jonance

My Charlie Morton for Eduardo Nunez in H2H Auction Keeper..>WHIR

12 Team H2H Mixed League - Auction Keeper
$300 Cap - 6x6 (OPS/HLD)
YOU CAN RE-SIGN EXPIRING CONTRACTS AT 1.5x THE CURRENT VALUE FOR UP TO 5 YEARS

Coming off my 2nd championship in a row, and 4th in 9 years in this Auction Keeper...I'm still looking to improve

Was offered this:

HIS Eduardo Nunez ($9 re-sign up to 5 years)
for
MY Charlie Morton ($2 re-sign up to 5 years)

I'm wondering if this might be a chance to sell high on Morton and get a guy who in Yahoo has 2B/3B/SS/OF eligibility.  I had Marwin last year and it came in handy since we only bid once a week so an early week injury makes it hard to plug holes.    I do like Morton this year though...

Thoughts?

2dqnafd.jpg

Sell high on Morton? I like Morton better than his ADP this year. I'd trade Cole or Verlander before him. I'm sure how much long term value Nunez is going to have.

I would make that trade. Nunez is great injury insurance with his eligibility and those SBs are very nice. 

Also Morton has been in the MLB for years and has really only been so-so in that time. He is not a big loss and I thin you will be able to find someone in FA that can give you what he does. 

Def get Nunez onto you're team. He can play a lot of different spots and that multi elig is always nice to have. 

Man, guys pointing at the "he's been in the league for years" sort of arguments on Morton (both here and other sites) are doing so without context. He started throwing with velocity. 

His average fastball velocity last year was 95.6 MPH. He's sinker was 94.7. 2016 was about the same, both up several MPH from earlier in his career. 

If you want to sell high on Morton, I get up, but Nunez does not fit that description. Charlie Morton for $2, who has the potential to be as good as anyone on your rotation not named Noah, is a steal versus a $9 bench bat. 

I don't think you can trade Morton for this, at all. I think if you're trading Morton, it needs to be on a guy for considerable upside or something, not Nunez. Especially with his salary factored in. I'd hold Morton.