DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well actually probably not.  For a case this high-profile, any samples would likely be sent to a lab to be double and triple checked.  That will take several days.  If Gordon relapsed Friday night, the test results may not be available until next week some time.

If he relapsed Friday night there is no drug test conducted or results unless the  NFL gave him a RANDOM drug test on Satturday . the team can't make him take a pee only demand on the league has that authority

Edited by dashoe

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well actually probably not.  For a case this high-profile, any samples would likely be sent to a lab to be double and triple checked.  That will take several days.  If Gordon relapsed Friday night, the test results may not be available until next week some time.

This is a bs take.

Possible he showed up late high and/or hungover, and admitted to being at a shoot where he wasn't supposed to be. Highly unlikely he failed a test.

That tweet he put out is a good sign, even if he isn't the one who wrote it.

And teams are kicking the tires on a trade because why not.

He may fail a test tomorrow. Who knows?

He may get traded, waived, or may never play again. Who knows?

He may play this season.  Who knows?

I know one thing - spending hours on the internet just to s*** on people is... sad.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

People hating on Gordon owners have the most extreme cases of FOMO ever seen. They're terrified of Josh turning into his 2013 self on the field when they don't own any shares.

• Like 4

Part of me wants to believe that Gordon and his agent orchestrated this just to get him out of Cleveland. Leave camp. Show up late to meetings. Act sketchy. Claim you've injured hamstring. Dorsey's comments just seems odd. If you were trying to trade Gordon, why ruin your trade market? The Browns have essentially conceded that they will release him. It's almost as if Dorsey is trying to limit Gordon's landing spots.. ....watch Gordon end up with a division rival. The Bengals and Ravens could use him and I can totally see either team willing to take on the PR risk associated with Gordon. 

he didn't fail a drug test.  it was reported on the NFL network tonight his absence during training camp was some sort of enrollment in treatment to prevent relapse.  so imagine the corporate environment where Sashi Brown is fired for John Dorsey, clearly not a lot of positive brain activity there.  so then some square in the org feeds reporters he "wasn't himself" Saturday and a buncha people suddenly throwin' hate towards JG, a human being.  relax crusaders. 

the topic at hand is potential landing spots and the fantasy outlook of such, until news reveals otherwise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Part of me wants to believe that Gordon and his agent orchestrated this just to get him out of Cleveland. Leave camp. Show up late to meetings. Act sketchy. Claim you've injured hamstring. Dorsey's comments just seems odd. If you were trying to trade Gordon, why ruin your trade market? The Browns have essentially conceded that they will release him. It's almost as if Dorsey is trying to limit Gordon's landing spots.. ....watch Gordon end up with a division rival. The Bengals and Ravens could use him and I can totally see either team willing to take on the PR risk associated with Gordon. 

he has a cheap contract so literally almost every team can 'use' him because it won't cost them much financially for the rest of the season. Even playoff bound teams could use him

Pitt could definitely use the depth, jax -panthers and cameron meridith is not working out on the Saints

Edited by dashoe

So in 1 yr Cleveland lost their 2 biggest sports stars lebron James and Josh gordon. . . .that's a lot of star power gone in such a short time.

I think the odds for a Baler start significantly increased with josh gone

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, dashoe said:

he has a cheap contract so literally almost every team can 'use' him because it won't cost them much financially for the rest of the season. Even playoff bound teams could use him

Pitt could definitely use the depth, jax -panthers and cameron meridith is not working out on the Saints

Yes, he is cheap. But he would have been easier to trade if Doraey just kept his mouth shut. That's why it's odd. It's possible that Gordon's agent has already been talking to several teams prior to Dorsey throwing shade on Gordon. It's also possible that Gordon's side leaked the relapse rumor, knowing that the Browns were trying to trade him (maybe for several weeks now) and knowing that they already had a deal in principal in place with another team.

Gordon's been clean and there is no indication at this point he has had a relapse or rumors of another positive test or violation of the SAP. 

If Gordon could force the Browns to release him then he would also be free to negotiate a new deal with another team. A deal that would certainly pay him much more than he's making right now. 

Edited by pikerbkb

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So in 1 yr Cleveland lost their 2 biggest sports stars lebron James and Josh gordon. . . .that's a lot of star power gone in such a short time.

I think the odds for a Baler start significantly increased with josh gone

Lindor and JRam are still in Cleveland.

• Like 3

I don’t see why him doing all this to get away from the Browns isn’t a more talked about possibility. I’m surprised no one has faked their death to leave that organization.

• Like 1

It's nice that we might get an immediate resolution to the situation, if the Browns follow through with their supposed intention to trade him before Monday. If that happened, we would not only know what team he's on, we would also have a fair assurance that disciplinary measures against Gordon were not imminent. If Gordon has done something he will suspended for, I would think the league office would speak up before a trade would be concluded. If he is traded by Monday, I believe he will play again this year. How effective he would be, who knows. 

If he is not traded by Monday and is released, I'll feel much less optimistic about the situation but I'll continue to hold as long as the league has not started a procedure against him. If he makes it through next week with nothing threatening and is in talks with teams as suitors, his value will rebound. I could then pick between trading him and recovering some lost value now, or letting it ride. Obviously if/when the league moves against him, I'll be happy to get the roster spot back. 

My dream scenario is he gets traded to Seattle. I think he might enjoy the chill Northwest vibe. Pete seems like his kind of coach. JG and Russ could become one of those legendary QB-WR pairs. That offense seems rather unstructured enough for a new receiver to step in and contribute immediately despite not knowing the system. Half of pass attempts are Wilsonball sandlot plays anyway. Russ will learn how great it is to have a true WR1. Yeah, I know it's time to wake up.

3 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

My dream scenario is he gets traded to Seattle. I think he might enjoy the chill Northwest vibe. 

Legal weed.  Sounds like... an inevitable end to his career. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColKurtz said:

Legal weed.  Sounds like... an inevitable end to his career. 

Yes, but he'll go down in a blaze of glory

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You're all going to look pretty stupid when the Gordon trade to the Patriots is completed and he breaks Moss' single season TD record and gets Super Bowl MVP.

This was the plan all along. Dude plays chess in dimensions you didn't even know existed. 

Edited by Sticky2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I think it's a power struggle within the Cleveland organization.  Some within the power structure are fed up with Gordon's antics and wants him gone.  But another faction wants to get value for Gordon.  It is obviously extraordinary for a team to announce a players release, but then later announce that player is not released but will be traded.  Who's driving the ship?  It's almost as weird as the trade for AJ McCaron that Cleveland officials "forgot" to properly report to the league at the deadline.  This has to be the most dysfunctional organization in all of sports.  

• Like 3

If you have the space, is he a good stash if some1 drops him? 
Imagine what could happen if he goes to the right team (patriots, saints)

3 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I know one thing - spending hours on the internet just to s*** on people is... sad.

I like talking football.  The Gordon story is really interesting.  Nothing against the kid, I wish him well in whatever career he decides to pursue.  My point above is that everything is happening so fast, and if there are any test results, they might not be immediately available.  Not sure who speculating about that is the equivalent.

1 minute ago, thebadferret said:

If you have the space, is he a good stash if some1 drops him? 
Imagine what could happen if he goes to the right team (patriots, saints)

If you have the space, go for it.  I believe Gordon will never play again, but I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

Yes, he is cheap. But he would have been easier to trade if Doraey just kept his mouth shut. That's why it's odd. It's possible that Gordon's agent has already been talking to several teams prior to Dorsey throwing shade on Gordon. It's also possible that Gordon's side leaked the relapse rumor, knowing that the Browns were trying to trade him (maybe for several weeks now) and knowing that they already had a deal in principal in place with another team.

Gordon's been clean and there is no indication at this point he has had a relapse or rumors of another positive test or violation of the SAP. 

If Gordon could force the Browns to release him then he would also be free to negotiate a new deal with another team. A deal that would certainly pay him much more than he's making right now. 

Just as it's unlikely he failed a test, it's probably even more unlikely that the above scenario played out.

It would be a serious breach of ethics and, if found out, the agent would never be able to represent an NFL player again - and possibly would be banned/blackballed from representing any athletes.

There doesn't need to be a plot for JG to orchestrate his release or a failed drug test to lead to Dorsey's comments.

Releasing or trading JG is going to be hugely controversial in Cleveland.  Dorsey's statement is him getting out ahead of the PR backlash and creating enough doubt in the public mind about JG's stability and commitment that Browns fans don't revolt, or at least the anger is muted.

And it doesn't hurt his trade value that much - it just deals up front with the inevitable conversation that will be had with any potential trade partners.  Talking up commitment to Gordon only to shop him around 2 weeks into the season is weird, and everybody is going to ask about it.  By putting out a vague and cryptic comment, they address the issue and somewhat allay suspicions.

If they said nothing and still shopped him, teams might be even more hesitant to pull the trigger.

Either way, they're going to get pennies on the dollar for him.

Sad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

3 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

You're all going to look pretty stupid when the Gordon trade to the Patriots is completed and he breaks Moss' single season TD record and gets Super Bowl MVP.

This was the plan all along. Dude plays chess in dimensions you didn't even know existed. 

hes going to the pats. they were interested in him back in 2016 but the Browns wanted too much. now he shohld be cheap. this dude can break recored with brady easily.