• Announcements

    • Patrick Bateman

      Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

      Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

After the QB situation is resolved and they sign AJ McCarron Flash should be the #1 WR off the board.

I just don't see that, and he's on my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleats are you really saying Gordon should be the first wr taken???  I can see him as a 3rd round back end wr 1 off reputation sure.  But #1 Wr off the board is a big stretch even if they do trade for McCarron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was right about Derrick Henry, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

 

Flash Gordon #1 WR in all formats next year.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Cleats are you really saying Gordon should be the first wr taken???  I can see him as a 3rd round back end wr 1 off reputation sure.  But #1 Wr off the board is a big stretch even if they do trade for McCarron.

 

Well, i think a case could be made for it but with big ben coming back id take Brown but with a good QB id take Gordon over Julio.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Well, i think a case could be made for it but with big ben coming back id take Brown but with a good QB id take Gordon over Julio.

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB-Hopkins-Gordon in that order. Without kizer of course.

i'm an auction guy  and Flash is worth an easy 20% of the budget and I have seen people pay 35% of their budget for AB

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

After the QB situation is resolved and they sign AJ McCarron Flash should be the #1 WR off the board.

 

I agree with this......#1 WR off the board after the 1st tier of WR's like Brown, Hopkins, OBJ are off the board or course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

 

I agree with this......#1 WR off the board after the 1st tier of WR's like Brown, Hopkins, OBJ are off the board or course.

 

I would sell u OBJ all day and buy Gordon instead, his situation is not as clear as it was in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

I would sell u OBJ all day and buy Gordon instead, his situation is not as clear as it was in the past

 

The only way I can see Gordon being drafted ahead of OBJ in what could be him playing for a long term contract is if Rosen or Darnold are under center game 1 and the O-Line rebuild is incomplete.

 

However, more than likely, you will see Eli under center with a new OC that will hopefully take advantage of Eli's and Odell's strength of throwing the ball downfield, a revamped and improved O-Line, and a healthy and motivated OBJ.

 

Now, I know you are thinking to offset that what happens if the Browns get Cousins or another QB. Well, imo, that would strengthen him a top 5 WR, but not necessarily #1 overall nor above Brown, Hopkins, OBJ.

Edited by nonstopfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oban14 said:

He was right about Derrick Henry, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

 

Flash Gordon #1 WR in all formats next year.

Don't choke

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

 

The only way I can see Gordon being drafted ahead of OBJ in what could be him playing for a long term contract is if Rosen or Darnold are under center game 1 and the O-Line rebuild is incomplete.

 

However, more than likely, you will see Eli under center with a new OC that will hopefully take advantage of Eli's and Odell's strength of throwing the ball downfield, a revamped and improved O-Line, and a healthy and motivated OBJ.

 

Now, I know you are thinking to offset that what happens if the Browns get Cousins or another QB. Well, imo, that would strengthen him a top 5 WR, but not necessarily #1 overall nor above Brown, Hopkins, OBJ.

 

 

 In no scenario do i think Gordon gets drafted ahead of OBJ because of the fantasy world herd mentality, which is what I am counting on next season. I hope he falls in drafts and i get to scoop him cheap.  I have never won a fantasy title based on the guy I drafted in the 1st rd however i have lost fantasy titles because of guys i have taken in the first rd because the 1st rd sets the tone of ur draft.  Something as simple as I have DJ so now i can avoid all of those mid round rbs take a bunch of tier2 wrs and an elite QB high and then boom u lose DJ and ur team sux, so u have to work a trade or the waiver weekly to stay competittive.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

After the QB situation is resolved and they sign AJ McCarron Flash should be the #1 WR off the board.

 

 

I think many missed the context of those 2 clarifying words. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like his ADP could be all over the map.

 

The 2/3 turn would be my guess and I'd be a buyer there.

Edited by dmb3684

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

I think many missed the context of those 2 clarifying words. 

 

Yeah those two words are a strong caveat.

 

Naturally some things have to go his way but i believe the arrow for Josh is pointing up.

 

Cleveland invested in the Oline last year it should be even better this year, drafting saquon and cutting crowell would save cap space. Use the money to sign Terrell Pryor back on a team friendly deal.

 

It was obvious that Hue wanted AJ McCarron to me, a guy he knew was familiar with his Offense and could be productive as soon as he started.

 

Reading between the lines seems clear that Sashi Brown didnt want to trade for AJ so he didnt submit it in time. For proof of that i reference his firing and the keeping of Hue Jackson on as coach.

 

I still believe the Browns will sign AJ after his hearing on February 15 goes his way. I think AJ would actually prefer to play for Hue and so would i if they end up running an offense that features Saquon Barkley/Duke Johnson, David Njoku, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Terrell Pryor. They drafted Myles Garrett and their DLine was really good last year. They lost Haden so i would draft Minkah Fitzpatrick and suddenly i thinknthe Browns are in business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Yeah those two words are a strong caveat.

 

Naturally some things have to go his way but i believe the arrow for Josh is pointing up.

 

Cleveland invested in the Oline last year it should be even better this year, drafting saquon and cutting crowell would save cap space. Use the money to sign Terrell Pryor back on a team friendly deal.

 

It was obvious that Hue wanted AJ McCarron to me, a guy he knew was familiar with his Offense and could be productive as soon as he started.

 

Reading between the lines seems clear that Sashi Brown didnt want to trade for AJ so he didnt submit it in time. For proof of that i reference his firing and the keeping of Hue Jackson on as coach.

 

I still believe the Browns will sign AJ after his hearing on February 15 goes his way. I think AJ would actually prefer to play for Hue and so would i if they end up running an offense that features Saquon Barkley/Duke Johnson, David Njoku, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Terrell Pryor. They drafted Myles Garrett and their DLine was really good last year. They lost Haden so i would draft Minkah Fitzpatrick and suddenly i thinknthe Browns are in business.

 

Hue Jackson is a 100% loser. It blows my mind that they chose him over Sashi. 

 

Sashi creatively and uniquely amassed a lot of talent and draft picks. Granted he passed on QBs that were game changers and it ultimately got him fired, but Hue is still the biggest problem here. 

 

Hue doesn't give 2 Fs about a franchise, only his job. Go look at Oakland when he was in the hot seat. He gutted the Raiders future for carson Palmer and it took them years to rebuild. 

 

Hue would gladly spend all the picks the Browns have amassed on McCarron because hue is an idiot. McCarron sucks and will likely never be a top 12 NFL QB. 

 

McCarron gonna lose his case too BTW. It's very clear in the rules you have to play 6 games to count as a season (or some number like that) and he didn't. That's a cut and dry L. 

 

The Bengals probably gonna place a first round tender on him cause they M own Hue doesn't care about a franchise and he'll likely pay it though. So hold off on looking at all these top flight players to spend picks on cause Browns about to pass on Rosen and get McCarron lol 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

After the QB situation is resolved and they sign AJ McCarron Flash should be the #1 WR off the board.

Which QB helped AJG more...Dalton or McCarron?   I could look myself, but I won't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Which QB helped AJG more...Dalton or McCarron?   I could look myself, but I won't

 

I know.....Dalton. McCarron is a bum.

Edited by cnewbykkn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Which QB helped AJG more...Dalton or McCarron?   I could look myself, but I won't

 

Where would you draft AJ Green this year?

 

If the Browns get AJ ill draft Josh Gordon over AJ Green all day and twice on Sundays.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Which QB helped AJG more...Dalton or McCarron?   I could look myself, but I won't

I owned Green few years back when dalton missed time and Mccarron didn't do much.  But that was his rookie year.  So really hard to say.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Hue Jackson is a 100% loser. It blows my mind that they chose him over Sashi. 

 

Sashi creatively and uniquely amassed a lot of talent and draft picks. Granted he passed on QBs that were game changers and it ultimately got him fired, but Hue is still the biggest problem here. 

 

Hue doesn't give 2 Fs about a franchise, only his job. Go look at Oakland when he was in the hot seat. He gutted the Raiders future for carson Palmer and it took them years to rebuild. 

 

Hue would gladly spend all the picks the Browns have amassed on McCarron because hue is an idiot. McCarron sucks and will likely never be a top 12 NFL QB. 

 

McCarron gonna lose his case too BTW. It's very clear in the rules you have to play 6 games to count as a season (or some number like that) and he didn't. That's a cut and dry L. 

 

The Bengals probably gonna place a first round tender on him cause they M own Hue doesn't care about a franchise and he'll likely pay it though. So hold off on looking at all these top flight players to spend picks on cause Browns about to pass on Rosen and get McCarron lol 

 

This post comes off as bitter. What did AJ do to you?

 

McCarron was healthy enough to come off the inactive list and the Bengals kept him on there till less than 6 games remained in the season so they could get a free year out of AJ. He is more likely to win than to lose, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Where would you draft AJ Green this year?

 

If the Browns get AJ ill draft Josh Gordon over AJ Green all day and twice on Sundays.

Send invite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Send invite

 

In all fairness AJG was a top 12 pick so if he was your wr1 for the playoffs he didnt help you win. Basically a bust vs his draft value when guyss like tate/marvin, juju demaryius put up similar production for the season.  Makes you rethink taking these guys in 1st rd next season. 

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now