Fuzzy_Slippers

Freddie Freeman 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

16 walks in 40 ABs. Tied for the lead with Harper I believe. OBP gold. 

• Like 1

Stole a bag today too. He had 8 SB in 440 AB last year... maybe he can flirt with 10-12 this year if he avoids another freak injury.

hit on left wrist he broke last year and immediately exited game.  Wow

Edited by The Waker

Have no shares. Freeman just got hit on same wrist he broke last year. He walked off the field and could not even move the wrist. 

The trainer didn't even come out; Freeman just put his head down and walked to the dugout. Sad.

Praying for good news here for Freeman... but it definitely didn't look good.  

5 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Have no shares. Freeman just got hit on same wrist he broke last year. He walked off the field and could not even move the wrist. 

The "could not move the wrist part" is tad exaggeration.  It wasn't really clear, he wasn't holding it or anything it was just hanging like his other one

2 minutes ago, The Waker said:

The "could not move the wrist part" is tad exaggeration.  It wasn't really clear, he wasn't holding it or anything it was just hanging like his other one

well it didn't look good

• Like 1

He was carrying the bat in his right hand when he slowly walked off the field. Watching the game and replays to me it looked like it hit the right hand. The live version looked like it hit the end of the bat but that pretty well sinks seven off my teams depending on the severity.

The aspect of it that looked bad was how he just walked right into the dugout with no hesitation. Before the trainers could even get out to him. Almost like he knew something was seriously wrong. 

If there is any saving grace, it looked like it hit more 'flesh' than bone, ie. not either of the bones at the end joining the hand. No medical expert, at all, but I hope for Freddie owners it's just bad bruise.

Edited by BigPapi44
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

The aspect of it that looked bad was how he just walked right into the dugout with no hesitation. Before the trainers could even get out to him. Almost like he knew something was seriously wrong. 

You're right, but that could be taken both ways.  Maybe Freddie just knows the best thing for him to do at that point was to go get an Xray and make sure he was okay since it was the same exact place he got hit last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

He was carrying the bat in his right hand when he slowly walked off the field. Watching the game and replays to me it looked like it hit the right hand. The live version looked like it hit the end of the bat but that pretty well sinks seven off my teams depending on the severity.

It hit his left hand

Sucks for owners of other players in their lineup, but the worst part of it is for Freeman, the team, and his owners.  He was off to a great start, and obviously so were the Braves compared to expectations.  That's just ridiculous that it may have happened all over again, whether it is the hand or the wrist.

Edited by KilloWertz