DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Gordon owners never quit I give em that. No matter how many times he let's you down hey still believe that magical 2013 season is coming 

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

Y'all just wait until you wake up tomorrow morning and learn he's been resurrected as the new WR1 of the Packers, Seahawks, Colts, Patriots or co-WR1 of the Texans.

Image result for jesus josh gordon gif

When that happens....toot toot

1 hour ago, lightweight3 said:

The problem with this situation is he has to go to a new team and learn the playbook.  I don’t see him making an immediate impact wherever he goes.

He didnt follow the playbook when he was high and drunk every time he set records in 2013 and your'e worried about a playbook now :lol:

• Like 2

I don’t think NE would work out since Brady is so strict with the playbook.  Also Luck has issues throwing deep with his bum shoulder so probably not Indy

Edited by Smoketheclay

55 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Because there aren't five teams doing that.  There isn't one team doing that.  Think about it.

rappaort is the reporter for the NFL network, he isn't going to report something like that without some sort of verification by more than a single party. he has too much reputational risk at stake.  If he was that gullible then he would report everything that every agent tells him and he wouldnt be a reporter anymore.

Also the key word in his statement was "researching" as in teams were researching a trade situation.

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

What? Great, lets have one of the shi**iest qb’s in the league throwing to him. NO!

Who were his QBs when he went bananas that one year? 

55 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You know what is really easy for an agent to do?  Call up Ian Rapoport and tell him that five teams are interested in your client.  You know what is extremely difficult to do?  Get an actual NFL team to sign a player with as troubling a history as Gordon has.  It ain't happening, folks.  Gordon was in his last, final last, chance to make it in the NFL, and he blew it.  Move along.

If I were his agent, the last thing I'd want to do is drum up trade interest. With no looming suspension, he'd be a high upside-low risk candidate on the free agent market. That alone will make him appealing to about a dozen GMs in the NFL. Hell, that's the type of player we are all looking for in fantasy, but not NFL GMs?

I'll take it a step further. If an NFL team cut and then re-signed Martavis Bryant who has a pending season long/indefinite ban pending or Mychal Kendricks who copped to insider trading, Josh Gordon will be not be a free agent long.

So you're saying not only does Josh need a new team, he also needs a new agent?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, INFRARED 6 said:

Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeded Brian Hoyer

Edited by pdog109

Just now, pdog109 said:

Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeded and uh.. some other scrub.

Hoyer for 3 games

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Guwop said:

they still believe that magical 2013 season is coming 

Because it is.

The reckoning has already begun.

Gordon leaving the putrid disjointed disordered dysfunctional disgusting dirty Browns is the first step.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

What? Great, lets have one of the shi**iest qb’s in the league throwing to him. NO!

9 minutes ago, INFRARED 6 said:

4 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeded Brian Hoyer

@77georgec

Well? Still concerned about Bortles or any QB for that matter?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Because he'd have the best QB of all time throwing to him...not really much to think about with that one.

Well he would have increased competition for targets in New England and he could easily be benched or cut because BB will have zero tolerance with him.

Best landing spots are Dallas and Seattle 

Edited by Evincar

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Well he would have increased competition for targets in New England and he could easily be benched because BB will have zero tolerance with him.

Best landing spots are Dallas and Cleveland.

Cleveland?

• Haha 4

Best (realistic) landing spots that could make him fantasy relevant in a couple weeks are Dallas, Seattle, or San Fran in no particular order. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Carolina if Norv Turner is as big a fanboy of 2013 Josh as the fantasy community.

Edited by sSektor

24 minutes ago, dashoe said:

rappaort is the reporter for the NFL network, he isn't going to report something like that without some sort of verification by more than a single party. he has too much reputational risk at stake.  If he was that gullible then he would report everything that every agent tells him and he wouldnt be a reporter anymore.

Also the key word in his statement was "researching" as in teams were researching a trade situation.

Rapoport does have a reputation--as a shill and a total idiot.  His "reports" are never worth the paper they are printed on.  And this one will be no different. 

• Confused 3

53 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Except any half-decent reporter corroborates and verifies what a source tells them. 

And since this is a fantasy discussion thread involving a player which you have declared, several times in just the past few hours, to have no value, it's time for you to take your own advice and move along. 

Rapoport would have a LONG way to go to achieve the status of "half-decent."  He isn't even 1/16 decent.  Not by a mile.  I used to put some stock in what he wrote, but it started costing me games.  The guy just makes stuff up.

As for the Gordon thread, I find it interesting.  So I'll stick around if that is all right with you.  Or if it isn't.  Either way.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rapoport does have a reputation--as a shill and a total idiot.  His "reports" are never worth the paper they are printed on.  And this one will be no different. 

and Schefter is a shill in your view too? he also stated several sources saying a trade by Monday

1 hour ago, Smoketheclay said:

DnLlYhCU4AAKTqK?format=jpgDnLlYhGVYAAUmFo?format=jpghttps://mobile.twitter.com/LakishaJackson/status/1041146676612755457?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

looks like Gordon also tweeted “anyone need a deep threat?”

sounds like he probably didnt miss his drug test

Because he certainly would be honest with all of us and let us know if he did fail a drug test.  Right?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Because he certainly would be honest with all of us and let us know if he did fail a drug test.  Right?

What did Josh Gordon do to you?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think the point is, news would've broken by now if something was failed

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Because it is.

The reckoning has already begun.

Gordon leaving the putrid disjointed disordered dysfunctional disgusting dirty Browns is the first step.

Keep hope alive. Maybe this time he'll get it right. 

Just now, pdog109 said:

What did Josh Gordon do to you?

He tore up my competition during his dream season in 2013.  And then provided nearly limitless entertainment and speculation with his multiple antics in the years since.  Why, what did he do to you? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, omnom1337 said:

I think the point is, news would've broken by now if something was failed

Well actually probably not.  For a case this high-profile, any samples would likely be sent to a lab to be double and triple checked.  That will take several days.  If Gordon relapsed Friday night, the test results may not be available until next week some time.