DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

Everybody talking about how this is so lucky for Gordon. This is the RISKIEST place he could have gone. Because if he cannot get straight on this team, a team that has only 1 goal, then teams will think he just can't get right. He literally gave himself one last chance by going here. If he goes to say, the Raiders, he probably would have still been given another chance, with his level of talent. Now, I doubt it.

Even if he blows it with the Pats, he’ll still always have a chance with the Raiders. I mean, they just brought back Martavis for goodness sakes, even though he’s going to get suspended any minute. They’re probably mad they missed out on Mychal Kendricks too. :lol:

Really curious to see what is going on with Gronk. If he doesn't practice again, and the beat writers consider him "doubtful" for Sunday, I am probably gonna fire up Lord Gordon in my flex. He has a great matchup, and it looks like Slay is gonna miss the game too, leaving Detroit's secondary utterly helpless. 

Slay is nearly a lock to miss this game.  Detroit has good safeties, but their CBs after Slay are pretty weak.

1 hour ago, datsyuk said:

Really curious to see what is going on with Gronk. If he doesn't practice again, and the beat writers consider him "doubtful" for Sunday, I am probably gonna fire up Lord Gordon in my flex. He has a great matchup, and it looks like Slay is gonna miss the game too, leaving Detroit's secondary utterly helpless. 

Question for you... has there ever been a midseason add to the Pats at WR, and were they immediately part of the gameplan, or just given a few snaps?  Not arguing, I legitimately don't know off the top of my head.  I'm really hoping this guy can get the playbook down

4 minutes ago, biggquis said:

Question for you... has there ever been a midseason add to the Pats at WR, and were they immediately part of the gameplan, or just given a few snaps?  Not arguing, I legitimately don't know off the top of my head.  I'm really hoping this guy can get the playbook down

Lol, I honestly have no idea either. But let's be real, if Gronk doesn't play, Gordon will have a much better chance of getting more targets. But by the sounds of it, Gronk is most likely playing.

22 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

Lol, I honestly have no idea either. But let's be real, if Gronk doesn't play, Gordon will have a much better chance of getting more targets. But by the sounds of it, Gronk is most likely playing.

I agree and I will also add that none of the other in season acquisitions had the skill set of Gordon, doesn't seem like too much to ask for him to be a field stretcher and get a couple of deep shots . This thread will have 500 pages on it come Monday morning if Flash catches a long TD pass Sunday night. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, biggquis said:

Kenny Britt had some snaps last season

1 hour ago, biggquis said:

already posted earlier, reggie wayne, who said gordon will get 15-20 snaps this week

26 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

already posted earlier, reggie wayne, who said gordon will get 15-20 snaps this week

? Wayne signed with them in the offseason and got released/retired before the regular season.

4 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

? Wayne signed with them in the offseason and got released/retired before the regular season.

well that's what he said and it makes perfect sense

Love Hoodie speak.  Good to know he looks like an NFL receiver....

Also, how did the gordon thread slip to page 3.  Were better than this guys....

Mike ReissVerified account @MikeReiss
FollowFollow @MikeReiss
More

Question: Have you thrown balls in practice to Josh Gordon?

Tom Brady: Yes

Question: How did he look?

Brady: Like an NFL receiver looks.

Question: Up to speed?

Brady: We’re working at it. He’s only been here a few days. ... Every day we’re trying to make improvements.

• Haha 1

Gordon owner dropped before news cleared happily used a high waiver for a nice stash, might Be two or tree weeks before we see a decent snap count increase without that he's pretty td dependent. I'm starting k. cole over him in ppr but I wonder if he might have an instant impact... either way glad to own him now that he's a patriot.... moss 2.0!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, datsyuk said:

FWIW everything I read says Gronks ankle is nothing to worry about. 

Josh Gordon (hamstring) is questionable for Week 3 against the Lions.

Gordon has been practicing on a limited basis this week and appears healthy enough to play, though he's only had a few days to learn the Patriots' offense. With New England playing in the Sunday night game, Gordon will be tough to employ in fantasy this week.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24755886/new-england-patriots-talk-josh-gordon-addition

Reading some things that make me feel much better about Gordon’s future

-brady saying Gordon is really eager to get in there and learn everything

-BB saying he is smart, doing everything he can, and working hard.

Was definitely worried after hearing Lombardi talk about how JG has always been treated special so he doesn’t have to work extra hard and how he doesn’t seem to love football like some other players do. But if JG has changed and is buying in...it’s gonna be something special.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Everybody talking about how this is so lucky for Gordon. This is the RISKIEST place he could have gone.

Exactly. Someone with off the field problems going to the most strict team in the league. Won't be catching any passes from Brady when they cut him for being late to a meeting week 5.

9 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Exactly. Someone with off the field problems going to the most strict team in the league. Won't be catching any passes from Brady when they cut him for being late to a meeting week 5.

Why would the patriots cut him if they just traded for him. The patriots need a WR and they went out and got Gordon.

So you know he will be late and he will be cut week 5, give me the lotto numbers too please.

The hate that Gordon gets here is really sickening.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, pdog109 said:

Why would the patriots cut him if they just traded for him. The patriots need a WR and they went out and got Gordon.

So you know he will be late and he will be cut week 5, give me the lotto numbers too please.

Everyone knows he has overall WR #1 talent but was drafted around rounds 3 to 7

If you have him, you hope he gets his act together and is a fantasy steal

If you don’t have him and he succeeds then you wish you had drafted him = haterade

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

I mean it makes sense he's more talented than 99% of the wide receivers in the NFL and has done nothing in 5 years because of his poor decisions and stupidity. 

Gordon hasn't been relevant since Antonio browns breakout year... That's forever in fantasy, it's just such a waste I hope he turns his career into something more memorable than "what if"

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

The hate that Gordon gets here is really sickening

You're saying there's too much hate for a guy who has only managed to be on the field for 11 games over the past 5 seasons?

I'd say the skepticism is 100% warranted.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pdog109 said:

I love Gordon more than his own mother. I took him in the 3rd this year and the 4th in '13 when no one knew who he was. (14 teams)

This is not Gordon hate, it's knowing the Patriots. Why do you think the Pats have a 10 game stipulation? They don't 100% trust him. They WILL cut him if he doesn't toe the line. PERIOD. If you don't understand this you don't understand the Pats. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I love Gordon more than his own mother. I took him in the 3rd this year and the 4th in '13 when no one knew who he was. (14 teams)

This is not Gordon hate, it's knowing the Patriots. Why do you think the Pats have a 10 game stipulation? They don't 100% trust him. They WILL cut him if he doesn't toe the line. PERIOD. If you don't understand this you don't understand the Pats. 

The one thing that I believe is nice about the situation is that I don't believe there are more than 2 scenarios to how this all plays out. Gordon either gets his head in the game, learns the playbook, earns Brady's trust, and stays on the field, thus leading to phenomenal numbers. Or he doesn't, and is cut within 3 weeks.

Either way, I really don't think there is anything in between. If Josh is on the field, he is going to produce 100%. He is too talented not to, and has the best QB of his career throwing him the ball, with a very good offensive coordinator calling the plays. If he gets cut, he will certainly get picked back up by some other team, namely the 49ers, Seahawks, or Cowboys who desperately need WR help. 

The only bad thing that can truly come from Gordon is if he fails a drug test. That puts him out of the NFL basically for good.

• Like 1

Part of me wants to drop Gordon paritally because the pats run a tight ship and Gordon really hasn't put up tremendous numbers over a 5 year span! Ppl believe in this kid because he is "talented"

Do you Gordon lovers really believe that Gordon is gonna blossom here?

Just because he gets traded to the pats and has Brady doesn't make this kid a sure bet #1 wide out!

HC might be his biggest hurdle. Does Josh have have the will power and mind set to prove a ton of ppl wrong?

His chances of busting here far out way his potential

Does this kid have it in him to learn the play book? This alone is scary

In life there is very talented ppl, just because you have the talent for something doesn't make you automatically great, if you don't put in the work to apply the talent, your talent is as good as useless

I hope he proves me wrong so I can come back to this thread and admit I was completely wrong

Edited by joed2323
Edit
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1