DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Just now, seanismorris said:

The Chiefs should trade S. Watkins for Josh Gordon.

Gordon could use a QB like Mahomes. 

• Like 1

Just now, seanismorris said:

The Chiefs should trade S. Watkins for Josh Gordon.

Oh my god!! It won't happen for a multitude of reasons, but that would be ridiculous.

• Like 1

what playbook does he have to learn?

go route, post route.

come on guys.

• Haha 2

Sux but I’ll hold until next week for further clarification instead of speculation. Fortunately I’m not hurting in my WR core so this news doesn’t hurt me this week.

5 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

what playbook does he have to learn?

go route, post route.

come on guys.

Smoke route. 

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Juke said:

Gordon could use a QB like Mahomes. 

Don't tease me.  I'd be like......

Image result for kid dancing gifs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Best odds right now are on him not playing this year.

1. Hasn’t really played since 2013

2. Missed all of training camp for “personal reasons”

3. Strangely released amid rumors of erratic behavior

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I don’t know about that, 50% of the teams are desperate after losing week 1.  Bidding on Gordon costs them nothing...

The compensation for the Browns could be tied to playing time with his new team...

I don't understand why Cleveland has chosen this particular way of dispensing with Gordon.

If they wanted to trade him, why announce their intention to release him on Monday? If Josh wants to go to your franchise, why give up assets to trade for him instead of waiting for Cleveland to cut him and then sign him outright? I assume no team would trade for Josh if he says he won't play there.

If they intend to trade him, why leak the part about him "not being himself"? That can't help his trade value. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rex_bulkhead said:

I don't understand why Cleveland has chosen this particular way of dispensing with Gordon.

If they wanted to trade him, why announce their intention to release him on Monday? If Josh wants to go to your franchise, why give up assets to trade for him instead of waiting for Cleveland to cut him and then sign him outright? I assume no team would trade for Josh if he says he won't play there.

If they intend to trade him, why leak the part about him "not being himself"? That can't help his trade value. 

Its because... they're the Browns. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

He already played this year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Releasing Monday gives them time for teams to put in final trade offers. I'm assuming they could've just released him outright today.

Signing him after release would likely cost more the the league minimum if there were a bidding war to happen.

Leaking the not being himself may have been to justify to cleveland fans about releasing him as I'm sure some fans are not happy with it.

Also they're the Browns.

Trade him to the Colts, Irsay's dumb enough to fall for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Think of it like Fantasy Football. "A" Player sucked or did something horrible which killed your fantasy team and you are pissed and ready to drop the SOB. But, fellow league mate heard you screaming from across the hall that you hate him but would have to wait on waivers after other people to get him. He calls you to make a trade for a player that you want for little to nothing.

• Like 3

Seattle or the Patriots please...I hope this is just Josh and Hue not getting along and nothing more

5 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Trade him to the Colts, Irsay's dumb enough to fall for it.

lol. Its funny because it has happened before. :)

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Seattle or the Patriots please...I hope this is just Josh and Hue not getting along and nothing more

Either of these is fantastic!

4 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Releasing Monday gives them time for teams to put in final trade offers. I'm assuming they could've just released him outright today.

Signing him after release would likely cost more the the league minimum if there were a bidding war to happen.

Leaking the not being himself may have been to justify to cleveland fans about releasing him as I'm sure some fans are not happy with it.

Also they're the Browns.

I agree with everything except “they’re the Browns”.

John Dorsey is a good GM.  Josh Gordon will become the fall guy for when the Browns continue to loose.  It was either that or fire Hue Jackson.  And, for whatever reason (they’re the Browns) the Browns Owner continues to support Hue Jackson, which overrides what Dorsey would want to do.

Dorsey is going to get the most he can for Gordon, and the drama is part of that.

That said, Gordon is an idiot... if he wanted to continue play for the Browns.  Or, he’s brilliant for forcing a trade...

• Like 1

what is Justin Blackmon up to these days?

Gordon may have played his last snap if he couldn't make it with a rebuilding 0-16 team.

Just now, iphone said:

what is Justin Blackmon up to these days?

Gordon may have played his last snap if he couldn't make it with a rebuilding 0-16 team.

I’m reading this is a trust issue since he tweaked his hammy doing some promotional thing. Who knows what the truth is though.

maybe the browns are just fed up.

if he is sober he will get a shot on another team very soon and could be in a much better situation. 

We know what fool me once and twice mean.

What about the third fourth fifth and sixth time?

Fool me thrice, shame on Charles Darwin?

Fool me four times, shame on Jesus?

Fool me five times FML?

Fool me six times please put me down w/ two to the brainstem?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

1. I mean, this just isn’t true? 

2. How did this post get 4 likes?

3. I haven’t really been to jail since the 80s, just don’t check my file