DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I guess everyone knew Dallas wanted him. Number one waiver add if he’s on the wire? (I dropped him from trequan :/)

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

• Like 9

Just now, smeeze said:

A first rounder?? A Dallas first rounder no less?? That’s going to be a top-15 pick! The Raiders just fleeced the Cowboys.

ever hear of Roy Williams?

• Like 1

Abd I just cut this dude on Sunday morning. Smh. 

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

I think Amari does well in Dallas.

"We gotta find a way to push the ball down the field more, man."

- Jon Gruden 10/29/2018

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

speaks volume to what Gruden thinks of his current team :lol:

On 10/15/2018 at 3:14 PM, lvsaint429 said:

Absolutely no way they get that. Refer to his career game logs posted earlier in this thread. Between the dropsies, inconsistent games, average speed, average jump skills, & overall lack of involvement I’d say the Raiders have done a great job at stunting whatever potential he had. His regression since 2016 has been stunning & I’ll be amazed if they get better than a 5th. That being said, Jerry Jones will probably offer a 1st before I get done typing this  ?

OK, so it took Jerry a week longer than I thought it would! 

• Haha 2

Do you guys think the Cowboys would give up a first rounder for a guy that will not do well? They know something that WE DO NOT KNOW. Watch him thrive in Dallas!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

That's a crazy price to pay for Cooper so they obviously plan to use him, and basically anything is an improvement over the Raiders situation. 

Also no bye week is nice. 

1 minute ago, dsaints said:

Anyone know enough about the Cowboys offense to know if Cooper will be a good fit?

This cant be any worse for his outlook than staying in Oakland would have been. At least Zeke can take some of the pressure off of him, the offensive line is an improvement, and Dak doesn’t seem shell-shocked like Carr was/is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Do you guys think the Cowboys would give up a first rounder for a guy that will not do well? They know something that WE DO NOT KNOW. Watch him thrive in Dallas!

This is incredibly poor logic. The Colts gave up a first for Trent Richardson. The Browns traded TRich because THEY knew something that the Colts didn't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

"We gotta find a way to push the ball down the field more, man."

- Jon Gruden 10/29/2018

He's rebuilding. He will look brilliant in a few years. He's not about going 8-8 every year to make the fans happy. He wants to build a super bowl quality team. 

• Like 3

I don't see this as an improvement to Coopers value, but then again it can't be worst then it is in Oakland.

I am sure most of you have a guy you can drop to add Copper as a wait and see situation. Stop carrying on the comments what he has been, and wait and see hat he could be going forward. He is still young

Just now, thirdeye said:

This is incredibly poor logic. The Colts gave up a first for Trent Richardson. The Browns traded TRich because THEY knew something that the Colts didn't.

Okay bro, pick it apart with 1 comparison. 

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Not really interested still. 

More interested in what this does for Cole Beasley

and Zeke

Just now, thirdeye said:

Very true, but you have to think the Jerry, being Jerry, will make sure Cooper gets fed. The days of the 2 targets every other week nonsense are over. 

Whether Dak is good enough to get the ball to Cooper and whether Cooper is good enough to get open and make plays is a real question. But Jerry didn't give up a 1st round pick for a roll player. 

• Thanks 1

If nothing else, expect targets.  Jerry trades a 1 for a guy, he'll make it very clear to the coaching staff that he wants the guy involved.  Also, Dallas has NO pass catchers

Edited by SuperMarksBros.
  • Like 1

Just want and see, if I am wrong then bash me in a couple of weeks but do not think you KNOW anything as an outsider looking in. 

OMG.  I can't believe my holding this bum MAY pay off.  Maybe he'll be more than just bench trash! (I doubt it though, but maybe they'll actually throw it to him)

Edited by thejosef