DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

The optimism in this thread gives me hope as an owner. Thank you guys for that 

There was plenty of that same optimism last year...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are people starting him this week? There are probably waiver-wire WR3s that are floating around that you can start instead.

 

But I just know if I bench him and he goes off for 100 yards and 2 TDs i will cry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Are people starting him this week? There are probably waiver-wire WR3s that are floating around that you can start instead.

 

But I just know if I bench him and he goes off for 100 yards and 2 TDs i will cry

Thinking about benching him for Lockett.

That's how little confidence I have in this dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about Cooper, the more I think his first game is huge problem honestly. And it's ******** sickening. Brand new year, looks like the same s---. I'm worried about the one game because Cooper is weak minded and I had him last year and this is something that carries over for him. It's one thing to have bad games and get like 40 - 50 yards. But this guy has had like 8 games out of his last 14 where he has literally done nothing. Zilch. Like under 10 yards stuff. That is pathetic and unnacceptable. It's like a waste of a roster spot. That's how bad it's been. So for people to say they aren't worried after one week....well, good for you. If you want to live in a fairy tale land, great....but there is reason to worry.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

The more I think about Cooper, the more I think his first game is huge problem honestly. And it's ******** sickening. Brand new year, looks like the same s---. I'm worried about the one game because Cooper is weak minded and I had him last year and this is something that carries over for him. It's one thing to have bad games and get like 40 - 50 yards. But this guy has had like 8 games out of his last 14 where he has literally done nothing. Zilch. Like under 10 yards stuff. That is pathetic and unnacceptable. It's like a waste of a roster spot. That's how bad it's been. So for people to say they aren't worried after one week....well, good for you. If you want to live in a fairy tale land, great....but there is reason to worry.

 

Im real worried about him too.   BUT-  it was a brutal matchup for the entire offense.    The overarching issue is that I’m starting to think Amari isn’t WR1 material.    Not to say he can’t be a good Wr2 or 3... but you can’t disappear every time you see the opponents best CB.     It’s a problem.  

Edited by Impreza178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Im real worried about him too.   BUT-  it was a brutal matchup for the entire offense.    I’m starting to think Amari isn’t WR1 material.    Not to say he can’t be a good Wr2 or 3... but you can’t disappear every time you see the opponents best CB.     It’s a problem.  

Brutal match up, I agree. But 9 ******** yards? Like I said, 40-50 yards, while still bad, at least shows that he isn't a total moron. 

 

What do we expect against the Broncos? It's to the point where I am going to be happily surprised if he gets 30 yards against the broncos, which is downright someone you cannot play. WR2 seems like a pipe dream right now, with the way he played last year and started this year. I am hoping for wide receiver 3 production.

 

So sad.

 

 

 

 

Edited by hangin n wangin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Im real worried about him too.   BUT-  it was a brutal matchup for the entire offense.    The overarching issue is that I’m starting to think Amari isn’t WR1 material.    Not to say he can’t be a good Wr2 or 3... but you can’t disappear every time you see the opponents best CB.     It’s a problem.  

 

Do you guys just refuse to read or watch the games? There are countless posts in this very thread highlighting the fact that Cooper beat Talib on several occasions but Carr didnt give him a look. He didnt "disappear" because he saw "the opponents best CB". He actually got plenty of separation throughout the game. He was open deep on a few occasions.

 

Yes, you can be real worried about his fantasy prospects overall. That's a very valid take based on the current situation as a whole. But when I come to this thread and read the same post 20 times from 20 different posters and it's simply flat incorrect (AND has already been addressed by a handful of other posters in this same thread) , it gets irritating and repetitive.

Edited by cbsholy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Brutal match up, I agree. But 9 ******** yards? Like I said, 40-50 yards, while still bad, at least shows that he isn't a total moron. 

 

What do we expect against the Broncos? It's to the point where I am going to be happy with 30 yards from the guy against that team, which is downright someone you cannot play. WR2 seems like a pipe dream right now, with the way he played last year and started this year. I am hoping for wide receiver 3 production.

 

So sad.

 

he’s gonna get a heavy dose of Chris Harris with Simmons lurking.    Plus that ridiculous pass rush from all directions.     It’s another bad look on paper.   Denvers weakness is covering TEs and backs in the flats and middle.   

 

5 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

 

Do you guys just refuse to read or watch the games? There are countless posts in this very thread highlighting the fact that Cooper beat Talib on several occasions but Carr didnt give him a look. He didnt "disappear" because he saw "the opponents best CB". He actually got plenty of separation.   

 

Yes, you can be real worried about his fantasy prospects overall. That's a very valid take based on the current situation as a whole. But when I come to this thread and read the same post 20 times from 20 different posters and it's simply flat incorrect (AND has already been addressed by a handful of other posters in this same thread) , it gets irritating and repetitive.

 

Well aren’t u salty

 

He only had 4 games over 60 yards last year.   2 games over 100.   He flat out disappears most weeks.   

Edited by Impreza178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

 

Do you guys just refuse to read or watch the games? There are countless posts in this very thread highlighting the fact that Cooper beat Talib on several occasions but Carr didnt give him a look. He didnt "disappear" because he saw "the opponents best CB". He actually got plenty of separation throughout the game. He was open deep on a few occasions.

 

Yes, you can be real worried about his fantasy prospects overall. That's a very valid take based on the current situation as a whole. But when I come to this thread and read the same post 20 times from 20 different posters and it's simply flat incorrect (AND has already been addressed by a handful of other posters in this same thread) , it gets irritating and repetitive.

He had two 1,000 yard seasons with Carr, so it's not like he hasn't produced with him. Maybe Carr got sick of all his stupid drops and stopped looking at him because he doesn't have any confidence in him. I wouldn't want to throw to a guy that can't catch. 

 

It's always Carr, it's always the coaching....but it's never Amari.

 

 

Edited by hangin n wangin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is less of an "Amari Cooper is a bad receiver" and more of a "Derek Carr/Jon Gruden/Oakland Raiders are awful".  

 

Cooper can play.  Derek Carr doesn't throw the ball down the field.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The positive for this week is that this game SHOULD be a blow out and Amari could get some garbage time points, which are just as good.

Edited by hangin n wangin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Impreza178 said:

 

Well aren’t u salty

 

He only had 4 games over 60 yards last year.   2 games over 100.   He flat out disappears most weeks.   

 

Not salty...just tired of reading the same thing from people who didn't even watch the game or read anything other than their own posts. Carr wasn't even looking Cooper's way last night despite Cooper creating separation and beating the same DBs that are being heralded as Cooper killers. Gruden also commented that Cooper was open deep more than once and couldnt answer why Carr didnt throw it to him. 

 

So you bringing up last years stats in response to what I said just tells me that you're making posts based on a box score and limited understanding of either the situation in general or of the game that you supposedly watched. Sure, his outlook may be bleak but to source it on "you can’t disappear every time you see the opponents best CB" is plain lazy, wrong, and misleading to the people who come here for factual information and beneficial discussion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

The positive for this week is that this game SHOULD be a blow out and Amari could get some garbage time points, which are just as good.

 

Maybe?   Maybe not.    

Just now, cbsholy said:

 

Not salty...just tired of reading the same thing from people who didn't even watch the game or read anything other than their own posts. Carr wasn't even looking Cooper's way last night despite Cooper creating separation and beating the same DBs that are being heralded as Cooper killers. Gruden also commented that Cooper was open deep more than once and couldnt answer why Carr didnt throw it to him. 

 

So you bringing up last years stats in response to what I said just tells me that you're making posts based on a box score and limited understanding of either the situation in general or of the game that you supposedly watched. Sure, his outlook may be bleak but to source it on "you can’t disappear every time you see the opponents best CB" is plain lazy, wrong, and misleading to the people who come here for factual information and beneficial discussion.

 

When he goes 3 for 37 this week I’ll remind you of that.    And still...gruden will have no answers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

 

Do you guys just refuse to read or watch the games? There are countless posts in this very thread highlighting the fact that Cooper beat Talib on several occasions but Carr didnt give him a look. He didnt "disappear" because he saw "the opponents best CB". He actually got plenty of separation throughout the game. He was open deep on a few occasions.

 

Yes, you can be real worried about his fantasy prospects overall. That's a very valid take based on the current situation as a whole. But when I come to this thread and read the same post 20 times from 20 different posters and it's simply flat incorrect (AND has already been addressed by a handful of other posters in this same thread) , it gets irritating and repetitive.

 

Exactly. He didn’t look bad, his lack of opportunity did. 

 

Hopefully them getting steamrolled with that game plan gets gruden to sit down with Carr and press him that the offense has to run through Cooper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a difference if the guy was getting no separation or dropped multiple balls. That was not the care. So there is room for hope.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

There’s a difference if the guy was getting no separation or dropped multiple balls. That was not the care. So there is room for hope.

 

Well U go ahead and hope in one hand and $hit in the other and tell me which fills up faster :P

 

J/k...but they better get it through Carrs head that Cooper needs double digit targets every week.    This is really tough to swallow after seeing it for 14 weeks last season.    

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Well U go ahead and hope in one hand and $hit in the other and tell me which fills up faster :P

 

J/k...but they better get it through Carrs head that Cooper needs double digit targets every week.    This is really tough to swallow after seeing it for 14 weeks last season.    

Basically every Cooper owner is relying on the Raiders franchise to do something smart. 

 

We're ******.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bbythepier said:

 

 

I just wanna quickly say that “watching the Raiders play” and “watching the all-22” is WAY different in my book. As Ted Nguyen points out, he beat Talib consistently but when you play a dependent position like WR, it requires your QB to find you or at minimum look your way.

 

 

 

Damn... no defender behind him there either. If Carr threw that to Coop it would've been a 60 yard TD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More media narrative

 

Booger Mcfarland, 14:30 mark of Ryen Russillo espn podcast:

“For whatever reason, GRUDEN was playing keep away from Talib & Peters”

 

 

 

No, that was obviously Carr’s doing. Gruden had nothing to do with it. Gruden will draft his QB in the next year or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denver has handled him pretty easy over his career so far. 2 Games in 2015 6 catches , 59 yards, 2 Games in 2016 10 catches 95 yards,  2 Games in 2017 3 catches 18 yards. 1 Touchdown in 6 Games. 

 

Their offense is struggling now, this game is on the road, Cooper is a safe bench this week

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.