• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
osb_tensor

Rafael Devers 2018 Outlook

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while . Batting 6th , 3rd or leadoff . He still sucks !!!

It's from a couple days ago but Devers has hits in 7 consecutive games now including a HR yesterday.

• Like 3

On 6/10/2018 at 10:45 PM, mevins31 said:

He’s going to Pawtucket soon like I brought up in March 

No he isn't.  Who is going to play 3B then?  Holt?  No way.  Holt has no power and isn't exactly a gold glover either. 

Devers is fine.  There hasn't been even one whisper about him being demoting or Boston fans complaining about him.  Not happening.  Red Sox have the best record in baseball with him still in the line-up.  They are not suffering because of his bat ... or glove.  And he is way better than JBJ or Vasquez with a bat.  Catching is where the Sox need a hitting upgrade; not 3B. 

And they can live with his errors since he also has made some brilliant plays for which they don't keep stats you know.  That is why you need to see some guys in action and not in a box score. 

And there is no need to wring your hands because he isn't batting .300.  He tends to get his hits more in pressure situations which bodes well for the future.  He is here to stay.  And he will get better.  It's baseball, not single elimination March Madness stuff.  You know, the marathon and not a sprint.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

...and right on queue he socks a dong. Batting 6th in that lineup is so tempting...

i kept him after all =)

Devers is starting to look appealing again (maybe) in redrafts. The hit streak is nice, hard to ignore.

2/5 with a 3 run HR yesterday, hopefully this continues along with the sudden surge in steals.

• Like 1

If you have this kid in dynasty you have to expect ups and downs like this - heck brian dozier does this every year and hes an established vet - but I love the fact that he seems to be coming out of it. I don't really get excited about a prospect until they have struggled at the MLB level and come out the other side. 

• Like 2

All ye of little faith

STUD

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

More than life at this point.  Making legit adjustments recently and he’s been hitting the ball well.  Not just today.

4-4 so far today with a grand slam and 2 runs.  2nd home run was taken away from him 

Back up around .250 with 15 HR and 46 rbi

Even if he continues the roller coaster (likely) in last half of season, you’re looking at

.250ish

25+ HR

80-90 RBI

8-10 SB

Not shabby for a 21 year old 

Edited by MrMartyBarrett
  • Like 2

I can't believe there was talk about trading for a 3b, what a waste that would be, this kid is good

On 6/10/2018 at 10:45 PM, mevins31 said:

He’s going to Pawtucket soon like I brought up in March 

Oh Mr Mevins, where art thou?   B)

On 6/13/2018 at 8:45 AM, garlando said:

It's from a couple days ago but Devers has hits in 7 consecutive games now including a HR yesterday.

After the game tonight the Fox guy interviewed JD and he explained in detail what happened.  Something about Devers was twisting his foot somehow in an attempt to pull everything and JD mentioned it and took Devers back to the video room and showed him how really good left-handed hitters in the past dealt with swings and Devers saw the point immediately and started taking extra batting practice working on correcting it.  Devers has been a hard worker since day one and always open to coaching.

2 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

I can't believe there was talk about trading for a 3b, what a waste that would be, this kid is good

The trade talk was among a few people here (Paging Mr Mevins) and not in an real world scenario.  The Sox have been happy with Devers from the get go and the media and fans all like him and see him as a cornerstone of the team.  There was zero trade talk or even any real criticism from the team, fans or even the always highly critical Boston sports talk shows about him ... ever.   Everyone knows he is only 21, working as hard if not harder than anyone on the team at his craft and will be a mainstay power hitter for years to come.

But coming to this forum and into this thread?  It was like stepping into an alternate reality this season.  Hopefully we can get back to real reality now.

• Like 7

I would wager the negative posts in this thread are 99% redraft guys who bought at an inflated price...at least I hope so, you're an idiot if you are a disappointed dynasty owner at this point. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2018 at 9:48 PM, summersoff7 said:

I'm done.  Im freaking done.  Dude has a horrible approach to the game.  It's one of those players where you drop and it feels like the weight on the world has been lifted off your shoulders.

Heck, he’s even throwing in some RBIs these days!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Heck, he’s even throwing in some RBIs these days!

when I heard JD was working on his swing with him and he churned out a couple of hits I stuck with him thankfully.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There was a 32 game stretch from May 5 to June 11 where he had a total of 5 RBI with Betts/Martinez/Benintendi/Bogaerts/etc hitting in front of him.  Was he wearing a blindfold?  Or maybe just doing his best Maikel Franco impression.

People were freaking out because he flat out sucked.  Of course disclaimers are always offered due to his age, lack of experience, etc.  Point is, the vast majority of his owners are only concerned with his production in the here and now.  If someone said they were dropping him in a keeper league, then that would be worthy of ridicule.  

In any event, let’s hope that he keeps this up going forward.

Edited by Tommy Lee Jones

Just now, GC Tacos said:

Nooooo.... hopefully he comes back right after All Star break. 

I hope so but this is a real thing and not some fake injury to rest someone around All Star time.  He has been having trouble with the shoulder the last few days and didn't start last night.

Shoulder inflammation is another tricky muscular injury.  Best to take even more rest time even when the player thinks he is ready/will push through it.  Get all of it outta there.

• Like 1