Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

Yeah, I don't think there's anything to see here.  I can understand the speculation given what he's done this season so far, but he's had great extra base power.  Now it's translating into more HR's.  Also, it's not like he's hitting a lot of tape measure shots.  I've seen at least a couple of his barely make it out.

Plus, he works way too hard to "cheat".

Edited by KilloWertz

17 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Yeah, I don't think there's anything to see here.  I can understand the speculation given what he's done this season so far, but he's had great extra base power.  Now it's translating into more HR's.  Also, it's not like he's hitting a lot of tape measure shots.  I've seen at least a couple of his barely make it out.

Plus it's not like he's a 10 year vet having a career season out of nowhere, he's steadily making gains over multiple seasons.

Man, another HR. This guy must be on roids/PED.....lol jk

I'm totally okay with internet rando's accusing him of PEDs if this is how he responds.  Imagine he sees it as a compliment.  "no, i'm not cycling, i'm just a ******** monster, deal with it"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Nothing to see here. 

Lets hope not

21 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

So are we saying if you work too hard at your craft you don’t “cheat”? 

Again let’s hope not.

I remember reading one Dominican Republic baseball player who mention when Cano was busted Is the reason he doesn’t live in the DR. 

2/4 2 1 1 0 .500

Easily the best player in MLB that the casual fan has never heard of. Absolute beast. 

(vent) this guy was my freaking A+call last year and i have ZERO stock in him this year

i realize this doesnt add anything to this thread but what more really needs to be added??

edit: srs question.  this guy a top 5 pic next year?

Edited by jfazz23

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

(vent) this guy was my freaking A+call last year and i have ZERO stock in him this year

i realize this doesnt add anything to this thread but what more really needs to be added??

edit: srs question.  this guy a top 5 pic next year?

i want to say yes, but im thinking the back half of the top 10 rather than front half. i seriously hope im wrong though, lol

Edited by sharpee

1 minute ago, sharpee said:

i want to say yes, but im thinking the back half of the top 10 rather than front half. i seriously hope im wrong though, lol

i mean. im not making the mistake of taking correa over him again.  he def gets bumped ahead of blackmon, goldie, and probably bryant for me.

think im only taking Trout and Betts over him

i dont take pitchers in top 5 usually so it looks like i have joseram ranked 3rd

@taobball -what say you mi amigo?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i mean. im not making the mistake of taking correa over him again.  he def gets bumped ahead of blackmon, goldie, and probably bryant for me.

think im only taking Trout and Betts over him

i dont take pitchers in top 5 usually so it looks like i have joseram ranked 3rd

@taobball -what say you mi amigo?

Hard to say, but if he finishes the year at his current pace there’s no way he’s not a top 5 pick. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taobball said:

Hard to say, but if he finishes the year at his current pace there’s no way he’s not a top 5 pick. 

Maybe we expected even better insight... ;)

Seriously though, as he continues to improve, I think he's firmly establishing himself as a lock to be a first round pick next season.  I'm not sure he'll actually reach 50 HR's, but he's going to continue to be quite fun to watch as always.

this might be generalizing things a bit, but isn't he essentially now an upper middle class man's mike trout??

1 minute ago, sharpee said:

this might be generalizing things a bit, but isn't he essentially now an upper middle class man's mike trout??

Yes

Just now, Topgun said:

Yes

User profile pic checks out

• Like 1

razzball is saying hes on pace for an 11.7 WAR

highest ever for 3b

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 33legend said:

Best player in baseball not named Trout

Debatable, but I must agree.

1 hour ago, 33legend said:

Best player in baseball not named Trout

I would think he will go in top 3 next year.  Only players I'd take over him are Betts and Trout.  His HR/FB might be a tad high so far but his BABIP is significantly lower than his usual.  

35 minutes ago, The Waker said:

I would think he will go in top 3 next year.  Only players I'd take over him are Betts and Trout.  His HR/FB might be a tad high so far but his BABIP is significantly lower than his usual.  

Top 3? Thats bold unlikely he goes that high.

14 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Top 3? Thats bold unlikely he goes that high.

Not that bold.  Here's only mock draft I could find:  https://www.fantraxhq.com/early-2019-top-10/ has him at 4

Arenado is the only other player I could see taking in front of him besides Betts and Lindor, unless someone thinks Scherzer is very likely to keep this up.

Edited by The Waker

3 minutes ago, The Waker said:

Not that bold.  Here's only mock draft I could find:  https://www.fantraxhq.com/early-2019-top-10/ has him at 4

Arenado is the only other player I could see taking in front of him besides Betts and Lindor.

Max has been ranked top 5 for years doubt he gets picked before him and possibly Kluber. Other hitters to make a case for are Altuve Freeman Jd Martinez Arenado and Blackmon.