• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Homerj24

Wilson Ramos 2018 Outlook

Let's be fair and check the number of games Ramos played in each year in Washington. And the first year in TB he had only 62 games at catcher and one at DH. There was no guarantee how he would come back from a serious knee injury.

If the cost of Realmuto was Robles there was no way that trade should have been made.

The Rays signed him for that first year for 4m and one of the first incentives was to catch 55 games for another 2m. Not exactly a vote of confidence.

Phillies traded for Ramos at the deadline with the Rays getting the infamous player to be determined later or cash considerations. He was on the DL at the time of the trade. The Phillies hoped he could play by September first. Phillies got 88 AB from Ramos

9 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The Nats treated like crap when he got injuries and withdrew their contract offer.  Bad blood between them as a result.  The Nats really needed a better catcher but they ONLY tried to trade for Realmuto this past year even though he would cost them more in trade than Ramos.  They never once tried to trade for Ramos which kind of confirms that too.

The Astros were kind of interested in trading for him this year but got outbid by the Phils.  Don't know if Molanado was a "rental" and is gone next season or not but if so then Houston would be a nice place for him to go for fantasy owners anyway.

Colorado would be a good landing spot for him too, they haven't had a decent hitting one for a few years now

12 hours ago, azeri98 said:

Colorado would be a good landing spot for him too, they haven't had a decent hitting one for a few years now

Wilson Ramos talked about working with the Mets rotation in September,  and they can use an upgrade at catcher.

PHILADELPHIA — Wilson Ramos isn’t about to jinx himself and start discussing free agency, but he will admit the Mets have the kind of starting pitching talent in place that might be appealing to a veteran catcher.

“I like to work with those kind of rotations they have because I feel like I can help with my experience,” the Phillies catcher said Monday at Citizens Bank Park.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/18/mets-get-up-close-look-at-their-potential-catching-solution/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Wilson Ramos talked about working with the Mets rotation in September,  and they can use an upgrade at catcher.

PHILADELPHIA — Wilson Ramos isn’t about to jinx himself and start discussing free agency, but he will admit the Mets have the kind of starting pitching talent in place that might be appealing to a veteran catcher.

“I like to work with those kind of rotations they have because I feel like I can help with my experience,” the Phillies catcher said Monday at Citizens Bank Park.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/18/mets-get-up-close-look-at-their-potential-catching-solution/

Noooo!  Get him to a GOOD hitting ballpark like Coors.  (Why do catchers have to caer about, you know, "catching."  Don't they know that isn't why we draft them, haha).  Also be cheap, Mets, and don't offer him too much in the off season so he goes elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Noooo!  Get him to a GOOD hitting ballpark like Coors.  (Why do catchers have to caer about, you know, "catching."  Don't they know that isn't why we draft them, haha).  Also be cheap, Mets, and don't offer him too much in the off season so he goes elsewhere.

The Mets need a catcher and a closer at the very, very least.   The Mets better not screw this up if Ramos is interested in working with the Mets staff.

Let them screw up the bullpen like usual.  They can always fix that at the deadline.

13 hours ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

The Mets need a catcher and a closer at the very, very least.   The Mets better not screw this up if Ramos is interested in working with the Mets staff.

Let them screw up the bullpen like usual.  They can always fix that at the deadline.

He's been injured the last few years the last team i would go to is the team with Dr. Kevorkian leading the medical staff

• Haha 2