• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Fuzzy_Slippers

Freddie Freeman 2018 Outlook

Tbh, I think he's produced this year the kind of numbers we all expected Goldy to produce this season...even down to the 6 SBs so far. 

56 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Tbh, I think he's produced this year the kind of numbers we all expected Goldy to produce this season...even down to the 6 SBs so far. 

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness, Freeman seems like the clear NL MVP at this point.  Scherzer, Belt (pre-surgery), potentially Scooter all just kinda looking up at the moment IMO.

• Like 1

He is out of the game now after getting hit by CC on the back of his arm above the elbow.

Hopefully its just a bone bruise.  I didn't like the way he was nursing it on the walk to first base.  The trainer didn't come out to talk to him.

Didn’t look to be in much pain and atleast it’s not the same spot he usually gets hit in.  I’m guessing precautionary cause of score, I can hope. 

Posted (edited)

Contusion. Should be back tomorrow or the next day hopefully.

worst feeling in the world seeing a Freeman thread get bumped because you know it’s because of an injury of some sort.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

Braves manager Brian Snitker said that Freeman (triceps) is "fine" and will likely be included in the lineup Thursday in Milwaukee, David O'Brien of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Atlanta received a scare when Freeman was hit by a pitch in the right triceps during a second-inning at-bat, which later resulted in the slugger's departure from the contest. Freeman felt some tightness shortly after the beaning, but it seems his removal was mostly precautionary. If the first baseman is able to complete batting practice Thursday without any complications, he shouldn't be forced to miss any time due to the injury.

He seems to always get a significant injury when HBP. Happened last season, this season earlier. Any time he is HBP you have to be on your toes. This one doesnt seem like much (knock on wood)

Can I get something that resembles a hot streak?? Been kind of meh the last 2 months. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Can I get something that resembles a hot streak?? Been kind of meh the last 2 months. 

Could be worse.  You could have drafted Joey Votto.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Could be worse.  You could have drafted Joey Votto.

I traded Lester, Ozuna and Votto for Freeman. The whole trade turned out to be very underwhelming for both sides. But I'll give this to Freeman, he's not a black hole in my lineup, total set it and forget it so I appreciate that. I just expected more power and RBI from him in that lineup.

4 minutes ago, Grace17 said:

I traded Lester, Ozuna and Votto for Freeman. The whole trade turned out to be very underwhelming for both sides. But I'll give this to Freeman, he's not a black hole in my lineup, total set it and forget it so I appreciate that. I just expected more power and RBI from him in that lineup.

That is a s--- ton to give up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Yeah, Lester and ozuna’s Names more valuable than production. Wouldn’t have kept either player. Votto for Freeman was pretty easy. 

Edited by Grace17
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Honestly, it's not really.

Lester and Ozuna are worthless. Sure they're rosterable, but they have no "value"

Well I guess this explains the problem last two months, not swinging at strikes. 😩

He’s on pace for at, or near, career highs in almost every category. I bet there’s a hot streak soon to get his HR and SLG on a similar pace. 

Pace is .315/27/103/102/10 

Doesnt seem like their entire lineup is clicking right now. If it does, it could be very dangerous. 

13 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

He’s on pace for at, or near, career highs in almost every category. I bet there’s a hot streak soon to get his HR and SLG on a similar pace. 

Pace is .315/27/103/102/10 

Doesnt seem like their entire lineup is clicking right now. If it does, it could be very dangerous. 

true him and Albies have looked awful for the past two weeks.  Seems like Camargo/Markakis are the ones consistently driving in runs.

We've seen Freddy go on some nice power streaks in the past. The plate discipline mentioned above shows maybe he's pressing too much I guess. Curious what you guys think ROS as far as the power output.

You guy's feel he's going on a homer spree at some point ?

I agree rest if his numbers are great, though been a little light on the HRs for a while, hopefully is due for some correction in his favor.