Homerj24

Wilson Ramos 2018 Outlook

Just now, DemOrioles said:

Sitting for the 2nd day in a row.  If this is going to be the norm, I’d rather own Taylor Ward ROS.

I just don't understand? He was playing every day when they first activated him last week

I get it the Phillies are an offensive juggernaut lately,  sit Ramos to play Alfaro, Kapler is a F'n idiot, i hope they miss the playoffs because of that moron

Edited by azeri98
add

9 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Sitting for the 2nd day in a row.  If this is going to be the norm, I’d rather own Taylor Ward ROS.

Ramos needs to be on a team where he can DH.   Im a ramos owner and recomend having another c if you have the room. Ward has beem perfect because he plays every day.  A lot less stress if you have the room.

Gabe Kapler has to be the poster boy of overanalyzing.

"we’re really concerned with how we’re going to manage his health through the end of the season and into October".

You need to win now Gabe or else you'll be watching the games on tv in October.

Edited by Sine_cera

16 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Ramos needs to be on a team where he can DH.   Im a ramos owner and recomend having another c if you have the room. Ward has beem perfect because he plays every day.  A lot less stress if you have the room.

I thought he was with Tampa

He played 4 out of 5 from the 15th-19th but now he is sitting for the second game in a row (3 days off in a row). 

maybe Gabe is taking it easy on him but it didn’t seem that way when he played his first game for the Phillies. Granted he did come out mashing the first 2 games so maybe that kept him in the lineup 4 out of those 5.

i just hope this is just giving him some extra rest and not his hammy acting up. Maybe it has something to do with the ball that hit his wrist when he was catching Arrieta the other night. 

On 2018-09-07 at 7:38 PM, Zig Zag said:

Why is this guy sitting so much now?

He always seems to be nursing some sort of injury or ailment. This goes back years.  If you're in a daily league, another c is a necessity rather than a luxury with ramos.

4 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

He always seems to be nursing some sort of injury or ailment. This goes back years.  If you're in a daily league, another c is a necessity rather than a luxury with ramos.

Wilson has still been great when he plays recently but he's started very few games recently.   I just don't know if he is worthy of the roster spot if he is essentially going to be a glorified bench bat down the stretch. 

1 hour ago, Zig Zag said:

Wilson has still been great when he plays recently but he's started very few games recently.   I just don't know if he is worthy of the roster spot if he is essentially going to be a glorified bench bat down the stretch. 

He certainly doesnt hurt you the way many if not most catchers do.  Half of ramos is almost certainly better than anything on the wire.  The only way id actually cut him depends on the league. For context,id rather have a 2 start pitcher with an empty c slot than 16 ABs from ramos.  Alfaro is one of the best backup catchers in baseball if not the best,and overall not a huge step down which gives the Phillies the luxury of alternating them,which is expect them to continue to do.

Sometimes a trade can completely ruin a player's Fantasy value. This was one of those trades….

Please don't sign with the Phillies Wilson. You can do much better than this crap.

6 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Sometimes a trade can completely ruin a player's Fantasy value. This was one of those trades….

Please don't sign with the Phillies Wilson. You can do much better than this crap.

No kidding. The guy isnt even pinch hitting.I think ill just stay away from Phillies completely next year. Who knows whats going through kaplers head.

Where do you think Ramos will end up next year?  Because in The Year of the NOT Catcher he was a glowing beacon of hope.  There are certainly bigger FA names out there but he may be one of the biggest in the end given his skills and position.

I take it it won't be back in Philly with Knapp getting all the starts of late and screwing up my playoffs in the process.  Guess Alfaro and Knapp for them next year.

And why oh why oh why did my Red Sox sign Vasquez to that stupid freaking long term contract back last spring? 

Given a few "givens" on other teams, that leaves about two dozen teams left to think about.  They can trade for Realmunto but the Marlins wanted way too much last season and I don't see them changing their ways.  Or they can just throw some money Ramos' way and keep their better prospects.  Who will do what?   Hmmmm ...

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

19 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Where do you think Ramos will end up next year?  Because in The Year of the NOT Catcher he was a glowing beacon of hope.  There are certainly bigger FA names out there but he may be one of the biggest in the end given his skills and position.

I take it it won't be back in Philly with Knapp getting all the starts of late and screwing up my playoffs in the process.  Guess Alfaro and Knapp for them next year.

And why oh why oh why did my Red Sox sign Vasquez to that stupid freaking long term contract back last spring? 

Given a few "givens" on other teams, that leaves about two dozen teams left to think about.  They can trade for Realmunto but the Marlins wanted way too much last season and I don't see them changing their ways.  Or they can just throw some money Ramos' way and keep their better prospects.  Who will do what?   Hmmmm ...

Is it at all possible he does a dh/1b type thing somwwhere where he might get about 500 +ABs?

2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

Maybe he goes back to the Nats, they need one badly

The Nats treated like crap when he got injuries and withdrew their contract offer.  Bad blood between them as a result.  The Nats really needed a better catcher but they ONLY tried to trade for Realmuto this past year even though he would cost them more in trade than Ramos.  They never once tried to trade for Ramos which kind of confirms that too.

The Astros were kind of interested in trading for him this year but got outbid by the Phils.  Don't know if Molanado was a "rental" and is gone next season or not but if so then Houston would be a nice place for him to go for fantasy owners anyway.

• Like 1