svdude

Who are my last 2 keepers? WHIR

12 team 5x5 roto keeper league.  Start C,1B,2B,3B,SS,IF,4 OF, U, 5 SP, 3 RP, 1 P.  Very limited FA pickups on the year (12 total for year), which is why I like to start with a couple of "safe" closers and a balanced team.   

We have a salary cap of $320 for 15 players.  These 13 put me at $285.

1B - Hoskins (1B/OF) - $15

2B - Rizzo (1B/2B) - $33

3B - Arenado - $29

SS - Lindor - $23

IF - Machado (3B) - $33

OF - Harper - $45, Benintendi - $15

Bench - Senzel - $8

SP - Kluber - $30, Ray - $20, Berrios - $10

RP - Knebel - $15, Vizcaino - $10

That leaves me $35 for my last 2 players.  Which 2 would you keep?

C - Mejia $15

2B - Murphy - $22

OF - Zimmer - $8, Brinson - $11, Y. Tomas - $15, W. Calhoun - $15

SP - Nola $20, Bauer - $15, Faria - $15, Happ - $11, Hammell - $8

RP - Giles - $23, Colome - $17

Toss back the arms and keep Murphy, Zimmer, Brinson , Y. Tomas, W. Calhoun. 

Drop Vizcaino for Colome which would leave 28$ for 2. Add Zimmer and Nola so you have 4 good SP and 2 reliable closers with a great offemse ,

Personally I'd move Hoskins to the OF and Keep Murphy and play him at second with Rizzo at 1st, then I'd keep Zimmer. It is hard for me toss back someone who is going to hit in the .330's in a 5x5 roto I have him in a roto and he really helps in Avg. 

If you are set on needing pitching then I like what others have said, keep Colome, Nola, Zimmer and toss back Vizcaino. (but seriously if it were me I'd keep Murphy) 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, yusko9 said:

Personally I'd move Hoskins to the OF and Keep Murphy and play him at second with Rizzo at 1st, then I'd keep Zimmer. It is hard for me toss back someone who is going to hit in the .330's in a 5x5 roto I have him in a roto and he really helps in Avg. 

If you are set on needing pitching then I like what others have said, keep Colome, Nola, Zimmer and toss back Vizcaino. (but seriously if it were me I'd keep Murphy) 

I was trying to figure out how to get Murphy in but ya I agree 100%

• Thanks 1

Appreciate the great feedback on his.  I was fairly locked in at looking at this as my last 2, but you guys now have me rethinking my last 3 or 4.

1 - Murphy, Zimmer, Vizcaino (Knebel)

2 - Nola, Zimmer, Colome (Knebel)

Would I be crazy to consider dropping Knebel (making Vizcaino my only closer  and giving me $50 for last 3) and keep this group to round out team?

3 - Murphy, Nola, Zimmer (Vizcaino)

6 minutes ago, svdude said:

Appreciate the great feedback on his.  I was fairly locked in at looking at this as my last 2, but you guys now have me rethinking my last 3 or 4.

Would I be crazy to consider dropping Knebel (making Vizcaino my only closer  and giving me $50 for last 3) and keep this group to round out team?

You know your league better then we do, I personally would always rather keep SPs over RPs, RPs in most formats are traditionally easier to come by.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, svdude said:

So on 1...you would only have vizcaino as rp? Just for Daniel Murphy? Your offense is solid don't kill your RP for it. And you like having closers apparently. 

2...I still like and would be ok with that to be best balanced IMO

3...This isn't bad either with knebel closing still and Murphy.  

You need to decide if your going to be able to fill these RP spots adequately if you drop them. I like the balance of 2...you have no major issues your worried about needing to draft some position too early

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yusko9 said:

You know your league better then we do, I personally would always rather keep SPs over RPs, RPs in most formats are traditionally easier to come by.

There's quite a few keepers so I guess it depends on his knowledge of his league as u said to determine the RP pool