DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I forgot but last year if we needed a play we would most likely go to Crabtree whereas this year it seems to be Cook and then Jordy.  Weird considering how talented Amari is but you can see why Carr would feel uncomfortable with him on that 4th and goal play where Cooper clearly ran the wrong route and almost cost us the game.

Something just seems to be missing with him.

certainly seems like on critical plays when the receiver really needs to read the defense, carr looks elsewhere.

pretty unique receiver. got such great physical tools he can still put up solid-ish numbers even without a firm grasp of the mental side of the game.

That play in the fourth that @Chwf3rd mentioned is exactly why Cooper is so inconsistent. Carr just doesn’t have full confidence in him, and I don’t blame him, honestly.

Plays like that or drops when you’re wide open will do that over time....

Edited by DillyDilly

Just now, DillyDilly said:

That play in the fourth that @Chwf3rd mentioned is exactly why Cooper is so inconsistent. Care just doesn’t have full confidence in him, and I don’t blame him, honestly.

Plays like that or drops when you’re wide open will do that over time....

But then you see his route on that 36 yarder in overtime...hard to know what to do with hiim

• Like 1

Never been so excited to shop one of my high draft picks before. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Honestly I’m like mad that he did well. Why    Can’t he continually suck like hogan so I can be done with him. Nothing this will make deciding my line up harder. Thanks chukey god

Edited by SonataArctica

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

Never been so excited to shop one of my high draft picks before. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

what level of player are you targeting? I'm thinking of doing the same thing but don't need another WR and RBs are hard to pry loose from people.

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

what level of player are you targeting? I'm thinking of doing the same thing but don't need another WR and RBs are hard to pry loose from people.

I'm not sure yet. Maybe a more consistent WR with lower ceiling? Or go for a RB2/3. RB is a bleak landscape this season. Even a RB3 is valuable.

Well they got thier 1st win feeding him and Lynch maybe they realized something. Probably not though.

5 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Well they got thier 1st win feeding him and Lynch maybe they realized something. Probably not though.

Probably not. Needed  down bt a td and over time to get them  more involved

He was on his way to another under 50 yards performance until the last drive to send the game into overtime.

11 minutes ago, BallDontLie said:

He was on his way to another under 50 yards performance until the last drive to send the game into overtime.

Definitely. I remember him being like 3-37 for the entire game until the late 4th quarter. It's maddening. But he did turn on the jets, and it makes me optimistic, but the Raiders just scored hella points.

The fact that they play the chiefs, chargers, and broncos (all mediocre to bad defenses) definitely make me feel he'll be ok ROS, but definitely not your WR1. 

43 minutes ago, buckets88 said:

Would u guys trade him for K.Drake?

Literally made that trade last week...

Still no regrets...yet

36 minutes ago, montgrove said:

Thank God he did this I'm trading him ASAP.

Everyone in the league (a smart league) will know you're trying to sell them a lemon. They know about Cooper and his inconsistency. Good luck getting what you think you can get for him (maybe a more stable WR2 or RB2.)

IDK- I kind of like the thought of him being my WR3 on my team (even though I drafted him to be my WR2.) If you have stud RB's and a high floor from that, and adding in Cooper, you could have those games with week-winning ceilings that Cooper gets. All I know is that he's had two 100-yard games in 4 games this year. Major improvement from last year when he had like 20 yards per game 5 games in a row. 

I think he's a strong hold unless you get a slam-dunk no-brainer accept the trade button now offer. Unlikely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Everyone in the league (a smart league) will know you're trying to sell them a lemon. They know about Cooper and his inconsistency. Good luck getting what you think you can get for him (maybe a more stable WR2 or RB2.)

IDK- I kind of like the thought of him being my WR3 on my team (even though I drafted him to be my WR2.) If you have stud RB's and a high floor from that, and adding in Cooper, you could have those games with week-winning ceilings that Cooper gets. All I know is that he's had two 100-yard games in 4 games this year. Major improvement from last year when he had like 20 yards per game 5 games in a row. 

I think he's a strong hold unless you get a slam-dunk no-brainer accept the trade button now offer. Unlikely. 

Amari likely won't get much 1 for 1, but he's fine packaging with another player. For me, throwing him in a deal to make the deal is fine by me. He'll ride my bench anyways so it isn't like he'll contribute. I have a million guys i'd play before him. Bye week worthy I guess, but that's about it. His bye week is an odd number week, so that's likely going to be the game he takes off anyways.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:30 PM, DezedandConfused said:

Week 1: crap

Week 2: money

Week 3: crap

Week 4? Moneyyyy

Told yall my analysis doesnt lie. Btw sit next week

• Thanks 1

He's going to be frustrating. But I still think he's a better start than some flyers. If you don't got a solid WR2 you could do worst than cooper. At least you know his upside is high. Just the floor is low. 

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He's going to be frustrating. But I still think he's a better start than some flyers. If you don't got a solid WR2 you could do worst than cooper. At least you know his upside is high. Just the floor is low. 

That's the key people should realize. His ceiling every game is WR1, maybe even high end WR1. But his floor is soul crushing, week losing low. 

3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

That's the key people should realize. His ceiling every game is WR1, maybe even high end WR1. But his floor is soul crushing, week losing low. 

Exactly. Like this week I second guessed myself started crabtree at flex over him. While crabtrees floor is probably higher. I think he will be lucky to have more than 2 WR1 games all year. Learned my lesson today. Or other guys like cole etc. I will role with cooper next week at flex. And the guys talking about selling. This game raises his value by a smidge. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Thanks 1