DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

On the first TD, the defender fell down...because of an ankle breaking juke by Cooper.

On the second TD, the 90 yarder, there were 3 defenders converging on him.  He slipped away somehow, then outran the whole team.

Dude is FAST.  I am loving this.

57 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Flex play?

He's an every-week WR2 with WR1 upside.

He is an every week WR3 with WR2 upside. Occasionally a WR1 week. It looks like he is back to doing what he did in Oakland his first couple seasons and not last and the first half of this season. Both of Dak's throws on those long TD's were inaccurate and Amari had to make the adjustment or run an amazing route and some defenders fell down. Can't count on Dak connecting weekly with him like that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

WR3 who goes for 180-2?  Some WR3.  Too funny.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, devaster said:

He is an every week WR3 with WR2 upside. Occasionally a WR1 week. It looks like he is back to doing what he did in Oakland his first couple seasons and not last and the first half of this season. Both of Dak's throws on those long TD's were inaccurate and Amari had to make the adjustment or run an amazing route and some defenders fell down. Can't count on Dak connecting weekly with him like that.

Neither throw was inaccurate... what are you talking about?

Traded him for gronk this week. Oh well. I just couldn’t see a scenario where I started him over OBJ, Juju and Woods. I’m sure Cooper will blow up ros 

• Sad 1

The thing I like about Cooper is that he's now an organizational priority for Dallas.  You just know Jerrah loved discussing the bold Cooper acquisition during his post-game interviews, made to look all the smarter after Amari's big night.

• Like 1

Cooper is destined to  tease us and then rip our hearts out. The good news is if he only scores 1 point next week he will have averaged 19 pts the last two weeks.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Cooper is destined to  tease us and then rip our hearts out. The good news is if he only scores 1 point next week he will have averaged 19 pts the last two weeks.

Cooper is what those who drafted Josh Gordon was hoping to get. Gordon can never drop 180 and 2 TD's with noodle arm throwing him the ball. Obviously this was all the Raiders as Cooper belongs in the elite tier of WR1 after this game

Edited by Dr. Whom
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The thing I like about Cooper is that he's now an organizational priority for Dallas.  You just know Jerrah loved discussing the bold Cooper acquisition during his post-game interviews, made to look all the smarter after Amari's big night.

This is very true. It's similar to when Zeke was drafted. There was no way he wasn't gonna be a success given Jerry's input to draft him 4th.....and he's really good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Cooper is what those who drafted Josh Gordon was hoping to get. Gordon can never drop 180 and 2 TD's with noodle arm throwing him the ball. Obviously this was all the Raiders as Cooper belongs in the elite tier of WR1 after this game

I don't really expect 1 point games going forward. That was a Raider thing. I do think there will be 6 point games in his future. Dallas is still not a very good passing team and I would expect a lot of Zeke running the ball game scripts going forward. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I like the enthusiasm as I picked up Cooper in any league he got dropped in but at this point WR1 is still a bit of a stretch for Cooper, let alone elite WR. IMO an elite “any position” is a player who during his good weeks will win you the game, but during his down weeks still puts up around 15-20 PPR points. He has the talent to be an elite WR, let’s just wait a couple weeks to see if this was an Oakland style blow up or if it was him being more accustomed to the Dallas offense.

33 minutes ago, mongidig said:

This isn't Oakland.  Cooper leads all Dallas receivers in targets since coming over.  Cowboys gave up a 1st to feature him, as they should.  Dak isn't great, but he'll feed Amari. Those 1 pt games are a product of Carr looking away from his best target for whatever reason

Edited by SuperMarksBros.
  • Like 3

Cooper is still very much a hit or miss play.  Which is the case with virtually all WRs.  Bottom line is his floor and ceiling are both higher than they were with Oakland.  And he probably won me my week on Thursday.  Very happy with this guy.  

• Like 2

I wouldn't have blamed anyone for dropping him if he'd stayed on Oakland all year, but as soon as the trade rumors popped up (let alone after he was traded) it should have been a "hold" approach. I wasn't totally stoked he ended up in Dallas, but it's been a pretty good fit. And the schedule is a thing of beauty.

Cooper is a plug-and-play WR2 with top 12 weekly upside ROS. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1

WR2 means there are 12 guys in the league definitely better?  Man, not sure about that.  Cooper is in a very sweet spot.  Talent plus situation came up Yahtzee last night...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

WR2 means there are 12 guys in the league definitely better?  Man, not sure about that.  Cooper is in a very sweet spot.  Talent plus situation came up Yahtzee last night...

I own Cooper but he's not a WR1. Yes there are at least 12 better WR fantasy plays.

28 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Why oh why did I drop him earlier this season? This is ridiculous. Won’t draft again.

So help me understand.... you won't draft a player again in the future due to your own stupidity in the past?

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I own Cooper but he's not a WR1. Yes there are at least 12 better WR fantasy plays.

Not so sure this is true.  Name me 12+ guys will be definitively better than Amari moving forward?

And don't you dare say broken down Adam Friggin Thielen!!

Just now, El_Chingon said:

Not so sure this is true.  Name me 12+ guys will be definitively better than Amari moving forward?

I'd rank Cooper around 17th ish!

I have had Cooper every year, except this one. He’s hard to own. Teases with amazing games like this, then disappears completely for awhile. Maybe Dallas changes that, but I’ve been burned too many times by Cooper to trust, unfortunately. 

GL to those that have him this year, and hopefully the cowboys make Cooper what he should have been in Oakland. 

5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

I’ll try

OBJ

Theilan

Hill

Hopkins

Thomas

Brown

Julio

Adams

Cooks

Woods

Evans