DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Browns didn't lose a game.  Time to sell high already on Josh Gordon.....

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It takes skill my man

Um I know how...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hard1 said:

Yes I'm quite sure he's going to a perfect situation... gzus I'm blind to talent but the posts in here are ridiculous.... this guy has been stood by for years by the Browns, they didn't all the sudden just say eh eff this guy cause his hammy is hurt... showed up not right I'm guessing they have protocols in place for this guy to insure they get to keep him so they may hAve a be honset with us josh policy and their own drug test....of which I'm sure we haven't heard.... and if they don't have these in place they are morons.... but I'd def have him on lock and key and effing guy that just followed him everywhere...private eye, sponsor, life coach something... this guy would go no where without a shadow....only thing worse to find out Calloway was with him last night....

Jumbled words.

Try putting together a coherent thought or sentence. You been smoking with JG?

Just now, Godfather131 said:

Jumbled words.

everyone has been smoking with jg apparently 

The story is obviously molded in such a way that gives the Browns a chance to trade him, even now with the drug rumors.  I'm not sure what happened yet, but it was certainly alot worse then coming in late on a Saturday with bloodshot eyes and a hamstring injury.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Jumbled words.

Responding to situation and to posters thinking he's going to somewhere good if traded.... pipe dreams.... my point being he needs a chaperone at all times and silly the browns have not gotten him one...and a little buzz going

Edited by hard1
  • Haha 1

The variance of outcomes here is wide. The Browns haven't exactly earned the benefit of the doubt over their various moves. This could be just another poor move by a poorly run organization. Of course, Gordon's history suggests Cleveland is making the right choice. So two untrustworthy parties, but one has to be in the right. Just not sure which.

If Gordon goes, then it sounds like their are suitors. But is this any good for fantasy purposes? Cleveland's not a great situation, but he at least knew the system. Coming off the street to any new organization is going to be tough. It'll be fascinating to see how this plays out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mikeflavaz said:

The story is obviously molded in such a way that gives the Browns a chance to trade him, even now with the drug rumors.  I'm not sure what happened yet, but it was certainly alot worse then coming in late on a Saturday with bloodshot eyes and a hamstring injury.  

Not really. He was injured. And then he was apparently healthy. Then he reinjures himself off the clock trying to make money outside of playing for the Browns. Not hard to see that the Browns have finally had enough and are moving on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

1.  where were you when he played last week and scored a td on limited snaps?

2. you can only take credit for what you predict

3. you never predicted this current outcome :lol:

On 8/22/2018 at 9:41 AM, shakestreet said:

I don't trust him and no way am i wasting a 4th or 5th round pick. Has the talent but this sobriety and his mental health issues really puts the scare into me

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, disasterisk said:

Not really. He was injured. And then he was apparently healthy. Then he reinjures himself off the clock trying to make money outside of playing for the Browns. Not hard to see that the Browns have finally had enough and are moving on.

Moving on to another losing season lol

5 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

If you were trying to trade him you wouldn't mention anything about drugs.  They could have had a better chance to trade him just by putting feelers out privately.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Very possibly NFL career ending, pretty sick.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

I don't trust him and no way am i wasting a 4th or 5th round pick. Has the talent but this sobriety and his mental health issues really puts the scare into me

ok so what about the current situation has been stated he is being released because of sobriety or mental health?

Listen i get you have a  anti josh gordon thing just like I have a pro Josh thing but I don't see the point getting into the weeds rehashing old posts with you when the rest of the world  including myself is focused on the new information as it comes through

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

If you were trying to trade him you wouldn't mention anything about drugs.  They could have had a better chance to trade him just by putting feelers out privately.  

But I'm not sure the Browns leaked the part about drugs, at least not officially. They tried to pass it off as him being tardy with a hamstring injury.  

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

ok so what about the current situation has been stated he is being released because of sobriety or mental health?

Listen i get you have a  anti josh gordon thing just like I have a pro Josh thing but I don't see the point getting into the weeds rehashing old posts with you when the rest of the world  including myself is focused on the new information as it comes through

Cheers

When you typed “weeds rehashing” did you so with a straight face?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

But I'm not sure the Browns leaked the part about drugs, at least not officially. They tried to pass it off as him being tardy with a hamstring injury.  

How else would it get out?  Saying he was late and looked high seems like a GM trying to explain making a move that might be unpopular with fans.  Yes, the local reporter said the "Looked High" portion came from "team sources" but she had that tidbit right after the Browns announced he would be released.  

I don't see how it comes out that quickly if the team doesn't want it out.  It's between the doctors, coach and GM.

Edited by Iron-cock

31 minutes ago, Jin said:

Gordon owners right now:

tenor.gif

Actually, I'm excited to see how this works out.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Actually, I'm excited to see how this works out.

Same!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Cheers

No problem and nothing personal .. 

This is what I heard from a close friend associated with the Patriots —- JG is done he will never play in the nfl