Jyeatbvg

Trevor Story 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

[ Several comments removed.  "Don't talk about this player" is not a useful contribution to the community. If you don't want to talk about a player.... don't talk about the player. ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let's hope a nice tall glass of Coors helps him out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He appears to be taking a lot of pitches, going deep into counts (2-2, 3-2). Yet he still strikes out on off speed stuff with two strikes. He needs to make that final adjustment to check his swing and/or use his hands to fight off those tough strike two pitches. Bring on Coors!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First bomb and it was a big one - first of many to come!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

First bomb and it was a big one - first of many to come!

Cheers to Coors boys !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DConny1 said:

He appears to be taking a lot of pitches, going deep into counts (2-2, 3-2). Yet he still strikes out on off speed stuff with two strikes. He needs to make that final adjustment to check his swing and/or use his hands to fight off those tough strike two pitches. Bring on Coors!

Coors effect doesn't really help when you cant make contact.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Coors effect doesn't really help when you cant make contact.

This is the type of insight that keeps me coming back!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IDGAFOS said:

Coors effect doesn't really help when you cant make contact.

Anibal Sanchez 

Sean Newcomb

Clayton Richard

Joey Lucchisi

Luis Perdemo

 

all 5 in a row at home.  Could be some monster lines mixed in there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, IDGAFOS said:

Coors effect doesn't really help when you cant make contact.

 

Actually it does help hitters make contact because balls typically break less in the thin-air atmosphere, and is one of the most important aspects of the Coors effect.

 

Edited by taobball
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Trevor really on pace to hit a home run in every home game thus far?  Keep making that sweet, sweet contact, Trevor Story!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Is Trevor really on pace to hit a home run in every home game thus far?  Keep making that sweet, sweet contact, Trevor Story!!!

You sir are going to be my Trevor story friend lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 2:55 PM, taobball said:

 

Actually it does help hitters make contact because balls typically break less in the thin-air atmosphere, and is one of the most important aspects of the Coors effect.

 

I was talking about this hitter specifically if that wasn't 100% obvious.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

I was talking about this hitter specifically if that wasn't 100% obvious.  

 

I know, but the Coors Effect does help Story make contact. That was my point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Story with another great day - 2 hits on a day where the entire offense got shut out and shut down.  Just keep making that beautiful, sweet contact, Trevor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I really like Trevor, felt like he was a great value coming into drafts. That said his home/road splits tell the story.

 

Over his career:

 

Home: .278 / .346 / .581

Away: .223 / .295 / .422

 

Makes him really valuable in a daily moves league and if he can make any progression while away from Coors should drive significant profit.

 

Woukd also be great to see him live up the lineup at home - unfortunately don’t think that is in Bud Black’s DNA

 

Edited by mudrummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great goodness this man just keeps on hitting - the contact he makes is a thing to behold.  What an awesome player!  Hope you all got on him while you could!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2018 at 8:43 PM, mudrummer said:

Woukd also be great to see him live up the lineup at home - unfortunately don’t think that is in Bud Black’s DNA

 

Story hit cleanup last night vs a lefty at home. That's encouraging. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BMcP said:

Great goodness this man just keeps on hitting - the contact he makes is a thing to behold.  What an awesome player!  Hope you all got on him while you could!

 

Lmao i applaud the sarcasm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

 

Lmao i applaud the sarcasm

 

No sarcasm, Travis.  Trevor is doing just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Coors aided his ability to make contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he ever figured out how to make contact with a baseball, he would be quite good.  

 

At least, so I assume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

If he ever figured out how to make contact with a baseball, he would be quite good.  

 

At least, so I assume.

It’s a conundrum.  Can’t figure out how a guy at Coors can’t be aided by making more contact in the thin air.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, he’s literally failed to hit a homer in only two home games thus far.  Amazing.

 

 

contact.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I mean, he’s literally failed to hit a homer in only two home games thus far.  Amazing.

 

 

contact.

Homer and SB.

 

if only contact rates allowed him to not only reach base, but to also swipe bases.  We’ll keep hoping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now