DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Not off to a great start in your time on RW bud. Godspeed. 

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

AC forum bud.

He's brand new.

Questions regarding your own specific team and not of interest to the rest of the forum readers are supposed to be posted in the "Assistant Coach" forum and not here.

For anyone that watched the first Browns game, was Gordon limited in any fashion?  Was there any explanation for why he wasn't involved in the game plan?  He obviously gets an upgrade to the GOAT, so hoping it all comes together for us who have been waiting forever for him to recapture the magic.

Would take some major cojones to start him on Sunday IMO, but as we saw in week 1 he only needs to be hit on one target for it to make a difference, and the Lions without Slay are not an imposing matchup. Do you feel lucky?

Gordon top 10 potential.  Don't do anything crazy until you see how this plays out.

I'm sure he catches at least 1 deep pass from Brady this weekend. Also keep in mind this the first primetime game Josh has played in in over 5 years. Best believe he's motivated to put on a show.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I'm sure he catches at least 1 deep pass from Brady this weekend. Also keep in mind this the first primetime game Josh has played in in over 5 years. Best believe he's motivated to put on a show.

Is he motivated though?? Just sayin.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, reichl555 said:

Is he motivated though?? Just sayin.

Not in Cleveland. Playing with the GOAT. Probably his last chance to make it in the NFL and more importantly get paid. Gronk drawing coverage away from him. Sunday Night Football where the biggest storyline will be him.

Dude hasn't failed a drug test in over a year and finally got out of the hell hole known as the Browns. I would imagine he is more motivated than he was a week ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Meanwhile my advice from Saturday remains unchanged.

On 9/15/2018 at 7:11 PM, disasterisk said:

Buy everywhere

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

dudes playing for a contract. hes gonna have to really Showcase his talents to get paid anything! teams wil be hesitant to pay him due to reliabilty concern still.........so he will need to offset that with Beast performance with pats and then tell teams hes mentally good..... he wont ball this game but watch out for week 4 foward..

Let's not forget about the whole child support thing. If he washes out of the league this year his life is going down the drain. He's trying to put on a show and get a contract ASAP.

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Let's not forget about the whole child support thing. If he washes out of the league this year his life is going down the drain. He's trying to put on a show and get a contract ASAP.

What do you mean going?

10 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

What do you mean going?

Yeah because your earning potential is over his base contract, let alone a future contract worth more.

They put Josh Gordon's locker right next to Tom Brady's.... What a great move!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

They put Josh Gordon's locker right next to Tom Brady's.... What a great move!

I was thinking the same thing. That has to help with the playbook. Now Brady needs to put bunk-beds in his house for them. 

Image result for step brothers bunk bed

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, somoneyfantasypicks said:

I was thinking the same thing. That has to help with the playbook. Now Brady needs to put bunk-beds in his house for them. 

Image result for step brothers bunk bed

I know how that scene ends... :o

Lots of comparisons to Moss.

Would someone who has watched both please compare and contrast Moss and Gordon?  Do you think Gordon is a fit in New England?

I read somewhere that Moss was somewhat of a savant at breaking down defenses.

Gordon had a lot of success for a short period of time.   Football IQ has to play into that level of success doesn't it?

I just want to say how much I love owning Gordon on my teams.  The entertainment value is a magnitude larger than any other player out there, and each chapter is greater than the last. Triumph, tragedy, or dark comedy I can't wait to see what happens next!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bs61014 said:

Would someone who has watched both please compare and contrast Moss and Gordon?  Do you think Gordon is a fit in New England?

Gordon had a lot of success for a short period of time.   Football IQ has to play into that level of success doesn't it?

They are both freakishly talented athletes and actual football players with poor reputations for laziness, substance abuse, and desicion making. Moss was apparently more sober and arguably a far better athlete. He looked like a man amongst boys his rookie year.  Thats part of the fascination with Gordon. What is his peak, and is it yet to happen? Moss is over.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bs61014 said:

https://youtu.be/WpN3TFBCWC0?t=10m50s

Just a sampling of Randy knowing how to beat defenses. Moss as an athlete is on another level. Moss as a football mind is on another level. He's not doing what Randy did. Those comparisons are because he's a freak athlete. There were comparisons to Moss being made in the Cordarrelle Patterson thread, too. Just try screening who you get your analysis from.

Edited by jujuonthebeat

Gordon doesn't have the brain of Moss, but might be close in physical talent. Maybe 80% of Moss's potential...which is huge. Just depends how much effort he puts into the playbook. He also can't pull anymore of his stunts. Belichick won't put up with it.

Edited by kcm012
  • Like 1

Moss is the most physically talented WR to ever play and it isn't all that close. 6'4, blazing speed, crazy vertical, highpoints the ball like no other, hands made of superglue. If you were to build the best possible WR excluding intangibles it would be Moss. Josh is in like the Julio Jones tier of physical talent.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 4

Is Brady's deep ball any good still? I see a lot of short crossing routes or passes to running backs. Can he consistently hit the intermediate and deep routes that Gordon thrives in?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Is Brady's deep ball any good still? I see a lot of short crossing routes or passes to running backs. Can he consistently hit the intermediate and deep routes that Gordon thrives in?

i think it was declining for a while (obviously) and then he started improving again. brady is a pretty average deep passer but throws deep at a top 5-10 level in terms of quantity. 

10 hours ago, sSektor said:

Child support mandated by the state is a rather archaiac formula so regardless if he is in the NFL or not it will still be a significant % of his earnings