DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, m_cox22 said:

It’s always going to be something with this guy. Doesn’t matter where he goes. Move on fellas.

Don’t tell me what to do. You probably don’t have any shares of him and are hoping people drop so you can add.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

This is exactly what I did.  

Yahoo locks you out from making moves if you have someone someone on IR that isn’t out or on IR so I’ve prepared my team to last til week 7 by dropping Bears D for Cowboys.  I figure this will shake out by then 

You're not going to make any adds for the next 5 weeks, just so you can see how this 'shakes out'? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RustyMiller said:

But releasing this guy?

DwKiiJY.jpg

Must be awesome to drink all the time and look like that, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This video was actually really touching. Good advice on life and overcoming his problems and trying to keep getting better.

1. "I had a find a way in my heart to let room for love to come in. I had to love myself. But that couldnt happen till i forgave myself and that takes time"

"My advice is to know that you're worth it, that you're worth being loved, that you should allow people to care for you, allow people to help you, but more importantly help yourself, love yourself"

Edited by Carlos Correa
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mr.STD said:

Must be awesome to drink all the time and look like that, lol

The Gordonites drank the kool aid .... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Don’t tell me what to do. You probably don’t have any shares of him and are hoping people drop so you can add.

I wouldnt mind taking a flier on him if he is dropped, but Im glad I dont own shares because that would have required using a 4th/5th round pick on him.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

You're not going to make any adds for the next 5 weeks, just so you can see how this 'shakes out'? 

Depends on who is available but I want to prepare my team to not be forced to make moves.  If I am better off dumping 2 players for one then I’d do it of course

I have extremely strong benches right now

2 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

I don’t have any shares because I’ve drafted or traded for him in the past and have been burnt just like you all lol I moved on long ago just like you all should have. Apparently you enjoy wasting your 5th or 6th round picks. Hell I think he may have went higher than that in a few of the leagues I’m in.

To most people in this thread right now, I think LeBron is talking to you. I don't care about him much from a fantasy football standpoint, I want the man to succeed and overcome his issues to the best of his ability.

Capture.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carlos Correa said:

To most people in this thread right now, I think LeBron is talking to you. I don't care about him much from a fantasy football standpoint, I want the man to succeed and overcome his issues to the best of his ability.

Capture.png

He’s just following Lebrons path to the west coast.

3 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

I don’t have any shares because I’ve drafted or traded for him in the past and have been burnt just like you all lol I moved on long ago just like you all should have.

love the anti-gordon told you so crowd, come up with new material at any time folks

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Capture.png

No one even knows if it's substance abuse that's the cause of this. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

This video was actually really touching. Good advice on life and overcoming his problems and trying to keep getting better.

1. "I had a find a way in my heart to let room for love to come in. I had to love myself. But that couldnt happen till i forgave myself and that takes time"

"My advice is to know that you're worth it, that you're worth being loved, that you should allow people to care for you, allow people to help you, but more importantly help yourself, love yourself"

After watching this I have full faith that his release from the Browns has nothing to do with a relapse. This video is long but it is worth the watch. It shows Josh has matured and really is trying to not make himself and others better. 

• Like 2

Why are you guys excited him going to a different team? Not only is he injured, b in t he would have been to learn an entirely new playbook on the fly all while relapsing

57 minutes ago, mjb said:

Very possibly NFL career ending, pretty sick.

5 teams already trying to trade for him according to rapoport, but his career is over now? Word 

2 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

No one even knows if it's substance abuse that's the cause of this. 

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns had concerns Josh Gordon was "struggling with his sobriety or on the verge of relapsing."

Gordon "wasn't himself" after showing up late to the Browns' facility with a hamstring setback. PFT's Mike Florio adds Gordon was "habitually tardy," and Saturday's incident led Cleveland to finally move on. Off-field rumors are nothing new for Gordon, but this is a potential dent to his trade value given his Stage 3 status. The Browns will release Gordon if they don't trade him before next week.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Woonga24 said:

Why are you guys excited him going to a different team? Not only is he injured, b in t he would have been to learn an entirely new playbook on the fly all while relapsing

Injured? Are you not paying attention?

I am here to get the latest news and updates.  And it is fun to read the speculation.  Gordon is one of the more polarizing figures in fantasy football in the internet era.  As TO once said:

"Getcha popcorn ready."

• Like 1

Just now, Woonga24 said:

Bc he gets to chose the team and hopefully recover fully while learning the playbook. If it takes him a couple of weeks to learn a dumbed down playbook, so be it. 8 weeks of gordon better than 16 weeks of most other wrs I could roster

Seems like a great buy low opportunity. Won't have to compete with Landry and will get a better team in his next stop. I just bumped him up in my rankings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2