DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Is Justin Blackmon banned? Seems like Gordon has had like 5 chances and I only remember Blackman only getting caught twice

• Like 1

I dropped him. I don't care where he goes. He doesn't deserve to be in the NFL.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, n4sa said:

LOL, I don't own him, but why wouldn't you wait AT LEAST to see where he goes. If he goes to NE or Seattle he could be a WR1. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

LOL, I don't own him, but why wouldn't you wait AT LEAST to see where he goes. If he goes to NE or Seattle he could be a WR1. 

lol at WR1

If your a Gordon owner you should be excited to see how this plays out. 

obviously a trade makes it more possible he plays for a bad team this has potential to be great for owners.

rotoworld reported the Bengals, Pats, Seahawks,

Cowboys and Bills are potential landing spots.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, n4sa said:

After all Gordon has done off the field, you still decided to draft him. Dropping him now is just.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P@ckersFan said:

Gotta go to the Cowboys right?

That's who I would put my money on.  They desperately need a WR and the Cowboys have never been scared to take a chance on someone with off-field issues.

The problem with this situation is he has to go to a new team and learn the playbook.  I don’t see him making an immediate impact wherever he goes.

• Like 1

Based on what Josh posted on his IG account, I think it's highly unlikely he failed a drug test. Seems like the Browns were fed up with him (or Josh was over the organization... Or both?) and they decided to part ways.

Edited by lbjames6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wideopen21 said:

After all Gordon has done off the field, you still decided to draft him. Dropping him now is just.....

I drafted him super late and was hoping he could at least stay with the Browns. I don't even need him on my team, but he obviously can't get his s--- together.

6 minutes ago, n4sa said:

So before today he was on your team and deserved to be in the NFL. Now, he doesn’t deserve to be on your team or in the NFL? Why? Cause the Browns plan to release him? Cause you know nothing else outside of that. Assumptions will get you nowhere in life.

• Like 1

Top landing spots:

Seattle: Wilson's deep ball is money and their WR other than a hurt Baldwin are really bad. 

49ers: Shanahan connection. Good QB with a meh WR corps. Easy path to targets.

Dallas: Easiest path to being a target hog. Their WR are straight up booty. Josh would help Zeke and vice versa.

Pats: Best QB situation but there are a lot of mouths to feed in that offense. Don't see him getting up to speed with the Pats offense quickly enough and he has to compete with Gronk, Hogan, and Edelman for targets. If he can crack into the Pats starting lineup he could produce off 4-5 quality targets per game best case.

6 minutes ago, n4sa said:

lol at WR1

signed 

-A guy that doesn’t own Gordon

He would definitely have WR1 upside. 

He’s so talented and playing with some of the best QB’s in the NFL wouldn’t be a bad thing. He just needs to keep his head on straight. Give him a bit to learn the playbook and he COULD be a stud. 

The potential is there as long as he does what he is supposed to do.  

Edited by Under500Forever

Blackmon was suspended indefinitely for violating the league's substance abuse policy and, although eligible, has never applied for reinstatement.

Gordon was also suspended several times, including indefinitely, but applied for and was granted reinstatement.  However, Gordon is still in the substance abuse protocol.  So the perception may be that Gordon has received several chances, Gordon has not given up like Blackmon did.

Gordon is on thin ice with the league, however.  If he has failed a drug test, he is going to be suspended for another year, minimum.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Under500Forever said:

He would definitely have WR1 upside playing in NE or Seattle. 

He’s so talented and playing with some of the best QB’s in the NFL wouldn’t be a bad thing. He just needs to keep his head on straight. Give him a few weeks to learn the playbook and he COULD be a stud. 

I don't think he would produce in the Pats offense until like week 8.

Source: Am Pats fan that has seen this song and dance before.

• Like 1

Best spot seems to be Carolina. His breakout year was with turner so he knows the playbook and cams deep ball is his best throw.

also niners since he played with Shanahan also.

Edited by ellie826
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I drafted him super late and was hoping he could at least stay with the Browns. I don't even need him on my team, but he obviously can't get his s--- together.

It's a good thing he's not going to be on the Browns anymore. That organization is a s*** show.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Blackmon was suspended indefinitely for violating the league's substance abuse policy and, although eligible, has never applied for reinstatement.

Gordon was also suspended several times, including indefinitely, but applied for and was granted reinstatement.  However, Gordon is still in the substance abuse protocol.  So the perception may be that Gordon has received several chances, Gordon has not given up like Blackmon did.

Gordon is on thin ice with the league, however.  If he has failed a drug test, he is going to be suspended for another year, minimum.  

Definitely! 

If this is drug related JG is in big trouble. 

Hopefully this is just a trust issue and they are fed up. 

Im happy he is getting a shot to play elsewhere 

Edited by Under500Forever

Just now, Under500Forever said:

Definitely! 

If this is drug related JG is in big trouble. 

Hopefully this is just a trust issue and they are fed up. I

More signs are pointing to this. He was believed to be close to relapsing though and was habitually late. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

It's a good thing he's not going to be on the Browns anymore. That organization is a s*** show.

This...Browns are inept and should go 0-15-1 this year

So excited to see where Josh  is going to play now

3 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

He would definitely have WR1 upside. 

He’s so talented and playing with some of the best QB’s in the NFL wouldn’t be a bad thing. He just needs to keep his head on straight. Give him a few weeks to learn the playbook and he COULD be a stud. 

But my girlfriend is so hot, I know she's cheated on me a few times in the past, but this time will be different *rolls eyes*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dorsey v. Hue with Ian Rappaport as the unwitting dupe who is advancing the #narrative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simanium said:

But my girlfriend is so hot, I know she's cheated on me a few times in the past, but this time will be different *rolls eyes*

I'd take a cheating hot girlfriend over no girlfriend. The action is the juice.

Gordon is the JUICE. Hyped for his move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3