Fuzzy_Slippers

Freddie Freeman 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Did not look good. They did by side from last year same reaction. Geez

Edited by SKYWASKO

3 minutes ago, thefamily79 said:

Why all batters don't wear wrist and elbow protection is beyond me.

Because u need range of motion in joints.  U can’t have an articulated wrist guard where he got hit and hit effectively.   

Fred McGriff spoke about this in ST- Guess I should have listened. 

https://www.myajc.com/sports/baseball/mcgriff-former-slugger-opines-freeman-braves-prospects/EAsTfzyY72OnYJNvTBgSaN/amp.html

From a hitting standpoint, sometimes Freddie flies open (rotates shoulders toward pitcher) and his hands are exposed to getting hit by pitches. When teams are throwing inside, he makes a little move that exposes his hands (trying to get out of the way of a pitch). If you turn this way (McGriff demonstrates, turns his front shoulder and head toward the catcher) your hands are hidden and you never get hit on your hands. But if you expose them you get hit. 

That’s always the sticking point, because teams are going to have to pitch him in at times, because if you keep throwing him away he keeps hitting the ball out of the ballpark. So you have to try to come in. Most of the time when you go back and look at replays, most of the time when he gets hit they’re not trying to throw at him, it's just that the ball is a little bit off the plate, and he exposes his hands and they get hit. It’s probably hard to correct it now at this point. But that’s what happens to him when he gets hit. Because you’ve got to keep him healthy.

If you turn this way (front shoulder flies open) you expose yourself to getting hit in the face, getting hit in the hands, stuff like that. If you turn the correct way, you protect yourself”

Edited by SportsBrain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why the hell didn't he learn from the last time that happened?? 

TURN AWAY FREDDIE!

18 minutes ago, cs3 said:

TURN AWAY FREDDIE!

I find it hard to believe that if Freddie could alter his approach at the plate so he would turn away that he would have already corrected that.  It's very likely just his instinct to turn open instead.  He's done it his entire career.

Edited by Zig Zag
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

I find it hard to believe that if Freddie could alter his approach at the plate so he would turn instead that he would have already corrected that.  It's very likely just his instinct to turn open instead.  He's done it his entire career.

Yep.   See the above article quoting The Crime Dog.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phatrat said:

The bad part is he walked off like he knew it was bad. The good part is maybe he is overreacting since he's had this happen before. Unfortunately, it's probably the bad version 

1 minute ago, kidtwentytwo said:

There is?

Yes, because the results haven't returned yet. Keep the faith man 

Good grief I am tired of my players getting hit on the freaking hands/wrists. ?

#Braves will update Freddie Freeman's condition soon, but there is cautious optimism that he may have avoided a major injury.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cyberer said:

#Braves will update Freddie Freeman's condition soon, but there is cautious optimism that he may have avoided a major injury.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

TURN AWAY FREDDIE!

He did this on purpose to mess up your fantasy baseball team.For this,he should be hated!

@Jim_Powell
Following Following @Jim_Powell
More Jim Powell Retweeted 680 The Fan & 93.7FM
As starting pitcher in the game removed in 6th inning, McCarthy may well have been in the medical areas receiving post-appearance treatment while @FreddieFreeman5 was initially assessed by the medical team. I sure hope he is right. His comments aired first on @BravesRadioNet.Jim Powell added,
680 The Fan & 93.7FM
Verified account

@680TheFan
McCarthy on Freeman: "Hopefully he's ok. I wasn't here last year. This one doesn't seem terrible at the get go but let's hope that tomorrow shows up the same and he's ready to go" #Braves
12:19 AM - 19 Apr 2018

Results are inconclusive. More tests tomorrow. He’s on my team in 2 of my leagues... Considering I’m also a Braves fan, this really sucks for me. I can’t imagine how he feels right now. I hope it’s just a bruise but yeah.

Edited by Thenewwildone8
Error

Wow I don’t check the box scores until now snd this happens.  Wow. 

Freeman will be evaluated again Thursday morning, but it appears he avoided the devastation that would have come with another wrist fracture
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, cyberer said:
Freeman will be evaluated again Thursday morning, but it appears he avoided the devastation that would have come with another wrist fracture

???????

So we should get confirmation that Freddy is fine hopefully by latest mid day, it’s killing me.  Please Freddy don’t break my heart and have another broken wrist. ?