Homerj24

Wilson Ramos 2018 Outlook

Posted (edited)

people were way too quick to cut.  He's just getting warmed up and rounding into form.

Average going  up gradually.  Power stroke will come.

If possible I would platoon him with Suzuki whenever the other one is out.

Edited by JetsAwesome

On 4/8/2018 at 10:00 AM, Topgun said:

We don't care about your stomach, and who you bought low on, 

calm the f down

He's been on fire lately! 3/3 his last game. Injury isn't serious apparently. This is the Ramos we drafted. 

• Like 1

the Wild Buffalo is 3/3 today so far up to 320 avg wise

one of the rays only decent hitters if i didnt have zunino id have added ramos

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

14 game hit streak now

This was the catcher we all drafted him to be! 11 RBI's in the past 2 weeks as well. 

• Like 1

Left the game due to injury? Apparently got hit on his glove hand by a swing, can anyone confirm?

let's just hope it was precautionary 

6 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

Here comes the annual Ramos DL trip

OK Debbie Downer.

He got hit by a swing trying to catch the ball, you know, doing his job. What's he suppose to do, not catch balls thrown from his pitcher?

5 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

OK Debbie Downer.

He got hit by a swing trying to catch the ball, you know, doing his job. What's he suppose to do, not catch balls thrown from his pitcher?

Got hit by a pitch

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Got hit by a pitch

Damn, somehow I read "hit by pitch" to "hit by swing"...

hopefully avoiding the dl....

Ramos (hand) is confident he will avoid a trip to the disabled list after Tuesday's loss to the Red Sox, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports.

Ramos suffered a bruised left hand on a pitch in the dirt during the third inning of Tuesday's game, causing numbness around the base of his thumb. The diagnosis of a bruise is good news for the veteran catcher, but it wouldn't be surprising to see him given a couple days off to avoid aggravating the issue, which would leave Tampa Bay's catching duties to Jesus Sucre.

On 5/22/2018 at 5:20 PM, DemOrioles said:

Here comes the annual Ramos DL trip

Not yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Nats sure could have used his bat this season:

1st in HR

1st in RBI

3rd in wRC+

4th in wOBA

5th in OPS

Ramos is batting .351 with a .901 OPS and a 153 wRC+ with Runners in Scoring Position.

The Nats catchers have a 47 wRC+, .243 wOBA and .549 OPS so far this season….

He was crud last season while he recovered though.  Now the Nats, or anybody else (Hello Boston?) could trade for him when he back healthy. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Baseball Jonze said:

He was crud last season while he recovered though.  Now the Nats, or anybody else (Hello Boston?) could trade for him when he back healthy. 

There is bad blood between him and the Nats because of the way they threw him to the curb when he got injured and retracted any offer to him not having the patience to wait through his recovery which includes coming back  weaker and "crud" at first.  This after him giving them one of gthe best seasons any catcher has had in  recent memory.  So Nats got what they deserved.  "Crud" in the form of Wieters instead and Jeter demanding their first and second born to get Realmuto.

I'd love to see him in a Red Sox uni but Boston made a very bad decision in the off season and gave Vasquez a multi-year deal they are locked into believing that he had learned to hit late last year.  it was fools gold and now they are stuck with him or paying a large part of his multi-year deal to move him. 

I guess they could offer their new number two catcher, old friend Blake Swihart, to TB for Ramos.  Swihart, IF he can get regular ABs and get into a groove, can hit and is under contract for a few years.  But I think they stand pat and use Leon chiefly (who is a good pitch calling catcher) and Swihart until Vasquez comes back in late August or early September. 

About his pitch calling and ability to handle the staff.  Leon is trusted big time by Chris Sale.  He had tried Vasquez twice in the past and immediately came back to Leon who is his personal catcher by any other name now.  So now Porcello wants Leon only too.  I don't think either one wants to be switching catchers any more the rest of the season.

I think Ramos is a good fit in Seattle with Zunino injured and in Atlanta as an upgrade and certainly in Houston where he makes the most sense of all.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

He’s the best hitter in the rays lineup. Anyone know why he is sitting every third day?

59 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

He’s the best hitter in the rays lineup. Anyone know why he is sitting every third day?

Day after a night game. He should be DHing when he doesn't start

He's a catcher coming off a knee injury. Plus the rays have played a lot of extra innings games lately in which he's caught the game. 

Its been a repeated pattern of 2 on 1 off...2 on 1 off. This has been going on for awhile. Its got to be more than day game after night game. Is it possible that the rays with nothing to play for are protecting a trade asset?

There is a report that the Astros have talked to the Rays about Ramos. Since McCann got hurt the Astros could use some help at catcher. 

Would love to see this happen although I’m not sure where he would hit in the Astros lineup. 

Maybe 6th?

Just now, Under500Forever said:

There is a report that the Astros have talked to the Rays about Ramos. Since McCann got hurt the Astros could use some help at catcher. 

Would love to see this happen although I’m not sure where he would hit in the Astros lineup. 

Maybe 6th?

I wonder if he would get to DH still on his off days from catching