Fuzzy_Slippers

Jose Ramirez 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, The Waker said:

You will not get him at the back end of the first round

this

so far it looks like next year will be Trout, Betts, JoRam,altuve,Lindor or something

As it stands right now, if you got Ramirez after the 5th pick, you got lucky.

Edited by Steve gar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Waker said:

You will not get him at the back end of the first round

You think? I guess we'll have to see how everyone ends their season.

I'd say altuve trout arenado are locks for the top three, and id probably go Mookie Freeman JD and Scherzer after that. He's no doubt a first rounder for me next year unless something attrocious happens, but I'm not sure he'll be top 6. Not that I couldn't see that as fair placement but I still see some other guys in front of him. At any rate this is getting into 2019 outlook territory so im done and will just admire what a freaking awesome season he is having the dude is a S.T.U.D.

7 minutes ago, ktierne3 said:

I'd say altuve trout arenado are locks for the top three, and id probably go Mookie Freeman JD and Scherzer after that. He's no doubt a first rounder for me next year unless something attrocious happens, but I'm not sure he'll be top 6. Not that I couldn't see that as fair placement but I still see some other guys in front of him. At any rate this is getting into 2019 outlook territory so im done and will just admire what a freaking awesome season he is having the dude is a S.T.U.D.

Yeah I'm not sniffing Arenado before Jose Ramirez. really anyone who doesn't steal bases. Why pass on 5 category greatness? 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, sjs1890 said:

Let the guy do it one year before jumping the gun 

You lost me with this

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, taobball said:

Yeah I'm not sniffing Arenado before Jose Ramirez. really anyone who doesn't steal bases. Why pass on 5 category greatness? 

and if lindor steals 20 do you put him ahead of arenado as well?

i def agree with jose ram. im putting him ahead of altuve right now as well

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

and if lindor steals 20 do you put him ahead of arenado as well?

i def agree with jose ram. im putting him ahead of altuve right now as well

I mean I had Lindor at #11 this year.... so I was already relatively in on Lindor because of his five category value. I think that's very close though, and I would probably end up leaning Lindor. 

23 hours ago, sjs1890 said:

Drafting pitchers highly like max and kluber is what wins you leagues to say people don't draft pitchers in the top 10 is patently false. We are not even in July yet and people are talking about next year's rankings lol??? Let the guy do it one year before jumping the gun one prolonged slump could change a lot it's still june.... If I was doing a re draft today I would go Trout Betts Max Kluber and for what is worth I'd still take Altuve over Jram and I'd be willing to wager Altuve beats Ramirez in 4 cats out of 5. To say people don't value pitching or don't draft them in the top 10 is annoying. 

Man was a top 50 fantasy option in 2016. He's been a top 50 option for two straight years, with last year being much better. This year he is a top 5 option. 

How many years do you need to see it again? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, taobball said:

I mean I had Lindor at #11 this year.... so I was already relatively in on Lindor because of his five category value. I think that's very close though, and I would probably end up leaning Lindor. 

You were high on Lindor and Ramirez.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, ktierne3 said:

Altuve?  No way.  He's not repeating last year again.  Where's Betts?  Arenado has a high floor but his ceiling just isn't up there with the 5 category players.

Jo Ram could hit 40 homers this year very easily

I would go:

1. Trout 

2. Betts

3. Ramirez 

4. Altuve

5. Lindor 

6. Arenado

After Trout and Betts, you can't go wrong with any of the other 4 guys. 

• Like 4

Pretty solid list there.  I might put Lindor even ahead of Altuve, but it doesn't really matter.  Like you said, once you reach a certain point, you can't go wrong with any of them.

I dunno. At this point, it might be wise to sell high on Ramirez.  He's fallen off the earlier pace of a legit shot at 50 Doubles and 50 HRs.  It's obvious that regression is finally setting in... ;)

All kidding aside, his numbers he's on pace for are insane.  Obviously better than even I expected, and I gave up a lot to get him in my keeper league early this season.  .291 Avg, 109 Runs, 44 Doubles, 48 HR's, 109 RBI's, and 22 SBs.  99 BBs and only 83 SOs too.  If he doesn't win AL MVP, he's definitely my MVP.

7 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Pretty solid list there.  I might put Lindor even ahead of Altuve, but it doesn't really matter.  Like you said, once you reach a certain point, you can't go wrong with any of them.

I dunno. At this point, it might be wise to sell high on Ramirez.  He's fallen off the earlier pace of a legit shot at 50 Doubles and 50 HRs.  It's obvious that regression is finally setting in... ;)

All kidding aside, his numbers he's on pace for are insane.  Obviously better than even I expected, and I gave up a lot to get him in my keeper league early this season.  .291 Avg, 109 Runs, 44 Doubles, 48 HR's, 109 RBI's, and 22 SBs.  99 BBs and only 83 SOs too.  If he doesn't win AL MVP, he's definitely my MVP.

I mean if Mike Trout finishes his season at his pace Ramirez is not winning AL MVP. He'll almost undeniably, again if they both finish on pace, have maybe the greatest non-MVP season in the history of baseball. I don't know for a fact, but I think it's one of the greater seasons... right up there with Trout rookie year losing to Miguel Cabrera's Triple Crown. 

Edited by taobball
pronouns being confusing
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, taobball said:

I mean if Mike Trout finishes his season at his pace Ramirez is not winning AL MVP. He'll almost undeniably, again if they both finish on pace, have maybe the greatest non-MVP season in the history of baseball. I don't know for a fact, but I think it's one of the greater seasons... right up there with Trout rookie year losing to Miguel Cabrera's Triple Crown. 

And to think he started the season 2 for 33

Side note: NO 3B has ever had a 10 WAR season. JRam is on pace to have the greatest 3B season ever (and as you said, not win MVP). 

True, but to save myself, I did only so if he wins and not that he will/should... :D  Even if he doesn't, like I actually did seriously mean, he will be my fantasy team MVP.  I always end up making one trade a season in my keeper league that is a huge difference maker, and I think Jose Ramirez has already taken that "award".

This season has been a rough one in general for offense, so I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride Jose Ramirez is putting us on, regardless of whether he wins any awards.

lol. In recent history, maybe?

In 1941, Ted Williams lost the AL MVP award to Joe DiMaggio. DiMaggio had his famous 56 game hitting streak and overall hit .357/.440/.643 as a centerfielder and compiled 9.1 WAR.

Williams hit .406/.553/.735 as a leftfielder and compiled 10.6 WAR.

Want to rethink that as a reasonable position?

4 hours ago, The Waker said:

Arenado has a high floor but his ceiling just isn't up there with the 5 category players.

Jo Ram could hit 40 homers this year very easily

Arenado’s floor might not be quite as high if the Rox don’t sign him in the off-season. I’m not spending a 3 pick on a guy who might be traded mid season and has a career 267/323/475 line away from Coors. 

J-Ram>Arenado for sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

In 1941, Ted Williams lost the AL MVP award to Joe DiMaggio. DiMaggio had his famous 56 game hitting streak and overall hit .357/.440/.643 as a centerfielder and compiled 9.1 WAR.

10.6 WAR

Did you see my post? JRam on pace to best 10 WAR. So yeah, pretty damn close. Lol

9 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

Uh... what?

Jose Ramirez currently has 4.8 WAR through 73 team games. That's a 10.65 WAR pace. 

You want to rethink both what you said and your attitude towards my position? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, taobball said:

Uh... what?

Jose Ramirez currently has 4.8 WAR through 73 team games. That's a 10.65 WAR pace. 

You want to rethink both what you said and your attitude towards my position? 

He will not keep that up. Williams did it over a full season. I would bet $1,000,000 he does not finish with 10.6 WAR.

5 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

10.6 WAR

Did you see my post? JRam on pace to best 10 WAR. So yeah, pretty damn close. Lol

Apparently hitting over .400 trumps everything else...

2 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

He will not keep that up. Williams did it over a full season. I would bet $1,000,000 he does not finish with 10.6 WAR.

27 minutes ago, taobball said:

Dude... just stop. I literally said "IF." You're just arguing for the sake of trying to pretend that you didn't make a mistake in your reply to my post. Sorry you were wrong. But my statement was accurate, and I do not need to rethink it.

Thanks. 

Edited by taobball
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Waker said:

Apparently hitting over .400 trumps everything else...

.553 OBP tho

2 minutes ago, taobball said:

Dude... just stop. I literally said "IF." You're just arguing for the sake of trying to pretend that you didn't make a mistake in your reply to my post. Sorry you were wrong. But my statement was accurate, and I do not need to rethink it.

Thanks. 

Meh. Most agree that offensive WAR is much more reliable. Ramirez on pace for 8.0 oWAR. Williams = 10.9.