Jyeatbvg

Trevor Story 2018 Outlook

5 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Does anyone have any idea/speculation on if SS prospect Brenden Rodgers continues to progress quickly having an impact on Story's time at SS when he gets promoted? 

Can Story play another position or does Rodgers? I'm considering targeting Story in my dynasty league but Rodgers lurking concerns me. 

Story is considered a way better defensive player than Rodgers who is being groomed more for 2B now.   SS is Story's.  Plus Rodgers hit a speed bump in the minors.  Probably no longer a top 10 prospect at this point.

5 hours ago, UberRebel said:

BA almost up to .280 seriously what has gotten into this guy?

He’s good

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tsh00k said:

The Rockies also have Garrett Hampson on the way which complicates things.  Story is a great baseball player and is indispensable at this pace.  However, the roles have easily been reversed with DJ on who's the 1st man out the past few years.  Since DJ is a free agent next year, all signs point to me to Rodgers at 2nd next year, but can't forget Hampson is a league above Rodgers.  

The Rockies generally make terrible decisions esp finally as pertains to young players so who knows 

has 4 home games (vs AZ) week 1  of playoffs,  0 home games 2nd rd then, 7 home games in championship rd

would that 2nd rd be any reason to trade him for those in h2h?  his home away splits are extreme but he has swiped 7 bags on the road

Leading the entire league in RBIs. Been REAL quiet from the haters in here for a while.

• Like 4

On 1/25/2018 at 1:35 PM, Travis Burten said:

Don't draft this guy lol, he will plummet you with his .220-15hr bat. For all those who rememberred my stance on Trevor Story at the beginning of last year, also remember that I touted Brendan Rodgers as someone that could take over Story at some point after the ASB if Story continues to struggle. Most of everyone laughed at the mere thought of Rodgers taking over Story in March of 2017, but now it almost seems like a probability eh?

Did you mean 15 HR bat by Mid June?  😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Did you mean 15 HR bat by Mid June?  😉

Haha, he's done great this year. Really baffling to me still, but it is what it is. 

• Like 6

Story is crushing it in June. His K Rate is down to 25% but over the last month it has to be Lower than that since he struggled with Ks early on.  He’s tied for the NL lead in RBI. He has 16 Homers , 10 SBs and is hitting .264/.332 OBP. 

He wont win any batting titles but  I’m hoping he can keep that average around .260-.270. 

This was 4 days ago 

Story continued his torrid June, during which he has hit five home runs and tallied 17 RBI. He's now on pace for 36 home runs, 124 RBI, and 20 steals, and remains an elite option at shortstop for as long as he stays in Colorado, at least.

• Like 1

His Average is up to .276 with a .341 OBP.

Hes been making good contact lately. 

Last 7 games (I think all of his games this week were away from Coors)

.407 average and 4 (four) K’s in 28 plate appearances

last 15 games: 

.295 Average and 13 Ks in 64 plate appearances 

last 30 games:

.336 average and 26 Ks in 130 plate appearances

Ks are down to 20% over his last 30 (and 15) games. 

Over his last 7 games his K Rate is like 14%

He’s not walking a lot but I’ll take it. 

His improvement in contact is remarkable. I’m looking forward to reading a fangraphs article in the future discussing changes he made.

He’s a legit top 35 hitter now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

why now? you see him fading?

I don't think July & August will serve him well. Just from the stuff I've seen and tracked. Then again, I was wrong before too haha

29 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

I don't think July & August will serve him well. Just from the stuff I've seen and tracked. Then again, I was wrong before too haha

summer months in coors is a not a time to be selling any rockies.  if you are nervous of an injury, i guess, but hes no more likely to get injured than any other player...

I don’t see him as a sell-high necessarily, I think he’s just generally a streaky hitter. I’m sure a cold spell is coming at some point but he’s still got a decent shot at 30 HR and 100 RBI if he can stay healthy.

1 hour ago, Travis Burten said:

What have you seen and tracked? 

3 hours ago, herschel said:

but hes no more likely to get injured than any other player...

Definitely less likely to get injured than David Dahl...........:lol:

Do you guys see Story as a Dozier type in the future?? Something like:

.240-.250 AVG, 100 R, 35 HR, 80-90 RBI, 15-20 SB ....

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

Do you guys see Story as a Dozier type in the future?? Something like:

.240-.250 AVG, 100 R, 35 HR, 80-90 RBI, 15-20 SB ....

id say a few more rbi and a few less sb, but yeah pretty much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2018 at 3:19 PM, Travis Burten said:

Career

A:  330 Games  67 HRs   26 SBs  .248 ISO   30.9K   8.5 BB    .261/.329/.509   .353 wOBA

B:   451 Games  64 HRs   44 SBs  .191 ISO  28.3K    4.8BB     .261/.304/.452   .318 wOBA

A: 88 Games  16 HRs   11 SBs   .240 ISO   25.1%   8.0 BB   .282/.347/.522  .368 wOBA

B: 83 Games  17 HRs   16 SBs   .271 ISO   24.9%   3.7 BB   .294/.327/.561   .370 wOBA

A= Trevor Story  age 25

B= Javier Baez  age 25

Its time you actually explain what you are talking about here. I see you fawning over Baez his thread. Yet over here its this? 2 players that are the same age and are having similar years as hitters. Both guys have improved on cutting their K% downs as they head into their respective primes.

I get the Fantasy appeal of Baez stealing more bases, but as hitters. There is no reason to believe Story is more likely to have "rough" time as Baez going forward. Whatever Advantage Baez gets from his Bat speed, Story has made up in actually having a clue about pitch recognition/Plate discipline and getting play half his games at Coors.  

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 3

Last night he had his 6th straight multi hit game.

since the beginning of June he is slashing 

.357/.388/.615 with 6 homers, 4 steals, 23 RBI , 19 runs in 35 games.

he has been on fire for about 6 weeks now. 

I hope he keeps it up

• Like 2

If only this guy would make some contact...

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 1:19 PM, Travis Burten said:

.440 in July with an 1.189 OPS.  Let me know the stuff you tracked so I can do the exact opposite!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

.440 in July with an 1.189 OPS.  Let me know the stuff you tracked so I can do the exact opposite!

Let's check back September 1st bud. 

• Haha 2