DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Posted one hour ago, great timing. 

https://youtu.be/aj1agWr2VLU

Wow...I think they removed the Gordon video or it's shutting down the youtube server.  

Edited by mikeflavaz

i can’t be the only Gordon owner that is excited more than worried. Watching him with a real QB would be awesome.

• Like 7

Just now, Gohawks said:

i can’t be the only Gordon owner that is excited more than worried. Watching him with a real QB would be awesome.

lol watch him go to the Bills.....ugh

6 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Actually, I'm excited to see how this works out.

3 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Same!

Same! 

If he ends up on a team with a great offense this could be a good thing. He obviously needs to stay on track but imagine if he has Brady throwing him bombs in a few weeks. It would be like Randy Moss all over again. 

• Like 2

Unreal how many vultures circle these threads and dive in any time there is something negative, and say “told you so”... 

No facts about why JG is being cut/traded, other than his hammy and concern about him acting “not like himself”. So unless you have a lead on a credible source, quit making assumptions. 

Im not doubting there’s more to the story, but I’m also not doubting the Browns for being idiots, like they are great at doing. 

This is is everything I expected when drafting JG. I drafted him late rounds, when I usually take dart throws at high potential. He could fall off the wagon and get suspended, or he could get traded into a new system where he can thrive. Like I said, he’s a dart throw for me. I’m hoping he hasn’t relapsed for the sake of him as a human being. Football is secondary when dealing with mental health and substance abuse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

Just now, SyNdicateZ said:

lol watch him go to the Bills.....ugh

The only place he’s going is back on the suspended list.   

Wheres there’s smoke,  there’s fire...  or It could be Funyuns in JGs case 

• Like 2

Let's be honest.  Being a part of the Browns organization, could turn Sally Struthers into a raging alcoholic.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Under500Forever said:

Same! 

If he ends up on a team with a great offense this could be a good thing. He obviously needs to stay on track but imagine if he has Brady throwing him bombs in a few weeks. It would be like Randy Moss all over again. 

I'm sure other teams have a great team of doctors too for the support he needs. I would think it would be better than the Browns too.

This could be a very good thing for Gordon Dynasty owners :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm trying to buy very cheap now hoping he ends up with one of the following teams:

- Patriots - Obvious choice with their lack of WR talent and Brady

- 49ers - Played under Shanhan before, Jimmy G is very good, and offense has gaping hole at WR.

- Panthers - His one big year was under Norv Turner, would be best WR Cam every played with.

- Seahawks - Wilson needs weapons even when Baldwin comes back.

Anyone ever thought that it was the teams that ate trying to acquire him that are dropping the rumors to lower the price?

5 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Posted one hour ago, great timing. 

https://youtu.be/aj1agWr2VLU

Wow...I think they removed the Gordon video or it's shutting down the youtube server.  

Yeah weird looks like they took it down. It definitely showcased to me at least they JG is clean and in a good state of mind. Shame on all of those reporters speculating his release is drug related if in fact we find out that it has nothing to do with that. 

One thing go quick to your ESPN team put Josh Gordon on the IR and pick up a player before he loses the IR tag. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Whaley88 said:

Anyone ever thought that it was the teams that ate trying to acquire him that are dropping the rumors to lower the price?

Now we are diving into conspiracy theories. This thread just keeps on getting better and better.

1 minute ago, Whaley88 said:

No. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Whaley88 said:

Team GM's aren't RotoWorld forum posters. They don't overhype players as much as us. 

Did not watch all of it, but Ian does say that it is not substance related but rather a trust issue and dependability issue.

He was on thin ice and this just broke it for them.

As far as he knows, nothing with the league has changed as far as his substance abuse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AJ92 said:

- Panthers - His one big year was under Norv Turner, would be best WR Cam every played with.

Steve-Smith-Janoris-Jenkins-Thumbs-Down.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Why would you announce that you are releasing a player if you are going to try and trade him first?! you just lost all your leverage smh  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BallDontLie said:

Why would you announce that you are releasing a player if you are going to try and trade him first?! you just lost all your leverage smh  

That way you let everyone know he’s available. Teams without a high priority waiver claim are the ones most likely to make a trade. 

They stuck with him for five years and finally pull the plug due to "trust issues"? It doesn't make sense. 

• Like 1

Sean McVay and Wade Phillips can mold him into the player he needs to be

B)

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

Image result for josh gordon as a patriot gif

I remember this game. Right after this score, refs pulled all the tricks in the book to help the pats win. I guess you cant have the browines beating the golden boys in foxburough

• Thanks 1