Topgun

Jose Ramirez Trade Value ?

Recommended Posts

Has anyone traded for Ramirez lately ? What's his trade value ?

I'd love to have him to be my everyday 2B in a 12 team,H2H daily

lineup, points dynasty league. Do I have to over-pay to get him ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're an indians fan apparently and im guessing your leaguemates know you are an Indians fan - so yes, you'll have to over pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Khahan said:

You're an indians fan apparently and im guessing your leaguemates know you are an Indians fan - so yes, you'll have to over pay.

That's true, I've been in this league for 9 years, everyone knows :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a top 25 player in your format. He's going to cost a pretty penny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, schulni said:

He's a top 25 player in your format. He's going to cost a pretty penny.

 

I agree, and I also agree that you will have to pay a premium to get him because you are a fan. I am a Yankees fan and typically don't own many Yankees players because I refuse to overpay. 

 

With that said it would be helpful if you posted your roster so we know what you have to make suggestions. I could suggest similarly valuable players, but if you don't own any of the ones I suggest then it is mostly pointless. 

 

Also, which nobody mentioned, he finished 3rd in MVP voting last year so you are also buying high. My suggestion is to not go after him this off season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, yusko9 said:

 

I agree, and I also agree that you will have to pay a premium to get him because you are a fan. I am a Yankees fan and typically don't own many Yankees players because I refuse to overpay. 

 

With that said it would be helpful if you posted your roster so we know what you have to make suggestions. I could suggest similarly valuable players, but if you don't own any of the ones I suggest then it is mostly pointless. 

 

Also, which nobody mentioned, he finished 3rd in MVP voting last year so you are also buying high. My suggestion is to not go after him this off season. 

 

J Lucroy
Y Molina (R)
T d'Arnaud (R)
Z Collins (M)
J.J. Schwarz (M)
J Nottingham (M)
E Encarnacion
E Thames (R)
Y Alvarez (M)
M Thaiss (M)
S Gennett
E Escobar (R)
M Carpenter (R)
W Calhoun (M)
T Demeritte (M)
J Donaldson
E Nunez (R)
K'Bryan Hayes (M)
J Lowe (M)
L Erceg (M)
F Lindor
T Beckham (R)
R Mountcastle (M)
I Diaz (M)
M Betts
M Trout
J.D. Martinez
M Brantley (R)
M Haniger (R)
C Gonzalez (R)
A Hays (M)
Y Cespedes (M)
W Benson (M)
J Siri (M)
B Zimmer (M)
R Acuna (M)
M Taylor
R Cano (R)
J Bruce (R)
Y Alonso (R)
L Weaver
M Scherzer
R Hill
C Kluber
C Carrasco
M Clevinger (R)
N Pivetta (R)
J Wentz (M)
F Griffin (M)
R Yarbrough (M)
E Lauer (M)
S Alcantara (M)
D Mengden (M)
S Gonsalves (M)
B Woodruff (M)
P Avila (M)
S Bieber (M)
M Manning (M)
T Eshelman (M)
H Neris
A Miller
E Diaz
T Lyons (R)
B Shaw (R)
M Minor (R)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Topgun said:

 

You literally have every prominent Indian on your team right now. Depends on team needs, but I would try to build around Robinson Cano with a strong prospect packaged behind him. Although that only works if the other guys is a contender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Topgun said:

Has anyone traded for Ramirez lately ? What's his trade value ?

I'd love to have him to be my everyday 2B in a 12 team,H2H daily

lineup, points dynasty league. Do I have to over-pay to get him ?

He was just taken 2nd pick 2nd round in the FSTA draft, ahead of Machado, Judge, Freeman, Rizzo, Seager, Lindor and Sale.  So yeah, I think people have a pretty high opinion of him, as they should, he is a stud. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yusko9 said:

 

You literally have every prominent Indian on your team right now. Depends on team needs, but I would try to build around Robinson Cano with a strong prospect packaged behind him. Although that only works if the other guys is a contender. 

 

Sorry but I wouldn't advise this. It's great if the JoRam owner is known for excessive drug use, otherwise, I'd expect to have to move Betts. Comparable in age, performance, upside, floor, etc, across the board. I'd offer Betts, Cano, and a spec he likes for JoRam and a lower end piece. He gets a stud OF, a 2B to replace losing JoRam (and I don't expect him to keep eligibility there after this year, so you'll have a whole new problem next year most likely) and a prospect he likes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

 

Sorry but I wouldn't advise this. It's great if the JoRam owner is known for excessive drug use, otherwise, I'd expect to have to move Betts. Comparable in age, performance, upside, floor, etc, across the board. I'd offer Betts, Cano, and a spec he likes for JoRam and a lower end piece. He gets a stud OF, a 2B to replace losing JoRam (and I don't expect him to keep eligibility there after this year, so you'll have a whole new problem next year most likely) and a prospect he likes. 

 

Ok so first I admit that Cano is probably a lowball, but he is still a really good player and still has plenty of value in dynasty. However, you are high if you think that Jose Ramirez is worth Mookie Betts, Cano, and a prospect. That is comical. I wouldn't trade Betts for Jose Ramirez straight up let alone add another top 100 dynasty asset plus a prospect. I usually agree with your opinions on here, but you are way way way off with this valuation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, yusko9 said:

 

Ok so first I admit that Cano is probably a lowball, but he is still a really good player and still has plenty of value in dynasty. However, you are high if you think that Jose Ramirez is worth Mookie Betts, Cano, and a prospect. That is comical. I wouldn't trade Betts for Jose Ramirez straight up let alone add another top 100 dynasty asset plus a prospect. I usually agree with your opinions on here, but you are way way way off with this valuation. 

 

You may not, but it depends on positioning. Plus Betts is coming off a down year, Ramirez off a monster year. Even without knowing he's an indians fan, it's going to take an overpay to get JoRam. Betts is the overpay. But, let's say the other owner doesn't have any other 2B he can play. Now OP needs to include Cano to avoid creating that gap, and prospect (depending on the name thrown out) would be the icing. 

Cano is a fringe top 100 dynasty asset. I don't know if his days as a Yankee have you biased, but he's 35 years old and just came off a year wehre he hit .280 with 23 homers. That's pretty on par with 2015 and 2014. His outlier is 2016. No one is giving anything of value for Cano. 

Betts is a more valuable asset than JoRam, sure. But JoRam is a hot commodity, and that's the type of 1 for 1 swap it'd take. Cano/prospect for a second piece are what you have to do to fill the gap he creates by trading away his 2B. If he has another 2B, he could very well hold onto Cano and get JoRam for Betts. And, no, it's not crazy to do. I have Betts, and I wouldn't trade him for JoRam, but I have Rendon/Bregman at third and util. I have Altuve at 2B. It doesn't make sense for me to do so.


Betts went for 101 runs, 24 hr, 26 SB, 102 RBI, .264 BA

JoRam went for  107 runs, 29 HR, 17 SB, 83 RBI, .318 BA 

 

It's points, so that's irrelevant, but just food for thought. Why would a JoRam owner feel like Betts is such an upgrade? I like both about equally well, but some other things JoRam did make me really optimistic on him (like the fact he cranked nearly 60 doubles to go with those 29 homers). He out slugged Betts by over 100 points and beat him in BA by 50. 

Betts is going to get drafted across the board a few spots higher, but find a JoRam owner who's really eager to get rid of him. I'll wait. 

 

And I didn't say JoRam is worth Betts, Cano, and a prospect. I said JoRam + a piece is worth them. That piece isn't necessarily a throw in, but maybe a Dexter Fowler-ish type outfielder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

 

You may not, but it depends on positioning. Plus Betts is coming off a down year, Ramirez off a monster year. Even without knowing he's an indians fan, it's going to take an overpay to get JoRam. Betts is the overpay. But, let's say the other owner doesn't have any other 2B he can play. Now OP needs to include Cano to avoid creating that gap, and prospect (depending on the name thrown out) would be the icing. 

Cano is a fringe top 100 dynasty asset. I don't know if his days as a Yankee have you biased, but he's 35 years old and just came off a year wehre he hit .280 with 23 homers. That's pretty on par with 2015 and 2014. His outlier is 2016. No one is giving anything of value for Cano. 

Betts is a more valuable asset than JoRam, sure. But JoRam is a hot commodity, and that's the type of 1 for 1 swap it'd take. Cano/prospect for a second piece are what you have to do to fill the gap he creates by trading away his 2B. If he has another 2B, he could very well hold onto Cano and get JoRam for Betts. And, no, it's not crazy to do. I have Betts, and I wouldn't trade him for JoRam, but I have Rendon/Bregman at third and util. I have Altuve at 2B. It doesn't make sense for me to do so.


Betts went for 101 runs, 24 hr, 26 SB, 102 RBI, .264 BA

JoRam went for  107 runs, 29 HR, 17 SB, 83 RBI, .318 BA 

 

It's points, so that's irrelevant, but just food for thought. Why would a JoRam owner feel like Betts is such an upgrade? I like both about equally well, but some other things JoRam did make me really optimistic on him (like the fact he cranked nearly 60 doubles to go with those 29 homers). He out slugged Betts by over 100 points and beat him in BA by 50. 

Betts is going to get drafted across the board a few spots higher, but find a JoRam owner who's really eager to get rid of him. I'll wait. 

 

And I didn't say JoRam is worth Betts, Cano, and a prospect. I said JoRam + a piece is worth them. That piece isn't necessarily a throw in, but maybe a Dexter Fowler-ish type outfielder. 

 

1st I can tell your getting offended by being called out lol so relax

2nd I literally said two posts up that I am a Yankees fan but usually don't end up owning Yankees players because I am not swayed value wise by being a fan, so effectively no, I'm not swayed by when Cano was a Yankee. 

3rd I like how you immediately backpedaled and admitted that your valuation originally was flat out wrong. 

 

Now this is fantasy baseball and people's opinions vary which is what allows for trades to happen. If everyone had the same opinion then trades wouldn't happen and forums like this wouldn't exist. With that said though I won't argue what the cost to acquire him may be, but the OP asked what his value was. I could care less what people will want for him because of all the arbitrary nonsense like who had a better year/who had a down year etc. is just the way that owners try to pull of lopsided trades like the one you suggested. I merely was stating the fact that value wise Jose Ramirez is not = to Betts. Since you weakly tried to say that my Yankees fandom influenced my opinion of Cano you will then have to admit that I'm obviously not biased suggesting that a Red Sox player is the better player. 

 

Just like you are going to wait for me to point out an owner that is looking to get rid of Jose Ramirez I'll wait for you to point to any credible set of rankings or dynasty value charts that suggests you need to add Robby Cano and a solid prospect to Mookie Betts to net you Jose Ramirez... Seriously... I'll wait.

 

The point I am making is a couple days ago there was a forum post suggesting that people shouldn't give up Acuna when being offered guys like Bellinger, Judge, Stanton, Cluber. Just because owners out there overvalue their asset doesn't mean you make a terrible trade like the one you proposed. Which, like I said earlier, is why I typically don't end up owning Yankees players because I won't fall into the trap of making terrible trades like that one.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yusko9 said:

 

1st I can tell your getting offended by being called out lol so relax

2nd I literally said two posts up that I am a Yankees fan but usually don't end up owning Yankees players because I am not swayed value wise by being a fan, so effectively no, I'm not swayed by when Cano was a Yankee. 

3rd I like how you immediately backpedaled and admitted that your valuation originally was flat out wrong. 

 

Now this is fantasy baseball and people's opinions vary which is what allows for trades to happen. If everyone had the same opinion then trades wouldn't happen and forums like this wouldn't exist. With that said though I won't argue what the cost to acquire him may be, but the OP asked what his value was. I could care less what people will want for him because of all the arbitrary nonsense like who had a better year/who had a down year etc. is just the way that owners try to pull of lopsided trades like the one you suggested. I merely was stating the fact that value wise Jose Ramirez is not = to Betts. Since you weakly tried to say that my Yankees fandom influenced my opinion of Cano you will then have to admit that I'm obviously not biased suggesting that a Red Sox player is the better player. 

 

Just like you are going to wait for me to point out an owner that is looking to get rid of Jose Ramirez I'll wait for you to point to any credible set of rankings or dynasty value charts that suggests you need to add Robby Cano and a solid prospect to Mookie Betts to net you Jose Ramirez... Seriously... I'll wait.

 

The point I am making is a couple days ago there was a forum post suggesting that people shouldn't give up Acuna when being offered guys like Bellinger, Judge, Stanton, Cluber. Just because owners out there overvalue their asset doesn't mean you make a terrible trade like the one you proposed. Which, like I said earlier, is why I typically don't end up owning Yankees players because I won't fall into the trap of making terrible trades like that one.  

 

1) Literally not the least bit offended. I don't get worked up over this stuff. 

2) Subconciously then?

3) I didn't backpedal. It's going to take Betts to get Ramirez is what I said. I never claimed Ramirez to be more valuable. 

Betts is going to get drafted above Jose Ramirez. That's pretty much a fact. But in a keeper/dynasty setting where Ramirez was great for a second year in a row, and just blew up for an owner? Yeah, he's not getting dealt away easily or cheap. Ramirez for Betts is pretty fair, depending on needs. Don't expect to get Ramirez for a "fair" price though. Also - I'm assuming the other owner needs a 2B if he deals JoRam off. OP Already had other options at UTIL, and Cano is a bench piece, so he trades the bench depth off to get his guy? He coudl try JDM there instead, but given the injury risk, age, and the question of where he ends up makes that a hard sell. 

 

Any set of dynasty rankings worth their salt will have Betts ranked over JoRam. The problem is, that's not going to matter to a JoRam owner. People tend to overvalue their guys, and undervalue yours. That's just how it goes. 


The fact you think it's a terrible trade is puzzling. Cano is pretty inconsequential to lose. If JoRam is his 2B, and he has no viable alternatives, it's a forgone conclusion you'll have to give up a 2B to make the deal work. Otherwise, why deal a top asset at a position for depth at another? The prospect I was talking about wasn't a Moncada/Acuna/etc level. But it he was intereted in Demeritte? Diaz? etc., you'd definitely let them go in that. 

Again, you keep ignoring the fact of the + part of my trade. The deal was never Cano, prospect, Betts for JoRam. Keep pretending I did, but I did not. But you're giving the guy an OF, a really good one, and a replacement 2B. The prospect, in my opinion, is added to get a piece not far below Cano in value that is OF eligible (again, like Fowler, Puig, Santana, Pham, etc). 

 

Now, if the guy is rostering Dozier, Altuve, Gordon, Schoop, Murphy, etc, you could very well get JoRam for Betts. However, including Cano + a prospect allows the OP to soften the blow of the deal by getting back a lower end OF back. 


It's a great position for a buy low/sell high for a JoRam owner IF they think they are selling high on JoRam. 


Betts may be better, but don't expect the other owner to trip over himself taking Betts for JoRam, unless he has guys to play wherever JoRam is for him. That's my point. If he does, hold Cano, no sense in giving him away for the sake of doing so. I'm assuming Ramirez is his 2B, and moving him is going to create a hole. In that case, Cano is the token piece you give back to close the gap, and you toss in a prospect to get a decent second piece back. 

 

Pretty basic. Also pretty fair, even against your staunchest objections. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to re-quote it, I can admit that I overlooked you saying to get a secondary piece in the trade so it isn't as terrible as I stated. However you also didn't make it clear that you thought that a secondary piece would be someone like Pham etc... If that was the secondary piece then it is reasonable, if it is just some marginal throw in then no. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe in marginal throw ins, so there's that. But yeah. It's going to have to be a low end starter or something of substance, even an Aaron Hicks type (loaded lineup, finally broke out, he repeats last season, or mostly does, that's a really solid move). 

Secondary pieces are open for interpertation always, I do think more would need to come back to him, it would just depends on team construction on how that would be handled. But yeah. 

Glad that's all cleared up, lol. 

 

Good luck, OP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you trying to trade for him when fantasy baseball season is closed & leagues aren't running these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

How are you trying to trade for him when fantasy baseball season is closed & leagues aren't running these days. 

 

6 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

How are you trying to trade for him when fantasy baseball season is closed & leagues aren't running these days. 

I'll pray for you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now