DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Biggest tease I've seen during my 10-15 years of fantasy football experience. Never seen another player tease as many fantasy owners as Gordon has. One amazing season and nothing since.

Which is why he should have been dropped 4 years ago.

If teams are already calling The Browns, they must not believe this is drug related, right? Why would any team give up anything at all for a player they thought would be absolutely useless?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Showing up high makes no sense. Why not just call in sick? 

Agreed more that I think about I think maybe just maybe he wasn't high and they were sick of it.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He hadn't played in week 1 since 2012, and the excitement probably contributed to a relapse.

Wat

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Gordon proved how dominate he can be last week.

Dez proved nothing.

He unfortunately also proved this week that he can't really be trusted. 

• Haha 1

Now trade offers? Roller coaster ride, lmao

Flash was on thin ice. Not drug related. Lets stay positive. What if he gets picked up by a team like the 9ers, Packers or Cowboys? Breathe everyone

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

If teams are already calling The Browns, they must not believe this is drug related, right? Why would any team give up anything at all for a player they thought would be absolutely useless?  

Raiders did trade for martavius.... I wouldn't put it past a team to risk it for talent

• Like 1

Sounds like a low ball offer opportunity here. 

Just take the last guy on your bench and offer him to the Gordon owner.

Seems like Dorsey could simply be sending a message  of no more distractions and he is finally cleaning house

• Thanks 1

Hopefully Flash is doing what I believe he's doing...targets were low last week immediately seen the ineptitude of the Browns QBs, devises plan to fake high get traded get paid. I want to believe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

Gordon to the Pats?

2007 Randy Moss please

Hurt his hammy at a promotional shoot. Per Schefter. IF GORDON GOES TO THE PATS/DALLAS/SEAHAWKS ITS LIT BOYS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, herschel said:

Gordon to the Pats?

God no, anything but the pats

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, clarkevii said:

Sounds like a low ball offer opportunity here. 

Just take the last guy on your bench and offer him to the Gordon owner.

I have to opposite view. Try to unload Gordon for an RB3/WR3/TE1 to some sucker thinking Gordon can break out like he did 4 years ago. Plenty of those suckers are in this thread.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Nope. Just Schefter and Glazer. Everyone else is case-by-case. Albright has credibility issues from past reports. 

I think Gordon was probably high, though. He hadn't played in week 1 since 2012, and the excitement probably contributed to a relapse.

Lol "excitement probably contributed to a relapse"? Sounds like you've never smoked before...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m having to force myself to not get cute with a trade right now...

One guy has Le’Veon Bell, D. Freeman, and J. Gordon... talking about Russian Roulette trading.

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Biggest tease I've seen during my 10-15 years of fantasy football experience. Never seen another player tease as many fantasy owners as Gordon has. One amazing season and nothing since.

As some other poster said in this thread a while back, Gordon is a more talented WR than Antonio Brown but AB is a better football player.

Turns out being a better football player is really important and people seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to Gordon's freakish physical gifts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I have to opposite view. Try to unload Gordon for an RB3/WR3/TE1 to some sucker thinking Gordon can break out like he did 4 years ago. Plenty of those suckers are in this thread.

A WR3 really? A dime a dozen.

Edited by ponza88

Who are the teams calling !!?!?

we need answers damnit!!

NE, GB or SF and I’d be ecstatic! Hell, Watson to Gordon for 60 yard TD sounds like a great time!