DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

So sick of people mentioning him as being the best WR that these teams could have or that a QB like Cam could have. I'm not here to troll JG, hope his career isn't over and hope he keeps it all together. But guys, enough. Get rid of that "great" or "best" tag. The guy can't even stay on the field. The best ability is availability. He's potentially good...I'm done with the great stuff though. Prove us wrong and play an entire season JG.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BallDontLie said:

Why would you announce that you are releasing a player if you are going to try and trade him first?! you just lost all your leverage smh  

So that teams might be more upfront with their best offer trades before he’s free to sign with anyone.  I swore last year that Philly picked up Ajayi just to stop Dallas from having him during Zekes suspension.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ace_King said:

They stuck with him for five years and finally pull the plug due to "trust issues"? It doesn't make sense. 

Hue Jackson retained after going 1-31.

Nothing makes sense in Cleveland.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Raynestorm said:

Unreal how many vultures circle these threads and dive in any time there is something negative, and say “told you so”... 

No facts about why JG is being cut/traded, other than his hammy and concern about him acting “not like himself”. So unless you have a lead on a credible source, quit making assumptions. 

Im not doubting there’s more to the story, but I’m also not doubting the Browns for being idiots, like they are great at doing. 

This is is everything I expected when drafting JG. I drafted him late rounds, when I usually take dart throws at high potential. He could fall off the wagon and get suspended, or he could get traded into a new system where he can thrive. Like I said, he’s a dart throw for me. I’m hoping he hasn’t relapsed for the sake of him as a human being. Football is secondary when dealing with mental health and substance abuse. 

His ADP was 4th/5th round.  How is that a “late round” “dart throw?”

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

I'm sure other teams have a great team of doctors too for the support he needs. I would think it would be better than the Browns too.

This could be a very good thing for Gordon Dynasty owners :)

He needs a change of scenery. I am glad he will be out of Cleveland very soon. 

I think he ends up on the Pats 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ponza88 said:

Sean McVay and Wade Phillips can mold him into the player he needs to be

:)

energizer bunny

Just now, Ace_King said:

They stuck with him for five years and finally pull the plug due to "trust issues"? It doesn't make sense. 

Sure it does. You give someone so many chances and then they disappoint you again. At some point you have to throw in the towel. Guy re-injured himself off the clock doing non-football things trying to make money for himself. And was late. That is Gordon putting himself above the team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BallDontLie said:

Why would you announce that you are releasing a player if you are going to try and trade him first?! you just lost all your leverage smh  

Don't over-think this...

The "brain trust" in Cleveland hasn't show alot of brains

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BallDontLie said:

Because there are teams that would trade for Gordon that wouldn't necessarily be on his destination list if he were signing in FA. 

2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

They’re not going to tell the full truth right now. They’re trying to trade him and want to extract whatever little value is left. Both the Browns and Gordon have a lot to lose if too much of the story  gets out.

• Like 2

The Bills should be on the phone right now...Oh wait haha

Edited by BallDontLie

Prediction

hes going to either the colts or cowboys. 

The colts would be a great option imo if you owned gordon. 

Hilton is there but a bit small with grant as the possession receiver. Gordon would fit well and would be good once Luck gets all strength back. 

Fyi- I own no shares of gordon but think he goes there. 

7 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

That way you let everyone know he’s available. Teams without a high priority waiver claim are the ones most likely to make a trade. 

He's not subject to waivers. 

The way you'd let teams know is you call teams with a need.  You don't leak info that will lower his value.  In fact, you talk up how great he's been in public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

when was the last time the browns did anything that made sense

• Like 2

Just now, Iron-cock said:

He's not subject to waivers. 

The way you'd let teams know is you call teams with a need.  You don't leak info that will lower his value.  In fact, you talk up how great he's been in public.

Well yeah if you are a competent organization that is what you would do, but this is the Brown's man.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

One thing go quick to your ESPN team put Josh Gordon on the IR and pick up a player before he loses the IR tag. 

This is exactly what I did.  

Yahoo locks you out from making moves if you have someone someone on IR that isn’t out or on IR so I’ve prepared my team to last til week 7 by dropping Bears D for Cowboys.  I figure this will shake out by then 

It’s always going to be something with this guy. Doesn’t matter where he goes. Move on fellas.

• Like 1

Gordon was briefly O on ESPN, so I threw him in IR and picked up Yeldon(yeah, not sure how he is still there) then I noticed he was back to Q and the roster was locked. He went back to O not long after the news broke.

My quick predictions as to possible trading partners with Cleveland.

1. New England - makes sense given the franchise's ability to work with veteran receivers that have off-field issues or character concerns. Would arguably be the most talented receiving threat outside of Gronkowski. 

2. Indianapolis - outside of TY Hilton the team has very little depth at WR, fan base is clamoring for a quick turnaround given the struggles of the past few seasons

3. Dallas - I'll put them on here, but beat reporter Mike Fisher (who is about as plugged in as any) has already stated on Twitter that they appear to not be interested. That said, they need help at the position, badly.

4. San Francisco - Prior ties also make this an easy choice. Don't think that its likely though given how high the team is on Dante Pettis and Trent Taylor. 

5. New York Giants - Weird to include them, right? That said, Pat Schurmur was the head coach in Cleveland when the team took a chance on Gordon. Their 3rd WR slot is barren, and he would represent an immediate upgrade over Cody Latimer. 

6. Buffalo - Again, another team in rebuilding mode that could use some instant help on offense. Benjamin and Jones are middling options at best.

• Confused 1