Homerj24

Wilson Ramos 2018 Outlook

This guy was a monster in 2016 before his knee surgery. Went into the offseason healthy. Any chance of him returning as a top option again at catcher?

1 hour ago, Homerj24 said:

This guy was a monster in 2016 before his knee surgery. Went into the offseason healthy. Any chance of him returning as a top option again at catcher?

Oh yeah in the top half dozen if he can stay off the DL.  And in last year of his 2 year deal with the Rays.  They will be looking to flip him to a contender sooner than later is my guess.

If the Nats talks to try and trade for Realmundo fall through hey wouldn't that be funny if they try to get Ramos back later this season, haha.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

He'll get a lot of starts at C and DH playing for the Rays.  Also will bat towards the middle of the order.  I have him on one of my teams that I lost Sal Perez on so hopefully he pulls it together.

The entire Rays line up looks pitiful.

1 hour ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

The entire Rays line up looks pitiful.

Who wouldn't want to trot out this lineup:

Duffy               .259

Keirmaier       .071

Gomez           .091

Cron               .190

Ramos           .130

Miller             .190

Hechavar      .222

Robertson     .250

Refsynder     .000

• Haha 2

I didnt expect much out of Ramos with the lineup around him - but man - hes killing me with few replacements around - is he gonna get it going and at least hit for an average of some sort and not just be good for a strikeout each game and nothing else ......

i couldnt stomach this guy any longer... had to buy low on gary sanchez

7 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

Please take comments like these to the CSB thread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

We don't care about your stomach, and who you bought low on, 

^ No kidding

So Ramos will likely get a breather today.  His probable line for week 1 will be 3 for 26 with one run scored.  I don’t usually expect much out of my C slot, but this was heinous.

I thought this guy was a hitter?? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, midlip said:

I thought this guy was a hitter?? :rolleyes:

He is slugging .162. What else do you want from a guy?

Can’t even drop him cause there is no one better on the wire...ugh 

If he’s not hitting for a decent catcher avg (I’ll settle for like 260) then I really can’t see myself holding on. The counting stats are gonna be abismal , even if he does hit really well.

28 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

If he’s not hitting for a decent catcher avg (I’ll settle for like 260) then I really can’t see myself holding on. The counting stats are gonna be abismal , even if he does hit really well.

I was hoping he'd get traded to the Nats,but their backup guy is better than the suckage of Matt Weiters,so they're in a bind.Maybe he'll go to the Mets soon.

• Like 1

I added him, he’s a good hitter just going through a slump, has a solid enough track record that he’ll be fine 

• Like 1

I dropped him for Iannetta and I now feel like it might have been too hasty but we'll see how it plays out. I just like the situation for Iannetta better; hitting 2nd in the Rockies stacked top portion of the lineup and plays half his games in COL vs Ramos who is in the bottom half of a poor Rays lineup and plays in a pitchers park. I just think when you're looking at catchers after the top 3 there isn't much of a difference between the rest of the pack. I could be wrong and Ramos could wind up being the better play but it was a risk I was willing to take.

I know he has just started coming around but I thought going back to last season that one of the benefits to him going to the AL was him being used at DH on days he isn't catching. Bit of a bummer if that isn't the case

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

I know he has just started coming around but I thought going back to last season that one of the benefits to him going to the AL was him being used at DH on days he isn't catching. Bit of a bummer if that isn't the case

In my opinion, that would be the case, but he isn't hitting, when he starts hitting on a consistent bases, he'll get more opportunities .

12 minutes ago, Topgun said:

In my opinion, that would be the case, but he isn't hitting, when he starts hitting on a consistent bases, he'll get more opportunities .

He's 5/13 over his last 3 games, he should be DHing over Gomez, Span, Field & Smith honestly. Pretty ridiculous that Denard Span and Johnny Freakin' Fields are getting ABs over him.

He needs a couple weeks of having better at bats, not just a few games, once he gets hot he will DH more because they certainly can’t afford to sit one of their better hitters 2-3 games a week.

Not to overreact to a HR but he's starting to show signs of life.  Getting on base consistently and starting to accrue some R/RBI even in a bad lineup.  Dropped below 50% ownership in ESPN but I don't think that will last much longer.