osb_tensor

Rafael Devers 2018 Outlook

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while . Batting 6th , 3rd or leadoff . He still sucks !!!

It's from a couple days ago but Devers has hits in 7 consecutive games now including a HR yesterday.

• Like 3

On 6/10/2018 at 10:45 PM, mevins31 said:

He’s going to Pawtucket soon like I brought up in March 

No he isn't.  Who is going to play 3B then?  Holt?  No way.  Holt has no power and isn't exactly a gold glover either. 

Devers is fine.  There hasn't been even one whisper about him being demoting or Boston fans complaining about him.  Not happening.  Red Sox have the best record in baseball with him still in the line-up.  They are not suffering because of his bat ... or glove.  And he is way better than JBJ or Vasquez with a bat.  Catching is where the Sox need a hitting upgrade; not 3B. 

And they can live with his errors since he also has made some brilliant plays for which they don't keep stats you know.  That is why you need to see some guys in action and not in a box score. 

And there is no need to wring your hands because he isn't batting .300.  He tends to get his hits more in pressure situations which bodes well for the future.  He is here to stay.  And he will get better.  It's baseball, not single elimination March Madness stuff.  You know, the marathon and not a sprint.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

...and right on queue he socks a dong. Batting 6th in that lineup is so tempting...

i kept him after all =)

Devers is starting to look appealing again (maybe) in redrafts. The hit streak is nice, hard to ignore.

2/5 with a 3 run HR yesterday, hopefully this continues along with the sudden surge in steals.

• Like 1

If you have this kid in dynasty you have to expect ups and downs like this - heck brian dozier does this every year and hes an established vet - but I love the fact that he seems to be coming out of it. I don't really get excited about a prospect until they have struggled at the MLB level and come out the other side. 

• Like 2