• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
psygolf

Derrick Henry 2018 Outlook

I think he has average Jordan Howard #s next season.  Safe 3rd rd pick...13-14 ppg ppr.

24 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I think he has average Jordan Howard #s next season.  Safe 3rd rd pick...13-14 ppg ppr.

Are you of the opinion that Murray will be out the door?

Just now, petekrum said:

Are you of the opinion that Murray will be out the door?

He'll take his 6.5M cap hit out the door with him...obviously, the Titans will be in the market for rbs to comp Henry.

The misspelling was an amazing touch :lol:

• Haha 2

I don't expect Murray to be much of a factor if he's on or off the team, and I expect him to be off.  I also expect the Titans to take an RB in the draft, how high they pick and how good he is will determine Henry's value in 2018.

• Like 1

Mularkey gone is a great first step.  We have to see who Tennessee hires to replace him, though.  Murray should be gone, but if Murray somehow returns, look out.

Watching Titans games this season i was always thinking why does the DH dude run so high and doesnt get small and low to the ground? Then I realized he is a big rb :lol:

I think the Malarkey firing is due in part to this.  Misuse of your weapons, and refusal to adapt. Henry should have been the 1a most of the season with Murray on 3rd downs and to spell Henry as needed.

I don't necessarily think Murray is gone (they could just ask for a pay cut), but I don't think he returns to the starter role.

54 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Mularkey gone is a great first step.  We have to see who Tennessee hires to replace him, though.  Murray should be gone, but if Murray somehow returns, look out.

Yeah, let's see who the next HC will be but they have to be better offensively than Mularkey and OC Robiskie.  Have to assume DMurray is gone too but will have to see if they use a high draft pick or spend significant FA dollars on another RB (don't see that happening but you never know).  

Edited by J.T. Marlin

6 hours ago, oban14 said:

I don't expect Murray to be much of a factor if he's on or off the team, and I expect him to be off.  I also expect the Titans to take an RB in the draft, how high they pick and how good he is will determine Henry's value in 2018.

If they take a RB, it will be in the later rounds, and strictly for depth purposes.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, petekrum said:

If they take a RB, it will be in the later rounds, and strictly for depth purposes.

Yeah no chance they would draft 1 early.

8 hours ago, psygolf said:

Am I the only one who thinks he's going to be an early 2nd round pick?  3rd round is a dream come August.

• Like 1

It seems a little early to even bother speculating at this point.  What do we even know about the ‘18 situation at the moment - essentially nothing?

58 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Am I the only one who thinks he's going to be an early 2nd round pick?  3rd round is a dream come August.

There's just zero chance the Titans do not add another talented rb, imo...come August I think he could settle down in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

In PPR? Unless he turns into Gurley  3.0 used in the passing game and getting +25 touches per game and that offense opens up.

I dont  see an early 2nd rd pick

Edited by dashoe

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

If Murray is gone he doesn’t come close to reaching the 3rd. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, psygolf said:

There's just zero chance the Titans do not add another talented rb, imo...come August I think he could settle down in the 3rd.

Most teams add depth in the draft. I doubt the Titans invest another early round pick in a RB with a similar skill set. I could see 4th or 5th round pick on RB or later. And bringing in some UDFA's or veteran FA if they cut Murray. The best case would be for them to ask Murray to take a pay cut and use the veteran to spell Henry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Most teams add depth in the draft. I doubt the Titans invest another early round pick in a RB with a similar skill set. I could see 4th or 5th round pick on RB or later. And bringing in some UDFA's or veteran FA if they cut Murray. The best case would be for them to ask Murray to take a pay cut and use the veteran to spell Henry.

I believe the one position this draft is deep in is RB

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

In PPR? Unless he turns into Gurley  3.0 used in the passing game and getting +25 touches per game and that offense opens up.

I dont  see an early 2nd rd pick

He will never be Gurley 3.0 since he just doesnt' have the same skill set.  But in my opinion he has top 10-20 upsided at RB if they don't draft another RB.  The issue with Henry is he doesn't fit in todays game unless you put in perfect situation.  As I have always said I like henry and think he is talented. But I would be surprised to see any team make him a unquestioned number 1 next year.

With Murray gone he settles in easily as a low end RB1, high end RB2. I wouldn’t necessarily want him as my RB1, but I’d gladly take him as my RB2.

• Like 1

I'm a fan and he's one of my keepers obviously, but unless they draft an RB that really lights it up or is a high pick I see him going in the late second round.  The pendulum keeps swinging between WRs and RBs as being over/undervalued and that will probably have more to do with where he gets drafted other than an injury/RB competition on the team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I see we are getting a head start on beating the 2017 outlook of 180+ pages 

Lol and Cleats hasn't made it to this thread yet.  I expect at least 80 pages by april.

39 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Lol and Cleats hasn't made it to this thread yet.  I expect at least 80 pages by april.

Given that the ”Derrick” is misspelled, he has yet to receive his auto-notification that Derrick Henry’s name is being mentioned somewhere on the world-wide web. Give him some time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So roto can run a bad John/Todd Kelly story...but I can't keep my Derick thread?   smh