Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood42

Elvis Andrus 2018 Outlook

On 6/17/2018 at 11:06 AM, street sharks said:

Could be activated on Monday

Has been activated. Yet no chatter. Do people still not believe? Has he been forgotten about? Was hitting the ball well first couple weeks of the season before his injury. Hopefully he picks up right where he left off.

What is there to chatter about? Unless you have no DL slots at all I can't imagine he was on very many waiver wires. Happy to have him back, of course, but until we see him in action there isn't much to say. 

happy andrus day

really hope he isnt too rusty [Removed Cool Story] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Hopefully he got all his 0fers out of the way in the minors, will be nice to have him back especially if he’s doing the things he was to start the season. 

Went 1-24 on his rehab stint.

Off to an uninspiring 2-19 w/ 6K 2BB

Everyone on TEX is having a day but our guy Andrus.

Plenty of rust it seems.

Anyone think there could be some lingering issues with the elbow? Or just rust.

4 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Elvis owners out there - what are you doing with this guy. He's been terrible

Should be benched at the very least.

• Like 1

It is too bad he got injured so early, he came out of the gate white hot those first 14 or so games.

Try and remember he missed 2 months with a fracture in his dominant arm/elbow, to come back to a team with no chance to do anything this summer but melt in that ridiculous outdoor ballpark.

It's going to be an injury claimed year for him, those that drafted him just ran into some bad luck.

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

0 steals on the year. This dude is useless.

It is a bit surprising to me that he is not running AT ALL. He's been on base 20 - 30 times since coming off the DL, I would've expected to see at least 3 attempts in that time, going by his career rate.

What kinda stats are we expecting from this guy ROS? I get that he's rusty but I'm getting impatient. 

17 minutes ago, collucho said:

What kinda stats are we expecting from this guy ROS? I get that he's rusty but I'm getting impatient. 

Outside of runs and 10 or 12 steals, I'm not expecting much. Last year's power was an outlier, I don't see a significant number of HR or RBI happening in the 2nd half. Not expecting anything spectacular.

Don't look now but Elvis has either a HR or SB in 3 straight games and 6 out of his last 9.

Last 7 days - 5 Runs, 7 Hits, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 2 SB, 13 TB, .429 OBP

Looks like the rust may be off.

Even in deep leagues he probably can be dropped for a hot bat on the wire.

But who has the guts to do that?  Even I do not.

18 hours ago, street sharks said:

Over the last month (plus?) he has 0 HR and 0 SB

giphy.gif

Players that miss two months never recover.  They become useless.  Too much time to make up.  

I do not know if his elbow is still bothering him or effecting his play.  I find it hard to believe a guy can have his elbow shattered and come back in two months and play at a high level.  Probably still some weakness there.  

18 hours ago, B&F said:

giphy.gif

Players that miss two months never recover.  They become useless.  Too much time to make up.  

So is this a rule? The same way gravity is a rule?

Josh donaldson missed 6 weeks in 2017. then went on to hit 31 HRs rest of season.

Elvis confirming why I (usually) never draft shortstops early in the draft. We keep 6 and 1 NA and I took him in the first round. Anddd that worked well. I checked his advanced metrics and his xba/xslg were pretty poor last year and have been poor this year as well. Glad I know more about that site so I don’t pick Elvis 2.0 next year. Will be dumping him shortly if he continues to do absolutely nothing. 

Edited by KrunK

Im giving him until the end of the weekend. Playoffs start Monday. If he doesn't produce by Sunday he is gone as I prepare for playoffs

I am a believer that last year was somewhat real and next season he will provide value at his ADP.  Just a lost season this year.