and hope for the best.  Not when the AL is so competitive.

Well, that’s certainly true.  I just highly doubt he stays healthy enough to play too often down the stretch.

31 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Well, that’s certainly true.  I just highly doubt he stays healthy enough to play too often down the stretch.

It's possible.  We'll see I guess.

I'm more concerned with Ramirez and him playing 2B enough to retain his eligibility for next season.  Like I said earlier, obviously he's amazing no matter what his position eligibility is, but the extra eligibility would still come in handy at times.

12 hours ago, BMcP said:

I just hope he stays healthy enough to get JoRam 20 starts at 2B.  

3 hours ago, ragrag said:

I just hope he stays healthy enough to get JoRam 20 starts at 2B.  

Or (5) games for Yahoo. This is doable. Stay healthy Josh!

37HR with 29SB... in 133 games. Can he go 40/35 with 200 R/RBI? His BABIP is .266... this guys is unreal.

Edited by BlueJaysIn2030
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

37HR with 29SB... in 133 games. Can he go 40/35 with 200 R/RBI? His BABIP is .266... this guys is unreal.

Arguably the best player in the game right now and I'm not even an Indians fan

3 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

He's a lock to get everything except for maybe the 35 SBs.  I'm not saying he can't, but SBs are a question mark with basically everyone in the league.  Still, if he gets hot again and the running comes along with it as it has already, then I can see him doing it.

If I've learned anything about Ramirez this season, it's that he can do almost anything, so that's why I can't completely rule anything out.

Edited by KilloWertz

19 hours ago, benturn22 said:

would be nice if he could actually start hitting again..

He can start anytime now.. first week of playoffs could definitely use him for what I traded him for

• Like 1

JRam is getting cold at the wrong time, really need him to start hitting if anyone plans on winning H2H leagues.

i had a feeling this would happen though, up until August he was just at a ridiculously unsustainable pace.

JoRam will be fine in September, but if you need him now, well, I hope your league counts walks or OBP

H2H is won by the hottest team, not the best on paper.

In custom H2H deep leagues the best teams get rewarded with a bye ;)

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

proceeds to hit one off the wall, almost a 3 run tater. 1 RBI double. Please catch fire.

He will at some point, if not already judging by his start to this game.  He's too good to keep going like he was.  He hadn't had a stretch like this since the first month of the season, but lulls like this were a bit more frequent last season, so I guess it was inevitable.  It could be an insane month of close out the season like last season.

Off the bat, I thought it was gone.  I saw a fastball coming right down the middle and got excited, then off the bat it looked good too.  Oh well.  Still a productive AB and it's nice to see him driving the ball again.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 6:58 PM, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

had no idea his babip was 266

was 319 last year and 333 in 2016

was also an over 300 babip guy in the minors it seems

is it possible he even improves next year? LOL

Edited by jfazz23

42 minutes ago, benturn22 said:

you don't realize how important this guy has been for your team until he goes completely cold lol damn.  Between him and Altuve, my offense has been horrible for a month...crazy.

Yeah, even with this pretty bad stretch for him, anybody who owns him wouldn't be where they are today in their standings if it wasn't for his amazing season up until this stretch began.

19 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

had no idea his babip was 266

was 319 last year and 333 in 2016

was also an over 300 babip guy in the minors it seems

is it possible he even improves next year? LOL

In the HR department?  I have my doubts, but everywhere else?  Sure, since he should easily be hitting roughly 30 points higher than he is.  How that all averages out on player raters, I don't know, but it should still cement him as a Top 5 player as long as he continues to run like he has this season.