DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, Eddie Mush said:

Can't wait to see the fire in this thread when he's active vs Lions and doesn't play lol

Or when he puts 250 and 3 TDS against them. As someone who doesn’t own him, I’m al about this thread next game.

He can't read a clock apparently but he'll miraculously learn the nuances of the Pats playbook and not have 'anxiety' issues when Brady barks at him too loudly.

I predict, he's released within 3 weeks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Can't wait to see the fire in this thread when he's active vs Lions and doesn't play lol

I don’t think anyone expects him to play this week. Maybe even a few weeks.  

1 minute ago, Eddie Mush said:

Why is that surprising?  It's his first game with a new team, no training camp, etc.  I expect him to not play.  If he does, then all the better.  But I'm not activating him on his first game.  I'm in in for the long haul. 

2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I'm calling it now... 37/1800/30... WR1 ROS overall

Floor

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

What do ya'll suppose Gordon's redraft ADP would have been if he was traded to the Patriots in the off season?

Edited by akm0404

On 9/15/2018 at 9:29 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

You know what is really easy for an agent to do?  Call up Ian Rapoport and tell him that five teams are interested in your client.  You know what is extremely difficult to do?  Get an actual NFL team to sign a player with as troubling a history as Gordon has.  It ain't happening, folks.  Gordon was in his last, final last, chance to make it in the NFL, and he blew it.  Move along.

You could end up being right...just not this time.

As with most early season predictions and overreactions, this thread doesn't disappoint.

I think Gordon owners might want to temper their expectations.  BB won't deal with his stupidity for long.

He might pan out to be a star (again....) but most people do not change.

• Thanks 1

Just now, fruitjacket said:

I think Gordon owners might want to temper their expectations.

When has that ever been a thing?

Just now, akm0404 said:

What do ya'll suppose Gordon's redraft ADP would have been if he was traded to the Patriots in the off season?

2nd round 

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

I bet you could sell Gordon for a more legit player right now. There's a chance his value is never higher. 

AGREED.

• Like 1